Thread: Beat the spit out of a cheater...

I was hosting a 5k 1v1 in Totomi and drew up my 5k army consisting of: 1h9 yari ashi, 2h8 yari ashis, 4h0 warrior monks, 1h3 yari cav, 2h2 musk, 1h2 musk and 2h2 arquebusiers. When I clicked begin battle i was met with ELEVEN honor 9 yari ashis and 5 honor 2 Yari ashis (12,094 koku according to my log file). Anyway the battle went like this:

I had my h9 YA taisho in the center, flanked by the 2 h0 WM on each side. The 2 h8 YA's were on each side of my monks, my yari cav unit was placed to the right rear. My three muskets were out front and my arquies were in front of each flank. When the battle started I think the cheatin' bastard just selected all his units and had them to charge my taisho, because within seconds there was a mob of pissed off battle-hardened peasants charging full tilt directly at my center. After getting off a few volleys of close range musket fire I retreated them to the rear and the blow was recieved by my h9 taisho and the two h0 monks on his immediate flanks. I immediately had the two uncomitted monks and two honor 8 ashis wheel in on both of his flanks in perfect order and charge his mob while the arquies began delivering devastating close range fire into his sides unharassed. Just as my center was about to break under the weight of his masses I delivered the final blow. My yari cavalry had made a circuit to the rear of his army unupposed and now ran it down like a thundercloud, thus completing the encirclement...the assholes army just melted away...The only regret I have from this battle is that the victory screen appeared too soon, I would love to have taken every last man's head in this fool's army.

It reminded me of Hannibals encirclement of the Romans at the battle of Cannae.

Anyway with all the posts about cheaters in here I figured I'd add my story.

Senior Member Senior Member ShaiHulud's Avatar

Huzzah! One for the good guys! lol interesting order of battle....5k?

------------------
    Wind fells blossoms, rain
    fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks
    O stranger, Go tell the Spartans that we lie here, obedient to their will.....

Shai, thanks for for receiving my post so warmly, and about that order of battle I almost always make the core of my army in a 5k battle an honor 9 ashi taisho and two honor 8 ashi's supplemented by low honor monks or no-dachi; they seem to complement each other well in that the samurai keep the morale of the ashis up and the ashi's rally routed samurai pretty well because of thier high honor (my theory anyway works for me). Honor 8 ashis also consistently beat monks up to honor 3 (sometimes Honor 4 -more expensive!) and will slaughter anything else on the battlefield. here is another 5k army i'm pretty damn fond of:

1h9 YA taisho
    2h8 YA:
    2H3 ND
    3H2 ND
    4H2 MUSK

No monks but lots of killing power in a small force (i know most players like to have sixteen units but i've got this thing for being outnumbered).

Senior Member Senior Member Obake's Avatar

This in no way detracts from your well executed plan jurozaemon (and congrats on the win) but how stupid was this idiot you played.

I mean come on, if you are so weak-minded as to rely on the koku cheat, then why not go with all monks to boot? Maybe the moron felt that by going with Ashi he would still be giving his opponent a fighting chance and thereby justify his usage of the cheat.

In my mind this just makes the fool even more pathetic!

Congratulations again on an exceptional win jurozaemon!

------------------
    Obake

I warned you, but did you listen? Ohh, no...it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it?
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

jurozaemon,

Great win! Most impressive beating someone who's army was so much more powerfull than yours. It shows how important flanking is. Nice move with the YC unit.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Nice man
    Well we couldn't do that man cause he had h9 monks and cav and though l managed to get 2wm and 1 no-dashi to flank it was useless cause we had h9 firing at us and the h9 monks really kicked ass but we were able to rout all his cav :/

------------------
    Don't use only honour, use theforce, too. http://darksideclan.fateback.com
    Enter the Darkside...

[This message has been edited by theforce (edited 04-24-2001).]
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness

Hello
    Nice win it shows that not all cheats prosper.
    Never seen 5k armies like ur's i would like to play u, it would be intresting!
    cya WarlordWarrior

------------------
    Have a nice day
    Die with Honour...
    Clan Warlord
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944