Thread: Battle AI and another question

Default Battle AI and another question

Hello

This looks a cracking mod but I am just wondering if you chaps are changinging the battlefield AI at all. I am now used to EB/RTR AI for RTW and I am wondering if you are slowing down the unit speeds or changing the AI at all?

I am sure if you are not mini mods will come out so no biggie but would like to know.

Also what happend to the factions that STW used to have that don't appear to be there.

Thanks for your time.

Autocrat Member Vlad The Impaler's Avatar

Default Re: Battle AI and another question

Quote Originally Posted by olly
    Also what happend to the factions that STW used to have that don't appear to be there.
    this is the faction thread and all factions from original STW are there, don't worry
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=56275
    of course, because is focusing on sengoku jidai period, there are no mongols like in stw:mongol invasion

regarding the first question,sorry, i don't know
    Tough Times Don't Last. Tough People Do. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. [Mark Twain]

Hello
    This looks a cracking mod but I am just wondering if you chaps are changinging the battlefield AI at all. I am now used to EB/RTR AI for RTW and I am wondering if you are slowing down the unit speeds or changing the AI at all?
    Hello Olly, we are currently having a look on that part ... Trying new ideas and so to make it more realistic... All I can say now is that running in front of the enemy, even with a powerful army, won't work anymore... About the speed, i have to check which skeletons we have... If there is enough "slow_skeletons", we will change them to reduce the units speed...

@ Olly : As Vlad said, they are all there except the Mongols...
    @ Vlad : Thanks for the help
    Forgive my english, didn't practice for years !

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=120

"All I can say now is that running in front of the enemy, even with a powerful army, won't work anymore"

Rats, thats my only tactic......

Anyway, thanks for your reply and I will go back to lurking and looking forward to your release.

Rats, thats my only tactic......
    Forgive my english, didn't practice for years !

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=120