Thread: Kingdoms faction list and unit rosters

Senior Member Senior Member Cheetah's Avatar

Default Kingdoms faction list and unit rosters

Could some of the lucky ones post a full faction list and at least some of the unit rosters? I am mostly interested in the native tribes. Do they all play out as the Aztecs? What kind of variety are there between the tribes? Thx.
    Lional of Cornwall
    proud member of the Round Table Knights

"If you wish to weaken the enemy's sword, move first, fly in and cut!" - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei

Ricardus Insanusaum Member Bob the Insane's Avatar

Default Re: Kingdoms faction list and unit rosters

Well from memory of playing last night as the Appalachian indians...

Rabbit Boys - young warriors/archers
    Dog Soldiers - normal warriors/archers
    Braves - melee warriors w/ throwning spears
    Scouts - light melee warriors w/can hide
    Medicine Men - more chanting special powers thing...

ah... Memory failure... Those are what you start with...

The units are all listed in the manual which is at home at the mo (I am at work)...

The Apaches are sweet. Besides the units mentioned by Bob, they also have:

Ondes Men--Spearmen with very strong (14) attack and fear ability.

Elite Archer with 12 melee 12 range 7 defense.

Thunderbraves with guns.

Mounted Archers

Mounted Gunners

Apaches are strong at range and have decent melee attacks, but wear no armor and have very low defense across the board.

Aztecs are basically the same as Vanilla, (They get Arrow Warriors as a hybrid javelin/melee unit) and all the other Meso-American Factions are modeled after them.

Mayan units have mostly the same stats as Aztecs, but no Eagle Warriors or Arrow Warriors. They have a bunch of units with the word militia in their names though, so I don't know if they get free upkeep units as a unique benefit. Their unique unit is the Hornet Thrower.

Chichimeca aren't playable at the start, and have a small roster that is mostly similar to the Apaches. They get lance calvary apparently though, as well as a decent heavy infantry unit.

kwait nait Member Monsieur Alphonse's Avatar

There are 8 pdf files, two for each campaiagn (follder is buildings and units planners), on the DVD containing buildings and units rosters.
    Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Insane
    Well from memory of playing last night as the Appalachian indians...

Rabbit Boys - young warriors/archers
    Dog Soldiers - normal warriors/archers
    Braves - melee warriors w/ throwning spears
    Scouts - light melee warriors w/can hide
    Medicine Men - more chanting special powers thing...
    Thx. Sounds funny but interesting. Cannot wait to put my Rabbit Boys vs some Dismounted Chivalric knights ...
    Lional of Cornwall

"If you wish to weaken the enemy's sword, move first, fly in and cut!" - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac
    The Apaches are sweet. Besides the units mentioned by Bob, they also have:

Ondes Men--Spearmen with very strong (14) attack and fear ability.

Elite Archer with 12 melee 12 range 7 defense.

Thunderbraves with guns.

Mounted Archers

Mounted Gunners

Apaches are strong at range and have decent melee attacks, but wear no armor and have very low defense across the board.
    Sounds more worrying. I am mean sounds a bit overpowered. 12 range attack is more than LBs have, and the English does not have mounted archers and mounted gunners ...

By the way, if you pick custom battle from which factions can you choose? All Kingdom factions or only out of the factions of the given campaign?
    Lional of Cornwall

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac
    Aztecs are basically the same as Vanilla, (They get Arrow Warriors as a hybrid javelin/melee unit) and all the other Meso-American Factions are modeled after them.

Mayan units have mostly the same stats as Aztecs, but no Eagle Warriors or Arrow Warriors. They have a bunch of units with the word militia in their names though, so I don't know if they get free upkeep units as a unique benefit. Their unique unit is the Hornet Thrower.
    Just what I thought, but actually it can be good from a balance point of view (thinking about MP).

Other faction rosters, perhaps from the teutonic campaign? Lithuania, teutonic knights? Thx.
    Lional of Cornwall

Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Alphonse
    There are 8 pdf files, two for each campaiagn (follder is buildings and units planners), on the DVD containing buildings and units rosters.
    Any way those PDF files could be posted without copyright infringement? I mean, they are just information files and not playable game files. Could also provide more sales for CA. How about it? Anyone from CA here who could answer this?
    Playing M2:TW and R:TW on an Intel Mac!

Places I have lived:

Places I have visited:

"The ingenuity of the device blinds us to its utter uselessness."
    (anonymous British civil servant, circa 1940)

(www.3dflags.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah
    Sounds more worrying. I am mean sounds a bit overpowered. 12 range attack is more than LBs have, and the English does not have mounted archers and mounted gunners ...

By the way, if you pick custom battle from which factions can you choose? All Kingdom factions or only out of the factions of the given campaign?

I don't have the list with me at the moment but I believe they only gain access to those units by capturing Spanish units.

I made them sound better than they are. The Apaches are hella cool, but have lots of limitations. They're city building options are very limited, and it takes a long time for them to get to the point of building even 2 units in a turn. 90% of their roster is completely unarmoured, with no sheilds. Their best overall frontal defense is 9, and that's only one unit. Average defense is 4.