Thread: Previous Version Unit Request

The Aspiring God Of War Member Lysander13's Avatar
    Leading the assault against the Gods at Mount Olympos itself.

Default Previous Version Unit Request

I had intended to ask for this for awhile now and kept forgetting. I'm not sure if it's possible but no harm in asking. Before the EB website was updated i saw the KH had a unit of Corinthian Hoplites that looked great. I'm not sure what version this unit is from or as of what version it was no longer included but would it be possible for perhaps an EB team member or anyone who may have it to email me the model, texture, unit cards and relevant sprites ( if needed )?? I would very much like to include this unit in my own personal version of EB. If this is possible and someone still has this unit laying around somewhere, i would very much appreciate having it. Thanks in advance.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: Previous Version Unit Request

That was way back in v0.74, when EB was a true beta. That unit just became the 'Classical Hoplite' unit. If you were to integrate the Corinthian Hoplite back in, you would have to remove the Classical Hoplite unit due to model issues.

What do you mean exactly by model issues? What kind of issues?

You can only have one skin per faction per model. The model that was used for the Corinthian Hoplite, now has the Classical Hoplite skin assigned to it (& Hoplitai Haploi via the merc trick).

Although, you could just copy and rename the model having two identical models. That would add an extra step or two, though.
    It is quite a process to integrate units into EB, assign them all the right stats and skins, and give them the correct recruitment.
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 08-31-2007 at 04:29.

Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    You can only have one skin per faction per model. The model that was used for the Corinthian Hoplite, now has the Classical Hoplite skin assigned to it (& Hoplitai Haploi via the merc trick).
    Right i understand completely.

Although, you could just copy and rename the model having two identical models.
    So technically i already have the model; I can just copy the current classical hoplite model--rename it to let's say corinthian_hoplite_high.cas, 15 or whatever..etc..etc ..then all i would need is the texture, unit cards and sprites (unless it uses the same sprites that the current classical hoplite uses) and voila i've got the old Corinthian EB unit that i'm really fond of.

That would add an extra step or two, though.
    It is quite a process to integrate units into EB, assign them all the right stats and skins, and give them the correct recruitment.
    Not a problem, as i have already added 6 or 7 more units to my version of EB for campaign only and all recruitable by the KH (with relevant hidden resource of course) and a few by the Macks. Being the KH dork that i am, i gave some of the greek cities their own hoplites like Rhodes, Athens, Crete, etc..etc and made them just a little better stat wise than the classical hoplite but not quite as good as the Spartiatai. To make it worth while recruiting them. I think of them as the elite hoplite that those individual cities produce. Since the KH is more an alliance than just one faction. I represent this in my version by giving some of the the greek cities there own hoplites. For no other reason really than just to give my favorite EB faction more units to recruit. I currently use the RTR Corinthians for Korinth but wouldn't mind replacing them with the old EB Corinthians.

Well, I'm not sure where to find the data. Look around the TWC for a v0.72 download or something. There is usually tons of outdated data floating around there.

Add to this, that the 0.74 Corinthian hoplites actually uses the wrong skin: the Poeni/Libian Heavy Infantry skin of Carthage... So it could become a bit more difficult.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

OK...no big deal...thanks anyway fellas.