Thread: I have to say, this mod is great!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I have to say, this mod is great!

Today I decided to download EB, after realizing how popular it is. Now I know why! Battles don't seem to be as "rushed" as they are in vanilla, the supply idea is great, and the trait system in general is very good. Sometimes it seems a little too complex, but still, very nice work.

One question I have, though: I was playing as a faction in Spain (name started with L). I captured two cities and I was still largely in debt! Is this supposed to happen? I had only built one building and recruited one unit.

Well, this mod is great, but unfortunately my computer can't play it very well. Perhaps once I get a new video card (likely in October), I will come back to play this. But for now, I'll have to find another mod to satisfy me.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: I have to say, this mod is great!

Yes, the economics in EB are much more difficult. You have to cut as much costs as you can. I forget if Lusotanna has ships at the start, but if they do, you should disband them as soon as you can. Then conquer. When you start making money, use it wisely and build things like markets, ports, mines, and such.

EB takes a lot of RAM, most people who are experiencing slow-downs have little RAM.

Welcome SSJVegetaTrunks,

One question I have, though: I was playing as a faction in Spain (name started with L). I captured two cities and I was still largely in debt! Is this supposed to happen? I had only built one building and recruited one unit

Yes EB is scripted so you can not blitz the map you have to slowly build up your empire like in history. Economics are very important but you have a lot mines in spain they are very expensive but they wil pay you back in 20 turns(5 years) or so

Well, this mod is great, but unfortunately my computer can't play it very well. Perhaps once I get a new video card

about the video cards and memory they're some threads about that but i advise you to have at least 1 gb RAM i have 2 gb

Just have a look around this forum and a lot of your questions will be answered

fancy assault unit Member blank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sassem
    Yes EB is scripted so you can not blitz the map you have to slowly build up your empire like in history. Economics are very important but you have a lot mines in spain they are very expensive but they wil pay you back in 20 turns(5 years) or so

about the video cards and memory they're some threads about that but i advise you to have at least 1 gb RAM i have 2 gb
    You can blitz, but as some countries it's difficult

About RAM, i have 512 mb ( ) and it runs fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    Now I can even store my dick in EB underwear

I have 1024 MB ram. I think my 64 MB video card is the problem.

EDIT: Also, it seemed to me that blitzing the map would actually be a good thing to do. With so little money, taking lots of cities as fast as possible seemed like a viable option.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

trust me, its hard to blitz w/o cheating - in my current campaign, i use no cheats besides the toggle_fow cheat, and the auto_win cheat, but only when i really need to use it. on occasion, if i need a building really badly, i would use the add_money cheat if i didnt have enough.

as for the system specs, u need a better video card- mine was also 64 mb, but i got the Nvidia GeForce 7400, and everything is much better. and 2 gb of RAM helps too, along with a 2.0 ghz processor
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

My processor is 2.0 ghz, for now I'm trying to get a new video card. I'm broke, though, but my birthday is on October, so I should be able to get one then.

Quote Originally Posted by hooahguy14
    trust me, its hard to blitz w/o cheating - in my current campaign, i use no cheats besides the toggle_fow cheat, and the auto_win cheat, but only when i really need to use it. on occasion, if i need a building really badly, i would use the add_money cheat if i didnt have enough.
    dude no way man.... I don't mean to sound like an A** but YES! You can Blitz in EB.

Just not as much as in RTW. EB Blitzing is different. Because you go out conquering cities until u get a + income. Then you have to sit there waiting for the $$ to pile up again. (exept if ur one of the rich factions)

Depending on what factions u play the speed of the Blitz will vary as well as the recovery time.
    ex:
    -With Aedui Blitzing is solely focused on killing the Arverni. Soon after the Romans come.
    -With the Sweboz u Blitz until ur army is too small to conquer another city. Then u just sit and wait for $$ to pile up. (I think Lusotana follows a similar step)
    -Romani/KH/Ptolemoi(sp)/Carthege/Seleucid(sp) Blitzing keeps going for much longer, due to the already well established economy, and rich factions nearby (good pludering $$).
    -With Nomads I'll let other players speak. I have yet to play a full through campain with Nomands and Bactria so I will keep my mouth shut.

Just like with any Blitz:
    --make sure u take few casualties,
    --let few enemies escape, a
    --DON'T loose a battle. If u loose ur army you are in deep S*** espcially if u have powerfull neighbors. (I lost a battle against the Ptolemai, and at that point I basically gave up the campain. I could not muster the needed troops to mount a defense, talk about a desisive battle )

Member Member antiochus epiphanes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SSJVegetaTrunks
    I have 1024 MB ram. I think my 64 MB video card is the problem.

EDIT: Also, it seemed to me that blitzing the map would actually be a good thing to do. With so little money, taking lots of cities as fast as possible seemed like a viable option.
    i have 3 gigs of ram, and a nvidia 6150 graphics card, and my EB install is still a tad slow..... i think its the graphics card that needs to be upgraded.