Thread: so which is better, +1 honor or +3 armor?

i was always wondering about that because i can't decide if i should produce certain unit from the +1 honor region or an armory region.

the whole map only has one region like that which has a armory and produce cavarly +1 honor

really depends. nagis with plus 3 armour will be well tough to kill, but shoot them a bit and they'll still die as good as the next man.

however, plus honour yari sams will mean less running away from the charging honour 0 monks, giving you time to reinforce them with some other tougher units, instead of just fleeing and making the rest of your army flee with them.

it's all up to what you're gonna use them for: killing or dying. send the higher honours to kill better than usual, and the higher armour to stop your other units getting cut down in showers of arrows, or cover your general from a potentially fatal charge.

------------------
    TIGER LILY!!!
    check it out for yourself at: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tom.surman/frames.html
    TIGER LILY!!!
    check it out for yourself at: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tom.surman/frames.html

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

I prefer the higher honor but you can do both.When your unarmoured but high honor unit gets depleted combine them with the armoured unit by dropping the unarmored onto the armored one.Doing it the other way will lose the armour.If the partial units are still too large to combine go to the menu,click options then performance,move the slider from 60 men per unit to 120.Go back to the game and combine the units.Change the slider back to 60 and continue with your game.
    Tito
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

I'd always utilize the +1 honour regions. The armoury in Shinano is a so you can build +1 hon HC (not that I bother). You should always go for the buildings that give you honour bonuses first. If i'm playing Shimazu say then I will be able to build +3 hon ND 24 seasons before building +2 hon +3 arm ND and for 3000 less koku. On expert that time difference is crucial. In fact I don't think i've ever had a famous or legendary armoury on expert. The game is either won or lost by then.

too true! does anyone else think that you have only one real shot in the game at making a half decent shock/armoured/cavalry dojo in the game. It's a shame that the game really doesn't last long enough for the kind of fantastical mixtures(I mean really! Teppus and monks together!) you see in the custom battles towards the end of a game I usually end up with yaris, archers and either ND,WM,YC or Nags depending on how its all panned out.

Well l always build on provinces with an armoury. Armour is good man and if you have level 3 armour then yer nag and hard to kill and units week against projectile units like wm and no-dashi become better. Also the projectile units with the extra armour don't die as the other guys do since bullets and arrows aren't so afficient against em andy more So l would go for the armour.

------------------
    Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
    http://darksideclan.fateback.com
    Enter the Darkside...
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness

I prefer armor any day!
    a unit of YS can be as good as NAG with the armor bonus,the same works for other units- YA-YS YC-HC.

but i rearly get to the LA becuse i finish the game too fast

i love to see my SA in LA,they are sooooo good in HTH.

------------------
    "A WISE MAN ONCE SAID,LETS KICK THAIR ASS!"
    "A WISE MAN ONCE SAID,LETS KICK THAIR ASS!"

here is what i'm currently doing:

The emperor's home province i take when i play ODA. I take it in the first season and i get a large castle and a +1 honour bonus to anything created there (including strategic units like emissary) There i build famous archery dojo and a swordsmith ASAP (with a sword dojo when it's available)

At Omi i make a large castle and famous armoury plus famous spear ASAP as well. Since what good is honour to Yari Ashigura? (i tend to use Yamashiro for only archers, CA, and No-Dashi.)

A fortress gives me Legendary Archery potential...which is incredibly powerful when I have Famous Swordsmith as well. (+1 province honour +2 dojo honour +2 attack bonus = KILLERS) i can have all this by 1542.

[This message has been edited by MajorFreak (edited 04-24-2001).]