Poll: Which VI faction is your favorite?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite faction in Viking Invasion?

Default Re: Favorite faction in Viking Invasion?

It's pretty easy to get Valour 2 Horsemen if you're Welsh or Saxon.

There's a province down South which has a +1, and remember that the building upgrades themselves give valour.

Valour 2 Horsemen can successfully take on most non-spear infantry with a frontal charge.

Huscarles, though, will turn them into fertilizer...

Believer of Murphy's Law Member Sensei Warrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roark
    There's a province down South which has a +1, and remember that the building upgrades themselves give valour.
    If memory serves, the Provence is Defnas. It starts out as being owned by the Saxons, but it borders Welsh lands, so it usually gets taken quick if the Welsh make for a Saxon land grab
    Last edited by Sensei Warrior; 10-05-2007 at 06:31.
    Every weapon has evolved from the same basic design, either a rock or a sharp pointy stick.

Valor 2 horsemen are about as good as mounted nobles, cheaper, and easier to tech up to. So they are a good alternative if you belong to one of the factions that get +2 valor horsemen for having a horse breeder.

If you build your horsebreeder in Defnas for an additional +1, then your mighty +3 horsemen can actually take down a unit of valor 0 huscarls in fair fight. They can also do a lot of damage to a Jom Viking unit. Your horseboys won't beat the Joms, but it would be worth getting them carved up to eliminate half a Jom unit.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

A Confused Asian Member Ayachuco's Avatar
    In the No Man's Land between Homelessness and abject Poverty

Alright! The WELSH are out in front w/ 7 votes. We finally pushed those other peoples out of Britain. This deserves a celebration.

Valour 3 mounted nobles??? Wow, I've got to try that next time I play VI. Half of a JOMS vik unit. Man, the only prblm is that the Vikings never seem to use them in my campaigns. But they do use a lot of huscarles/landsmen, I can finally use calvary in my armies again.
    Through the ages every weapon has evolved from two basic design philosophies, either a rock or a sharp pointy stick.

"We're not Communists, we're not pinko... we can't be, 'cause you pay to come and see us and we sell t-shirts at our gigs". Cedric Bixler-Zavala of At the Drive-In
    “I grew an afro. Not only did it make me cool, but it did wonders for my career. Oh, and I can get chicks now, too.” Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

8 votes now!!

we've pulled this vikings out of our lands!!
    "As long as there are man, there will be wars"

Veni, Vidi, Vici - Caius Julius Caesar

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123