Thread: Spielberg to-be

Default Spielberg to-be

Well i know weve tried making intros here before, but I thought Id give it a shot myself, since I feel EB needs narrated intros. Ive got a program to record in-game footage (FRAPS) and im using Cyberlink PowerDirector to voice over and edit it. BUT there are some things I need help with, and as much advice as possible would be great.

1-When using Fraps Im not sure if ill be able to cut out the HUD, so i wanted to know if anyone here who uses PowerDirector could help with that. Or any other way to get rid of the HUD would be great. How did you guys make those videos without including on screen mumbo jumbo?

2-Since Ill be giving it a shot with the Romani, i wanted to know (from the historical point of view) which troops I should use. Considering how the intro is at the start of the game it should be early troops, but i wanted to have some hard facts to help me pick a force.

3-Im guessing to record ill have to into custom battle and record on fraps, but trying not to fight at times for marching shots, etc. OR is there another way? How did you guys (Hooaah guy and Name, and any others) get onto the battlefield map? Did you do custom battle and simply ignore the enemy, or is there some way you can march around cities and such?

4-Some reason when i go into custom battle and select Roma, the city looks eastern, with bleached Persian-like walls, and palm trees and desert around. Any help?

I know its a long list, but i really wanna do my best to make this vid, and ill be putting it up on youtube when (or if) it ever gets finished. Cheers
    Brothers in Arms- A Legionaries AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...86#post1853386

Default Re: Spielberg to-be

Well you could try a battle in which the enemy assaults your city; in which you lead your forces through the backdoor so to speak...
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

For the first one, use the -movie_cam command for the shortcut. Load a saved reply and it will allow far better use of the camera and no hud.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

4-Check advanced options and select culture type for the settlement.

I've tried to create an EB film in the past, but it was too laggy.
    It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
    Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-Sir Winston Churchill
    ΔΟΣ ΜΟΙ ΠΑ ΣΤΩ ΚΑΙ ΤΑΝ ΓΑΝ ΚΙΝΑΣΩ--Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth.-Archimedes on his work with levers
    Click here for my Phalanx/Aquilifer mod

An Imperfect Follower of Light Member Wolfman's Avatar

how does one make the movie _cam work?
    Tales of Gods and Kings - An Arverni AAR-DEAD
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...82#post1930882
    A People of the Mist - Casse AAR-ALIVE!!!!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Mist-Casse-AAR

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman
    how does one make the movie _cam work?
    1. Have a shortcut to RomeTW.exe (or RomeTW-BI.exe if using BI).
    2. Right click on it and choose 'properties'.
    3. Choose the "folder" (whatever it's called) "shortcut"
    4. You should see "Target:" and to the right of that it should say where you have said .exe-file, and then extra switches - for example: ""C:\Program Files\Activision\Europa Barbarorum\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:eb -nm -show_err".
    5. Add -movie_cam (so that, in my example, it would be C:\Program Files\Activision\Europa Barbarorum\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:eb -nm -show_err -movie_cam)
    6. Start up EB using that shortcut and load a saved battle replay. Voilà!
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 08-29-2007 at 12:36.

Also, the numpad controls the camera. Just do some experimenting with the controls, the camera is completely free to move.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

EB Keyframe Artist Member Kampfkrebs's Avatar

How to create a nice EB movie:

1. Have some skill in video editing, if not, have some birth given skill.

2. Have some GOOD editing programs, like:
    -Fraps (not really for editing, but without it you can forget your movie, since the RTW engine capture thingy is crap)

- A main video editor like Vegas, oder media studio 8 pro (which I prefer)

- A composing software (adobe after effects, by name)

3. Have proper music which fits your faction (and no, even if some Saba´s were black, 50 cent ISNT your choice :P )

4. Have a storyboard, or at least a barely idea of what you want to create.

5. Play a custom battle. BUT: if you want to create a good movie, you should remind of your choosen faction. The romans never were in the saka steppe. They also havent ever used amored indian elephants.
    And choose as your opponent the "arch enemy" of your faction. Well, as rome you could basically choose the whole europe region. But some celts should do the job.

6. SAVE THE REPLAY!

7. Start fraps (watch your choosen FPS, 40fps is always a good deal), and load your battlereplay. Get yourself comfortable with the controls (I use WSAD, btw) and then start recording everything you think which could give a good scene.

8. Load your editing program and try to produce a nice movie. And dont forget
    to share it with other people, cause only their critics can improve your work!

Now that was a (really) short overview about RTW and video editing.
    And dont be frustrated if it doesnt start that well, just try it over and over again, and you´ll see, you´ll get better.

So long,
    Julian

Member for Videoediting

thanks a lot guys, this heres more advice than i think i can handle, but im really grateful now all i need is a black cap, a bull horn and one of those chairs directors always have.
    Brothers in Arms- A Legionaries AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...86#post1853386

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

If you have a friend with EB, you could also try saving a replay from a multiplayer battle you fight according to choreography you agreed on beforehand, in order to get full control over the moves
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
    Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-Sir Winston Churchill
    ΔΟΣ ΜΟΙ ΠΑ ΣΤΩ ΚΑΙ ΤΑΝ ΓΑΝ ΚΙΝΑΣΩ--Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth.-Archimedes on his work with levers
    Click here for my Phalanx/Aquilifer mod

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Long lost Caesar
    3-Im guessing to record ill have to into custom battle and record on fraps, but trying not to fight at times for marching shots, etc. OR is there another way? How did you guys (Hooaah guy and Name, and any others) get onto the battlefield map? Did you do custom battle and simply ignore the enemy, or is there some way you can march around cities and such?

4-Some reason when i go into custom battle and select Roma, the city looks eastern, with bleached Persian-like walls, and palm trees and desert around. Any help?
    1) Name did the video, and i think he putt the difficulty level on "easy" so they just stood where they were.

2) u should use a roman huge city (made in custom battle setup) for rome- for some reason, its messed up in EB....

ps- y dont u PM Name? im sure hell be glad to assist u.....
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore