Thread: Blood, Sweat and Grime question.

Default Blood, Sweat and Grime question.

You guys going to make battles bloodier; or, is the bloodiness and dirtiness going to stay about the same?

Join the Army: A Pontic AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96984
    ...uh coptic mother****er:A Makuria Comedy AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...93#post1814493

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Default Re: Blood, Sweat and Grime question.

You should clarify your question by what you're comparing dirtiness and bloddiness to. EBI, M2TW.. etc?
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

I think he means EB1.

Well, seeing that this does add realism, I think they would include *some* blood and grime. Don't expect true hack&slash game blood and gore, but I think there will be a bit of blood.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

I want to see rivers of blood, let my Roman Legions bathe in the blood of barbarians and wade through oceans of blood as they burn the city´s of Graecia and the Poeni! Mohahahah!!!!
    Seriously, they´ve got to include some blood.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

...yes...well.

Go play Soldier of Fortune.
    This space intentionally left blank.

I would imagine blood was sort of a (pardon the expression) "hit or miss" thing in battles. I mean, there was probably plenty of it, but you weren't guaranteed to decapitate an enemy. Considering how troublesome the process was when someone was sitting STILL (for executions), dismemberment couldn't have been easy to pull off in one swing. From what I can tell, it seems like most of the TRUE gory-ness of the ancient world came AFTER battle, what with the defiling of enemies, and the subsequent raping/tossing babies off ramparts...

About some great ancient battles, for example the battle of Chalons (Campi Catalaunici), the historians (Jordanes) wrote how the blood ran like torrents. But we really don't know if it was true or a literary motif.

But I vote for the blood and the carnage!
    "Iustitia procurat pacem et iniuria bellum, humilia verba sunt nuntii pacis et superba, belli." (Ramon Llull)

Marzbân-î Jundîshâpûr Member The Persian Cataphract's Avatar

All I am going to say is that we have no plans to make battles look like child's play. Expect that much.

"Fortunate is every man who in purity and truth recognizes valiance and prevents it from becoming bravado" - Âriôbarzanes of the Sûrên-Pahlavân

Quote Originally Posted by The Persian Cataphract
    All I am going to say is that we have no plans to make battles look like child's play. Expect that much.
    I has two balloons!