Thread: Doing Away With Cruel Leaders--Kingdoms

Default Doing Away With Cruel Leaders--Kingdoms

Dear All:

Good afternoon from Canada!! I hope this finds you and yours well. As for me, I could complain...yadda, yadda, yadda.

Playing as the Apache Nation, I find that my main Chief has got to go. The reason for this is the outright cruelty of the man. I feel there is no reason for this cruelty, ergo, I'm sending the dude on a trip to the Happy Hunting Grounds.

I guess you could call this a strategy/opinion question.

Live long and prosper, take care and thank you kindly!!!!

Sincerely yours always,

Indy.

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Default Re: Doing Away With Cruel Leaders--Kingdoms

Why should you? High-dread characters are great for battles.

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

Cruel and Cunning arises from outnumbering your enemy on the field and killing large numbers of them before they retreat. If you do a search on the trait you'll find the exact causes. It's hard to avoid, but IIRC once you start on the 'noble in battle' chivalry path it closes off the C&C path.

Well and since natives must rely on numbers then there will be dread lords only.

I played a long campaign as the Apaches and never saw a sign of chivalry in any of my leaders.

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

That's about accurate anyways. The Apache were ferocious in battle, as they had every right to be.

BLEEEE! Senior Member Daveybaby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icek
    Well and since natives must rely on numbers then there will be dread lords only.
    AFAIK It's not just about raw numbers of troops, its about the relative strength of the armies.

I have noticed the same thing. All my leaders have dread. Simply because I need to out number the enemy Europeans almost 2 to 1 to guarantee a victory.

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrpants
    I have noticed the same thing. All my leaders have dread. Simply because I need to out number the enemy Europeans almost 2 to 1 to guarantee a victory.
    not necessarily. at least, not in number of units. a full stack of french attacked my village and my first thought was that my villagers were all toast (mostly rabbit boys, apache braves and a few medicine men). nonetheless, they prevailed... french would send their units piecemeal and, since almost all of my units were of missile type, europeans would rout one by one... the village one in the end with about 1/5 of their original numbers standing.