View Poll Results: Which faction will the AAR be of?

Voters
27. This poll is closed
  • Getai

5 18.52%
  • Lusotana

3 11.11%
  • Saka Rauka

6 22.22%
  • Sauromatae

13 48.15%

Thread: What should be my first AAR? I can't decide

Carthalo or Karali Member KuKulzA's Avatar

Default What should be my first AAR? I can't decide

Hello! I've decided to try out doing an AAR. Chirurgeon's good AAR's have kinda helped to push me in this direction. It looks fun. And I want to have fun doing it, and you all to have fun reading it.
    I'm fond of the barbarian factions: Lusotanna, and Getai, as well as the nomad factions: Saka Rauka, and Sauromatae. I can't guarantee I'll do well, and I don't like giving myself extra money so it could be pretty tough, but we'll see... these factions will go into debt real early on if I don't conquer fast or disband...

But I like them all, it's too hard to decide... so I give this decision to the people.

Power to the people!

Default Re: What should be my first AAR? I can't decide

I'd like to see a Saka Rauka or Sauromatae AAR. Either would be great, though out of the two I must say I find the Sauromatae more interesting.
    When Adam delved and Eve span, Who was then the gentleman? From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men. For if God would have had any bondsmen from the beginning, he would have appointed who should be bound, and who free. And therefore I exhort you to consider that now the time is come, appointed to us by God, in which ye may (if ye will) cast off the yoke of bondage, and recover liberty. - John Ball

Incorruptible Forest Manager Member Tristuskhan's Avatar

Definitely Saka Rauka!
    "Les Cons ça ose tout, c'est même à ça qu'on les reconnait"

Kentoc'h Mervel Eget Bezañ Saotret - Death feels better than stain, motto of the Breton People. Emgann!

dang so many for Sauromatae
    out of all of those they are the ones i am least good at/used to, so it'll be an adventure

An Imperfect Follower of Light Member Wolfman's Avatar

I vote Sauromatae seeing that they have never had an AAR about them.
    Tales of Gods and Kings - An Arverni AAR-DEAD
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...82#post1930882
    A People of the Mist - Casse AAR-ALIVE!!!!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Mist-Casse-AAR

Quote Originally Posted by KuKulzA
    Hello! I've decided to try out doing an AAR. Chirurgeon's good AAR's have kinda helped to push me in this direction. It looks fun. And I want to have fun doing it, and you all to have fun reading it.
    I'm fond of the barbarian factions: Lusotanna, and Getai, as well as the nomad factions: Saka Rauka, and Sauromatae. I can't guarantee I'll do well, and I don't like giving myself extra money so it could be pretty tough, but we'll see... these factions will go into debt real early on if I don't conquer fast or disband...

But I like them all, it's too hard to decide... so I give this decision to the people.

Power to the people!
    Thank you Kukulza for the compliments :) I voted for Lusotanna because I just am so fond of their fighting style. They have very good staying power and some awesome heavy cavalry that can turn a battle in no time.

no, thank YOU. Praise should be given where it's deserved

if it so happens that before the end of this poll, Sauromatae or any other faction has a super humongous unbeatably big lead in the votes, I'll just go with that faction however I understand you guys' votes (the people who commented), and your reasons are legit... that's why it's so hard for me to decide when it comes down to these 4 factions, which is why there's a poll

Sarmatians. I believe it's the only faction in the list without an AAR.

If you do a Sauromatae AAR you will be so hardcore. No one will doubt how trve and metal you are.

It would also be major bragging rights as there is only one other person I know of who managed to finish the campaign.

nomad campaigns are tough... I've played as Sauromatae up till 230 BC I think, but I stopped... this time around I'll continue until I beat everyone or am beaten
    and if I am beaten by a rival super power of the time, I'll go down swingin'!

yeah Sauromatae seems to have a strong lead, I think I will go with them, unless something miraculous happens with the voting...

any advice guys?

I think it's hard but if possible, hitting Hayasdan really fast can knock them out and will allow the player to seize the Caucasus provinces which have mines...
    biggest issue will be the beginning, trying to survive and get out of debt, from then on its easier as the momentum builds

Lover of Toight Vahjoinas Member Bootsiuv's Avatar

The only thing I don't like about the eastern and steppe factions is the vast amount of distances you have to cover to conquer anything. I assume as the sauromatae, the closest settlement is at least six months march (although I've yet to play as them, so I'm not certain, I just know how big the steppes are), which means you're almost guaranteed to go in the red if you don't disband almost everything.
    SSbQ*****************SSbQ******************SSbQ

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsiuv
    The only thing I don't like about the eastern and steppe factions is the vast amount of distances you have to cover to conquer anything. I assume as the sauromatae, the closest settlement is at least six months march (although I've yet to play as them, so I'm not certain, I just know how big the steppes are), which means you're almost guaranteed to go in the red if you don't disband almost everything.
    mhm, I've played Saka Rauka a lot...

the trick is being able to beat a lot of people with minimal losses until your economy balances out via taxes, exterminating/looting conquered cities, and get-rich-quick type structures like mines... which are expensive and slow to build, but rewarding...
    the problem is being able to pull it off successfully.... cause you wanna unite all your horsemen to go conquer richer lands, and it takes a while, and if you mess up, there goes your army, and your economy is crap to begin with so rebuilding the cavalry army (the only real army you can build) will be a hard and long process

which is why I kinda want some expert advice from people who are good with nomads cause if I strike Hayasdan and FAIL, then I set myself back decades while everyone else advances....
    but if I take out the Hayasdan early and make peace and trade with Arche Seleukeia, I can grow big and strong over time and not worry about my closest foe, the Armenians... then I got Getai and Pahlava to potentially worry about, but Getai and Pahlava will more likely be occupied by their own enemies... and of course Sweboz and whatever other super-power later on will be an issue

Arche Seleukeia will be an issue sometime though, keeping peace with them won't last forever...

In my game I just disbanded everything and waited till I had enough money to create a horde. Had a few close calls with rebels taking my settlements, but it all worked out in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaatu
    In my game I just disbanded everything and waited till I had enough money to create a horde. Had a few close calls with rebels taking my settlements, but it all worked out in the end.
    we'll see
    Thing is the starting cavalry often is 3 chevrons, meaning they're close to silver... after several victories they'd be an awesome fighting force...

I think what I'll do is attack early and if it fails, recover what i can, disband what i must, and hold out till my economy climbs up...

i think Sauromatae has a unbreakably strong lead

I am going to AAR the Sauromatae, wish me luck!

good luck, I tried them once, but only for three or four turns bacause im not patient enough to play as them.

If you're unsure of how to proceed with the Sauromatae, you can always consult our collective intelligence. Hopefully, we won't task you with rushing Antiocheia
    Pontos rocks!

it's ok, you'll see what I've done so far... I have 18+ chaters to type up and match with screenshots for ya'll... meaning it'll take a long time so I'll probably do a chapter or two a weekend just to keep it routine and steady

something for all to look forward to