Thread: Bulgarian Empire should be added.

Default Bulgarian Empire should be added.

The Bulgarian Empire was under byzantine rule at the beggining of the mod,but later they had a revolution and the posed a major threat to the Latin Empire, taking many lands from the Latin Empire. I think they should be in the game.

Default Re: Bulgarian Empire should be added.

Since the Bulgars where under the Byzantines they didnt have an empire. To have an empire, you need to rule over your own and other nations. They didnt rule either. And when they were free from Byzantine occupation, they had to conquer and rule a multinational state to be considered an empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandouras
    Since the Bulgars where under the Byzantines they didnt have an empire. To have an empire, you need to rule over your own and other nations. They didnt rule either. And when they were free from Byzantine occupation, they had to conquer and rule a multinational state to be considered an empire.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Bulgarian_Empire

Just see this

Megas Domestikos Member AnthoniusII's Avatar

[QUOTE=Sandouras]Since the Bulgars where under the Byzantines they didnt have an empire. To have an empire, you need to rule over your own and other nations. They didnt rule either. And when they were free from Byzantine occupation, they had to conquer and rule a multinational state to be considered an empire.[/QUOTE
    As I wrote many times months ago there was no bulgaria in 1071...after the apsolut win of Basilleios II Boulgarictonos...Bulgars revolt again in 1185...So they must exist as an emerging faction in that time or as an event rebelion!!!

Never mind. This mod is death anyway.
    We made our mod already.

Quote Originally Posted by alien_t
    Never mind. This mod is death anyway.
    We made our mod already.
    Playing is a matter,having historical accurasy is an other...
    If you want a mod for "ethnic" proud then make one of your own...If you want a realistic one then we ALL must follow the generic path of history we like it or not...I can not participate in a mod with no ottoman empire if it starts after 1453 just becouse I am greek!!!!

I think that The Bulgarian Empire should be an emerging faction,since it was free from the byzantine empire later in the game.

yeah, well that's just... like... your opinion man...

Member Member D. Afonso Henriques's Avatar

Really liked your post Sandouras, really funy, I mean it!
    Anyways, as long as there is room for another faction I don't see any problem with adding the Bulgarians as a faction. Even though they weren't around that mutch time, no offence man. But the problem is that the faction are already decided and there is no more room for any new, sorry but that's the ugly thruth.
    Nice idea though, it whould actually be interesting having such a challenge (for a change).

Yes indeed. It would have been great if the game had all the countries/empires/nations of the middle ages. The Bulgars could emerge like the Mongols, but unfortunately all the slots are taken and it is impossible to make factions appear like the mongols (i think).

A bulgarian rebelion(bulgarian rebels)in 1185ad could be interesting(as an event!)...If we can't have civil wars we could have rebelions as hisroricaly events(to make the mod as realistic as it can be)...
    By the way my friend Sadournas how your eforts going!!!!I'll in touch soon again!!!Greatings my friend!!!
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; 12-03-2007 at 21:15.

Well i have given up, since MTR II isnt coming. Besides, i cant mod! So i just transfered the kingdoms' units in the normal game, installed an AI patch and started with the British. Getting bored.....fast.... Total War needs a new formula for the next game.
    How are you doing? Any conquering?

Member Member D. Afonso Henriques's Avatar

Maybe you should learn to mod, at least the basics. That way you could join up allready existing mods.
    You should try a mod called Road to Jerusalem 3.0, it as really good changes and you can use it to gather up other mods that you lie more.

I thaugh that MTR was revined!!!
    Any way exept of some "expected" mods I think that TLR is one of the best!!! You must be a great leader to win in this mod!!!Any way it's only my opinion!! Can't you see me?I was tiered to wait this mod a year ago and became a reshearher to the mods you see in my singnature!!!To pitty!!!I hoped this mod to success!!!It had some of the best as dev team but they suddenly disapeared