Thread: traits assigned to multiple character types

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

Default traits assigned to multiple character types

I've just been testing something to try and work out why a character type wasn't getting trait. It seems that using
    Characters family, diplomat, spy
    which is used in the vanilla game, does not actually work, ie. only the first character type on the list gets the Trait.
    Have tried that in various orders and only first listed one gets trait set at 100% chance on end turn..

I'm assuming that's yet another thing everyone else knew and I never noticed!

anyway is there any other way of writing that or triggers so you can give trait specifically to say assassins and spies without duplicating either trait or triggers so they get one each? My file is getting a bit long winded as it is without having to separate everything I want applied to more than one character but not all.....

EDIT: have tried the obvious and removed the commas but that doesn't change the problem - only first character type gets trait still
    Last edited by Makanyane; 09-01-2007 at 16:23.
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

Default Re: traits assigned to multiple character types

Strange, I never knew that. I doubt that there is a way to do it, then, you'll probably have to duplicate the trait.

EB Traitor Member BozosLiveHere's Avatar

It's a bug, Malrubius reported it a long time ago. You can only have one character type in the Characters line. If you want the same trait to affect multiple types of agents, use Characters all and not AgentType lines in the trigger(s).

Anything that isn't 'member' Member Squid's Avatar

The other option is to create a second trait that is a copy of the first (including all description and effects lines) with just the trait name and the characters line being different and have both traits fire when appropriate.

-Trait/Ancillary/Building Editor

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
    and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

Thanks chaps, the
    Characters all and not AgentType lines in the trigger(s).
    will do it, I was trying to work out if there was a way of having 'and is Diplomat or is Spy' in the trigger, but neg'ing out the ones I don't want would be the way to go. (for some reason my brain wasn't really working on this...)

Cheers
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the: