Thread: New Computer by end of year!

Default New Computer by end of year!

Yes, I'm buying myself a new computer at the end of the year since I'll finally have enough money. 2 gig ram, 8000 series video card.

Now there will be no point to be jealous of an EB head since I will be one, as one, to one, say one, I one...

Meaning I'll be playing it too. (Sorry these org forums are just so addicitive. Post post post away)

Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.

Default Re: New Computer by end of year!

Yes Yes!! I'll be getting a new computer in the next couple of months, aswell. So this will be very exciting. Currently I have to play EB with low to mild settings...and the troops are always on normal...can't wait to play with HUGE troop sizes and with the HIGHEST detail settings

Ah, must be nice. I have to deal with a laptop that's about 3 years old. It works though. 512 RAM, GeForce Go5200 graphics and a 3 Ghz processor. It works but I generally have to keep most graphics on low settings

Yeah, I'm another one on low settings. Even the 3D settings with nvidia: peformance.

Yes, EB is a pleasant thing. When you are done with the week, and all alone in your room, hearing the clash of swords and squeels of calvary, and to think of anything of another.
    Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.

EB Keyframe Artist Member Kampfkrebs's Avatar

I cant wait for my second GB of ram.
    Finally VERY LARGE instead of only LARGE unit numbers (even if they look sweet with very high details + full AA)

Member for Videoediting

I think I'll get a new PC when one of the following happens:
    1- My current PC dies.
    2- EB2 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSpartan
    I think I'll get a new PC when one of the following happens:
    1- My current PC dies.
    2- EB2 comes out.
    I second that.

This is slightly off topic, but I noted the reference to a second GB of ram above. There was a recent post talking about how to optimize performance of EB. I was too lazy/frightened of causing computer problems. I currently have 1 GB of ram. Does anyone know how much of a performance boost I could expect if I were to install another 1 GB? Also, I assume it would help with the problem RTW has of slowly clogging up RAM over time. Any advice would be appreciated.

woirble

Nobody can really tell you how much it will help on your computer there are to many things involved like defragmentation, hd space and speed, cpu speed etc..

One tip if you ever going to buy (build) a new computer visit sites like http://tweakers.net/reviews/702/4 (dutch site)

I bought all my computer stuff online and configured everything myself most of the time it's cheaper than buying a (standard) computer in the shop cause you can left out allot of unnecessary stuff

and your computer will last longer because it will meet the recommendations better for newer games

Cash, you have a 3GHz processor being wasted by a 512MB stick of RAM. RAM is relatively cheap, make your computer happy, buy at least another 512!
    I'm Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by skuzzy
    Cash, you have a 3GHz processor being wasted by a 512MB stick of RAM. RAM is relatively cheap, make your computer happy, buy at least another 512!
    Yes, and laziness has prompted me to do nothing about that
    Not to mention money on a college student's budget becomes an issue. And golf has taken precedent over my computer.

It has been something I have wanted to do for a while though.
    Last edited by Cash Staks; 08-30-2007 at 21:50.

Meh! Me too want a new comp. I worked all summer so I should afford one, but I've soon wasted all the money on clothes and shoes and stuff I dont really need. I need a new phone too, prob an expensive one. :P