Thread: Unspecified Error in Kingdoms

Default Unspecified Error in Kingdoms

I am playing kingdoms. Every time I enter combat the game crashes and i get an unspecified error message. I read the read me file with the program and I updated the windows xp to the most recent update. What can I do.

Where's your head at? Member Galain_Ironhide's Avatar

Default Re: Unspecified Error in Kingdoms

Did you buy both versions of the game thru the same distribution method? Apparently if you buy the game retail and download the expansion (or vice versa), they wont work together.

Good Luck!
    - 'Let's finish the game.' - Josiah Gordon "Doc" Scurlock

Read my AAR - BC Kingdom of Jerusalem - For Faith or Greed

Odd that the game only crashes when going to the tactical map. Did you by any chance unpack the files for Kingdoms?
    Our greatest glory lies not in never having fallen, but in rising every time we fall. Oliver Goldsmith

It's me again the original poster again. I bought M2TW at a target and Kingdoms at a Wal Mart.

What the above poster meant was that buying a retail version from a store isn't compatible with a downloaded version of the regular MedII. But if you bought both the original MedII and the expansion Kingdoms from a store, then they should be compatible.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. -Sir Nigel

It's the same for me. After entering the battle and the loading I shortly see the units, then I hear a "peep" and have a black screen. It is not a ctd. It occurs in own battles and campaign battles, not every time but most times.

When I click "esc" after the black screen in own battles I come to the desctop, in campaign battles I have to pull the cable to shut the pc down because the game goes on in the background but you cannot see the buttons.

And I have the normal DVD version of M2TW and the normal DVD version of Kingdoms. System is a Intel CD 6600, 2 MB RAM, Geforce 7950 GX2, Windows XP latest version and latest card drivers.

I bought Kingdoms mostly to be ready for EB2 but nevertheless it's extremely annoying.
    Last edited by geala; 09-01-2007 at 06:53.
    The queen commands and we'll obey
    Over the Hills and far away.
    (perhaps from an English Traditional, about 1700 AD)

Drum, Kinder, seid lustig und allesamt bereit:
    Auf, Ansbach-Dragoner! Auf, Ansbach-Bayreuth!
    (later chorus -containing a wrong regimental name for the Bayreuth-Dragoner (DR Nr. 5) - of the "Hohenfriedberger Marsch", reminiscense of a battle in 1745 AD, to the music perhaps of an earlier cuirassier march)

I have the same problem of "Unspecified Error" in Kingdoms. I played for several hours on Thursday, and then on Friday, could not get into my saved game without crashing. I log in, hit "continue campaign" and then I get the pop up window.

Someone said to delete MTW2 and Kingdoms and reinstall. Before I do this drastic step, I would like to know if someone else did the reinstall and that it worked for them. But then I would also like it if for once the fix did not involve reinstalling the whole blasted game.

I liked Kingdoms, it is well done and I was having a good time until the "unspecified" nemesis arrived. Totalwars is my favorite game series, I waited anxiously for Shogun, and waited anxiously for the sequals. I wish that other companies would copy the strategic/turn based and RTS/combat mode of Totalwar.

I usually lurk on these boards, but I got impatient for the bug fix.

One thing the old MTW had that I missed on the new one. The amazing sketches on the credits roll. The artist was really good in depicting a really mean guy with just a few pencil strokes. I noticed some new water color type paintings on the new Kingdom's wait-for-a-while-page. Totally unneccesary and totally cool.

Iron Chef Wannabe Member Fookison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmagnus
    I have the same problem of "Unspecified Error" in Kingdoms. I played for several hours on Thursday, and then on Friday, could not get into my saved game without crashing. I log in, hit "continue campaign" and then I get the pop up window.

Someone said to delete MTW2 and Kingdoms and reinstall. Before I do this drastic step, I would like to know if someone else did the reinstall and that it worked for them. But then I would also like it if for once the fix did not involve reinstalling the whole blasted game.

I liked Kingdoms, it is well done and I was having a good time until the "unspecified" nemesis arrived. Totalwars is my favorite game series, I waited anxiously for Shogun, and waited anxiously for the sequals. I wish that other companies would copy the strategic/turn based and RTS/combat mode of Totalwar.

I usually lurk on these boards, but I got impatient for the bug fix.

One thing the old MTW had that I missed on the new one. The amazing sketches on the credits roll. The artist was really good in depicting a really mean guy with just a few pencil strokes. I noticed some new water color type paintings on the new Kingdom's wait-for-a-while-page. Totally unneccesary and totally cool.
    See my thread on .NET Framework 3.0, Who Knew?. I had to uninstall the whole thing. I tried the shortcut to no avail. Get ready for the long haul to un-install, update and then re-install.

Thanks for the help. i really do appreciate it.