Thread: To: The Powers That Be, Re: Kingdoms

Default To: The Powers That Be, Re: Kingdoms

With all due respect and admiration for the new expansion and people's interest in it - Perhaps we could have a separate Kingdoms forum. It is tedious to wade through which threads are about Kingdoms and which are not. As a person who has not yet purchased the expansion, it would be nice to see threads which are only about "my" game, and I imagine the numerous new Kingdoms addicts are anxious to hear no more of vanilla M2TW, so my request only benefits both sides.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: To: The Powers That Be, Re: Kingdoms

That's unlikely, given that none of the other TW games were given a separate subforum.
    Its understandable with Kingdoms even, as it really is, for the most part, just an official mod to M2TW.

Most discussion is applicable either way too though, for instance the same bugs existing in either game and gameplay questions on kingdoms likely only being answered by people who have kingdoms: the first post tends to clarify which game a topic is about, and even if it does not explicitly say so, the factions involves in kingdoms do differ quite a bit from the grand campaign.

[edit]
    Your request is much better suited for the Watchtower forum btw.
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 09-01-2007 at 15:28.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

I'll shove this over to the watchtower, though not with my endorsement.

I'm with FH on this one - I really don't see enough difference between Kingdoms and M2TW to justify a separate forum...
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Post Re: To: The Powers That Be, Re: Kingdoms

Hmm, I'm not quite sure if this would work, but, perhaps, as a compromise, should one be required, the thread prefix system could be used to differentiate between Kingdoms threads and normal M2:TW threads.

It is not a perfect solution though. As FactionHeir said, many Citadel threads are applicable to both games. Although an additional prefix could be applied to them, it may arouse confusion among people not used to the system.
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 09-01-2007 at 16:02.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

I was thinking about that, but it would interfere with other prefixes.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

I think a prefix would be neat - they are optional anyway.

You could even have five prefixes:

Kingdoms
    Crusades Camp.
    Teutonic Camp.
    Britannia Camp.
    Americas Camp.

Or some such.

I do think that there should be some element that differentiates Kingdoms from M2 but a seperate subforum is overscaled and if it were introduced on the prefixes, it would confuse people because for example it could be a Kingdoms : Query but since you have to choose one or the other people don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21
    I think a prefix would be neat - they are optional anyway.

You could even have five prefixes:

Kingdoms
    Crusades Camp.
    Teutonic Camp.
    Britannia Camp.
    Americas Camp.

Or some such.
    We've got exactly 5 prefixies left, so that would come pretty close to an exact fit...should we find a way to fix the problems, as above.
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Well not everyone is using the prefixes when they should....