Thread: ORG Rocks!

hey peeps

i was just thinking of a chat topic for general discussion (painful as it was) when i realised, generally, that the Org rocks! keep up the good work ppl, it's a damn good site and my personal numero uno for everything STW related. Not only do u offer an excellent insight into the STW community, but everyone's involved, not just sitting behind their corporate desk waiting for the web counter to jump up. you're all an inspiration to me and no doubt countless others. as i sed, keep it up!

and thx to tera and anyone else involved for gettin my link up in like under 12 hours, i'm well impressed!

laters all

------------------
    TIGER LILY!!!
    check it out for yourself at: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tom.surman/frames.html
    TIGER LILY!!!
    check it out for yourself at: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tom.surman/frames.html

Oh thanks Lei your words are greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all our staff for their superb work!

------------------
    Honour to Clan No Fear.

Visit my resource centre at: http://terazawa.totalwar.org

As a newcomer to the Dojo, I'd just like to second what Lei said. I looked over a lot of STW-related sites and forums before deciding to post on this one. This is by far the most informative, and the general tone seems to be very friendly.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

[This message has been edited by Karhu (edited 04-24-2001).]
    The general claimed the troops owed their victory to him, but in truth they knew it was their gift to the general.

Yes keep up the good work..and the archives. So much valuable information and good pointers (tactics and strategy) and many things not addressed in the manual.

Lei:
    Nice site yourself! I enjoyed the story of Tiger Lily (yes, read the whole thing),but couldn't shake the feeling that there was something(s) familiar about the plot! But, that was another time and another place far, far, away.
    I always have found it interesting that different nations/cultures have similar legends and heros that were meant to set them apart.
    The only thing you have to regret are the chances not taken.
    Expect the unexpected and take in air.

Senior Member Senior Member ShaiHulud's Avatar

Org rocks? Are those anything like Pet Rocks?

Btw, I've got one of those for sale. Prior owner was a glacier that never drove it above 3 inches a year. A steal!

(Hmmm.. reminds of a song by Starship.. you know... "We built this 'witty' with rock and droll")

------------------
    Wind fells blossoms, rain
    fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks

[This message has been edited by ShaiHulud (edited 04-25-2001).]
    O stranger, Go tell the Spartans that we lie here, obedient to their will.....

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

Slap Shai
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

yes we have a great team here on the .Org

it's one of the reasons I continue to come back despite the fact that I have played the game so many times it's less a matter of gameplay than just to test it's limits.

I'm making a FAQ on playing Ronin, for inclusion in the strategy archives, so look for it soon.

hehehe thnx captmac

i know i thought that myself after reading through it before posting it. i had truly run out of inspiration by that point (i was gonna call the emperor 'raydn' like god of thunder, but that woulda been a whole different rip off ). i wrote the whole thing in one big go, without really thinking about what i was writing, totally unplanned cos i'd never thought about the whole story before, i just used to draw one off comics about some part of lei's life

there's a whole bunch of sagas left out of that big story that i've drawn and thought of, but i really can't be bothered to add em

i'm thinking about adding cool stuff all the time to my site, so keep checking back cos there's bound to be something new up

and shai? **SLAP**
    hehehe

------------------
    TIGER LILY!!!
    TIGER LILY!!!

Senior Member Senior Member ShaiHulud's Avatar

I feel we're in an abusive relationship here. Will you go with me for counseling? (slap) Ouch! Ok, forget about it....

------------------
    Wind fells blossoms, rain
    fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks
    O stranger, Go tell the Spartans that we lie here, obedient to their will.....

Thank you, Lei-san, even though I am under no illusion that you were referring to me or anything to do with me.

The .Org is definitely a top site, by the mainpage alone. It has demanded a lot of hard work from dan-sama, more lately Terazawa-sama and also Kurando-sama, Ironlung-sama and whoever else was there in the early days... Kudos to them.

But our beloved Sword Dojo is another thing entirely. Here, the external work done by the administration is but a thin shell. All the true "content" of the Dojo is a direct result of the participation of the patrons, their willingness to share their information and superb ability to discuss matters in an intelligent fashion. We are, ultimately, a forum ruled by the patrons, and it is you, yourselves, who have made this forum as readable and enjoyable as it now is. Be proud. You are the true Samurai Heroes. (You too Shai-san; they do it because they love you. )

Of course, I must use this opportunity to extend heartfelt thanks to our moderating staff, past and especially present: most moderators are only interested in keeping a leash on the patrons, but ours handle what moderation duties need to be performed, know how to cultivate good discussions, and even have the time to lend their informed opinions to threads requiring it. You are both exceptional moderators and excellent patrons. In the words of any great poet, "thx m8s."

------------------
    "2. Yu: bravery tinged with heroism."

[This message has been edited by Anssi Hakkinen (edited 04-25-2001).]
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

Ta

------------------
    It's not a bug, it's a feature
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

Senior Member Senior Member LordTed's Avatar

indeed a lot better than the official site in my opinion. probably everyones elses opinion too

------------------
    I will beat ya on green and totomi but i am afraid of heights so no hill campers plz

[This message has been edited by LordTed (edited 04-25-2001).]

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

I'm touched, Anssi! Thanks very much for your kind words. However, let me take this time to thank Anssi for his excellent admin work. You are always helpful, Anssi and always have something interesting to say. Cheers for Anssi!

Second, let me also compliment the patrons for posting such interesting topics and for caring enough not to spam or flame.
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

I totally agree the ORG is very good, The strategy forums I like best. Keep up the good work.

anssi
    do you realize that you could land an EXTREMELY good job with Cuban, or Chinese government ?

------------------

go Maple Leafs !!!

THE ORG SUCKS!

No wait...what was the name of this topic again? oh yeah, THE ORG ROCKS!

Shoot, I was SO close on that one too! lol!

BTW...you .org admin guys can feel free to give me my special little picture and name at ANY time, no complaints from this side of the picture.....or something like that?

------------------
    Honour And Pride
    --Bodhiharma Daidoji
    Honour And Pride
    --Bodhiharma Daidoji

Remeber the proverb:

"He who correctly criticises me is my teacher. He who correctly praises me is my friend. He who flatters me is my enemy."

JayDee, have you ever made a serious post?

------------------
    "2. Yu: bravery tinged with heroism."
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

LOL!

You suck!...but you're a nice guy, would you like to be my buddy?

WOOHOO! I'm NOT YOUR ENEMY ANYMORE! YES! I ROXOR!

Oh and HEY! You leave Jaydee outta this, he's from the daidoji family, and if you mess with him, you mess with me. We will crush you like the impotent ant you are!...wait...ant's are smart...stealthy...quick...extremely strong...agile....shoot, the list goes on.

How come everything seems to backfire on me? *cries* I'm going home now!

------------------
    Honour And Pride
    --Bodhiharma Daidoji
    Honour And Pride
    --Bodhiharma Daidoji

Yes the Org is probably the best of the STW sites, but there are some sites that are coming along quite well. Yama's Rules and the Ruled Leauge have quite a good page.

Do you have an URL for that, Dunhill? I don't see it among the links.

Cheers.

------------------
    The general claimed the troops owed their victory to him, but in truth they knew it was their gift to the general
    The general claimed the troops owed their victory to him, but in truth they knew it was their gift to the general.

Whoops, just found it the second time I looked. You're right, it is a nice site.

------------------
    The general claimed the troops owed their victory to him, but in truth they knew it was their gift to the general