Thread: Shields and Identification

Default Shields and Identification

Could anyone post a screenie of the shields of each faction and then ID them please? thanks (kingdoms)

Default Re: Shields and Identification

Generic native-american factions that no one except Americans who wish to play closer "to home" cares about...

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lillehammer

Generic native-american factions that no one except Americans who wish to play closer "to home" cares about...
    Don't be ignorant, dude. That's untrue on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillehammer

1- Tarascans
    2- Tlaxcalans
    3- Apachean Tribes
    4- Mayans
    5- Chichimec (sp?) Tribes

Actually, I found it to be quite enjoyable actually. It might not be your favourite campaign, but that does not warrant being rude to those who like it nor jumping to conclusions about who will play it. And in the end it is just game, not something to get angry about...
    Patience is the companion of wisdom.
    --St. Augustine

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy1991
    1- Tarascans
    2- Tlaxcalans
    3- Apachean Tribes
    4- Mayans
    5- Chichimec (sp?) Tribes
    There is a book called 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus, it mentions some of the tribes the game has, it's a good read.

I think it's funny how many Europeans think we Americans will really like the Americas campaign.

Firstly, practically none of us are of Native American or Spanish descent, so it really has nothing to do with us.

Secondly, as Americans, we're probably a bit better at spotting the sometimes laughable inaccuracies in the Americas campaign, much like the Japanese no doubt laugh at us when we make samurai movies. ^_^

And yeah, it was pretty shocking to be nice enough to post pictures of all of the shields, then be so rude about the Americas campaign.

Now, if you'll excuse me, this American, who is only second generation and who's grandparents are Welsh, is going to go continue my campaign as Wales!

I am really loving Kingdoms!

Practically no Americans are of spanish descent? Surely you lie. :-)
    Last edited by Riadach; 09-03-2007 at 20:16.

The Idle Inquisitor Member rebelscum's Avatar
    Hiding behind a bush ready to pounce, like a good Rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic
    Don't be ignorant, dude. That's untrue on so many levels.
    Yes my best pal 'Big Chief Shagging Possum' was greatly offended by your suggestion that only Americans will play those factions.

I hate my signature!

I was more pointing out how he seemed to suggest that Native Americans are so insignificant and lame (in real life) that only Americans would care about them. It really had nothing to do with the game.
    Last edited by Graphic; 09-03-2007 at 20:46.

And a european wanting to play as a european nation doesnt have any nationality in it?

Sheesh some of you europeans seriously prove modern stereotypes....

Arab nations arent playable?

Quote Originally Posted by Riadach
    Practically no Americans are of spanish descent? Surely you lie. :-)
    That would depend on if you regard anyone born in California or Texas as a Mexican, based on "manifest destiny" or not

I would guess the number of Americans actually descended from Spaniards from Spain is incredibly low.

The proper term for people who have Central and South American Spanish-speaking ancestors is Latino and Latina

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic
    I would guess the number of Americans actually descended from Spaniards from Spain is incredibly low.

The proper term for people who have Central and South American Spanish-speaking ancestors is Latino and Latina
    But wasn't the point that few americans identified with the americas campaign as none were descended from indians or spanish? Surely latinas and latinos, although have a strong mestizo element, are also descended from spanish people from spain?

Quote Originally Posted by Riadach
    But wasn't the point that few americans identified with the americas campaign as none were descended from indians or spanish? Surely latinas and latinos, although have a strong mestizo element, are also descended from spanish people from spain?
    I wasn't validating his point about American's interest in the game, in fact I disagree with him. If you want to include Amerindians (Latinos) with "Indian," then in fact he's dead wrong, as I'm sure many Latinos will be interested in playing the Aztecs and Mayans, who they identify with much more than Spain, due to being much more ethnically Amerindian than Spanish and usually revering their Amerindian ancestors much more than their Spanish ones, which is what I mean when I say Latinos aren't Spaniards.

Jeez that took forever to write, this whole thing tied my brain in a knot for some reason

Whee, I started a debate! ^_^

I didn't really mean to say that Americans wouldn't be at all interested in the Americas campaign, and maybe I overstated the lack of racial identification with the campaign.

I just meant that it's about as likely for an average American to feel culterally connected to that campaign as it is for them to feel a connection to playing the English, or Irish, or Welsh, or Scottish, or Germans, or Italians, or Spanish, or French, or Russians, or Arabs, or any number of factions. And I think it's funny that Europeans don't seem to realize this, and just think, "hey, that campaign has Native Americans in it, so those Americans will all love it!"

Slaying Pagans near you! Member TeutonicKnight's Avatar

I guess I'm the exception that proves the rule. After a dismal failure in the Teutonic Campaign, I'm now deep into an Apache game, and finding I'm liking the Americas far more than I thought I would. It's a blast.

Thunder Braves ftw. :)

Oh, and there's a reason that stereotypes exist, even if they are publicly acknowledged...