Thread: Please Help

Default Please Help

Can someone tell me please what I must do to extend end date (1453) of Medieval Total War 1?What I must change?
    Thanks very much!!!

Default Re: Please Help

please,someone?

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

I haven't tried it, but I think you need the download in post #6 from here:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=69843
    Quote Originally Posted by highlanddave
    ok, i found it.

To play past 1453 in your current campaign for which you have a saved game, you will need this to patch the save-file:

http://www.3ddownloads.com/totalwar/..._limit_fix.zip

This will set the game current date in your campaign to 1454. Since it makes kings and generals older too it would be best to use it on a game saved in 1453, so they only age by 1 year.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

I have found this files(early,high,late) but I can't find where to write number when I want to finish game etc.9999?
    I am a totaly new so please help me..

To extend a game in progress, I think you have to use the tool to modify the game's save file, not the various txt config files. Maybe someone else can chime in here, I've never tried to extend a game before myself. One problem is that most end-of-game modding posts are embedded in other mod threads, or are in threads titled "Help", so it's hard to search for.

Sorry I can't help more. Good luck, and welcome to the Org!
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

I want to start a new game (campign),not to extend saved one.Thanks anyway,friend.Hopefully,somebody will help me with my problem.

Here's something I dug up that might help.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=30828

Quote Originally Posted by dunno
    Actually, the line isn't there for the normal campaign so you'll have to add:

SetGameEndDate:: nnnn

Where n is the year of your choice. For the Viking campaign, the line is already set to 1066 so you just change that to whatever you want.
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by dunno
    I doubt it matters but I guess to be safe, you can do the same as how CA placed it in the viking campaign, which is right after the SetLatePeriodStartDate line. And yes, it goes in the same file Early, High, Late, or Viking, text files depending on which period you play at that's located in MTW\campmap\startpos folder.
    Hope that helps!

Thanks,I will try it.

I think changing the enddate in the campaign/startpos era file (early, high late should suffice.
    Iä Cthulhu!