Thread: Fairly Newbie Q

Default Fairly Newbie Q

Hi all great site!

1. I have been playing Med 2 for a while now and have completed it on Hard with no real drama's, do you guy's think I would be ready to play an online game against other geeks?

2. That leads me onto how do I get to play an online game? Ive gone onto gamespy ect to try and get a number or pass word to play but this seemed most difficult, has anyone got any pointers?

Thanks very much in advance.

Buckers

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Default Re: Fairly Newbie Q

By Med 2 I presume you mean Medieval 2 Total war? This forum is for the old MTW. M2TW has its own MP forum in the M2TW forum section.

Playing SP will give you experience on how to manuever units and the use of the controls, but MP is against human opponents who generally will not make the same mistakes as the AI. The only way to prepare for MP is well to play MP heh.

I believe you have to register on gamespy and get an account there. That is free and should not be a problem. You pick a username and email and that is what you use for logging in to the MP server (done through the game)

You have found your cd key that came with the game? Type that in (using caps lock) and you should be able to login. I have seen some with problems of invalid cdkey which might require some register edit, but no need to worry about that until you actually have that problem.

CBR

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

Default Re: Fairly Newbie Q

Quote Originally Posted by Buckers
    Hi all great site!

1. I have been playing Med 2 for a while now and have completed it on Hard with no real drama's, do you guy's think I would be ready to play an online game against other geeks?

2. That leads me onto how do I get to play an online game? Ive gone onto gamespy ect to try and get a number or pass word to play but this seemed most difficult, has anyone got any pointers?

Thanks very much in advance.

Buckers
    Try this link to GameSpy, it should get you registered easily...

https://login.gamespyid.com/login.as...index.aspx&sl=

Once you have your Username..email address and password, Start up the game (do not log in through GameSpy) ...Select Multiplayer>Details, you will have to enter these in the place provided then click Online Battles (above your details). This should take you to the Muliplayer Lobby.

Happy hunting.
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.