Thread: "Give_trait" and Victory titles.

Default "Give_trait" and Victory titles.

I've noticed that the 'give_trait' command will not recognise the names of family members who have recieved a victory title, eg. Africanvs, Britannicvs etc.

The command line was: give_trait "Firstmiddle Last" Imperator

The same command works for family members who do not have victory titles.

I tried this about 20 times so I know it was done correctly. All the letters/capitalisation where exact.

Reason I was trying to give Imperator was because my old general who had gotten "conqueror of carthago" was around Rome and I thought he deserved it with all the impressive battles he won without getting Imperator.

Default Re: "Give_trait" and Victory titles.

It was mentioned before that you have to know their original cognomens before you can give traits. If their cognomens (or whatever the plural is) have been changed into titles, you're pretty much lost. Though if they are biological sons and not adopted/bribed/married into the clan, you can check from their father or grandfather to know their cognomen. Yup.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Yep, it is "Firstmiddle Originallast". The cheats work off of the the internal name of the character (what the game sees) not the external name of the character (what you see).

In the new Roman naming system (previewed a while ago) all of the last names will be generated with the ethnicity traits. Meaning you won't know what their last names are, ever. Making cheating impossible for the Romani. Though, I think they only have one internal last name now.

thanks for the info