Thread: Tech question

Default Tech question

How can you run MTW2 withouth the disk..I have the game installed locally on a machine and its asking for the disk..The Game I bought was a DVD Rom and the computer I am asking about..can't read DVD..So i copied and installed the CD to this machine..It keeps prompting for the CD..

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: Tech question

Sorry, any problems on circumventing copy protection and/or borderline legal ways of getting the game to run without a cd, as well as giving hints or links to it are against the forum rules.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Re: Tech question

FactionHeir is correct. The rules of this forum forbid discussion of ways to circumvent copy protection. This includes information on "No CD" patches, even if you own the game. If you want information on how to fix the actual problem itself, I suggest you post a thread in the Apothecary (our tech help forum).