Thread: Unable to train units of any type in certain expansion areas.

Default Unable to train units of any type in certain expansion areas.

I am currently playing a Roman campaign and am unable to train units in certain cities where I have established my own II level governments, destroyed all foreign buildings and rebuilt them.

One case in point would be Karali. I can build fleets in the city, however I cannot train any combat units. I have several cities that are like this.

One thing I have noticed is under the list of constructed buildings there are no non buildings stating the era of reform that city is in. For example: "Time of Freemen," as is listed in many cities I control north-west of the Italian peninsula.

Anyone care to take a stab at it?

Default Re: Unable to train units of any type in certain expansion areas.

All your answers are in the FAQ, my friend.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=84854

I've read through the FAQ about 11 times, so just to check my reading comprehension:

I should probably assume that there simply are no units coded into the game in there cities for me to recruit? Even levies?

Thanks for the reply!

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Nope, there aren't any regional units available in ex-Carthage island territories. You'll have to wait until the Marian Era, as the Romans, to be able to recruit anything there. Hopefully, there will be a regional there one day, it just isn't made yet.

Good to know! Thanks!

LOL, I have a general with his retinue as the single occupant of Karali island. The old man is quite a Casanova and he's bred one military-age son already. I hope to garrison the island with the old man's offspring generals. They will be left to sit there and hopefully have more sex. Right now I'm too lazy to ship infantry to the island but eventually I will send some units from Italia proper.
    Last edited by Kολοσσός; 01-17-2008 at 04:31.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ