Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: EB v1.0 Released

Default Re: EB v1.0 Released

Replace some of the files in EB\Data\Sounds\music with something more to your liking.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I would like to ask a question.
    EB 1.0 was released as a full installation rather than a patch for 0.81 version.
    Will the next version( EB 1.1) be released in the same way or will it be a patch to 1.0 ???

It is important for me because my web traffic is rather expensive:(
    In Vino Veritas!

The Galatian, AtB Member Member Admetos's Avatar

I think there'll be a full installer for people who haven't got 1.0, and a patch for those who have. Don't take my word for it though seeing as I'm not on the team.

Support Asia ton Barbaron, the Eastern Mod for EB, on The Guild and TWC.
    Former barman at the EB Tavern.
    My balloons:

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

v1.0 had to be a full installer. v0.8x installed things that were no longer needed for v1.0 and actually caused it not to work. It was impossible to patch from v0.8x to v1.0.

But as for v1.1, from what I have heard, there will be both a full installer and a patch.

Thanks, MAA!!It is good to hear that.))
    In Vino Veritas!

Thank you so much EB team! For all your effort and time and knowledge and skill and ....

Seriously though, this is probably the best modification ive ever played. It might actually even top Total Realism, ive been playing that for ages.

A BIG THANKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Denali
    Thank you so much EB team! For all your effort and time and knowledge and skill and ....

Seriously though, this is probably the best modification ive ever played. It might actually even top Total Realism, ive been playing that for ages.

A BIG THANKS!!
    You are welcome.

Rome Total Realism is about to release TIC which I personally am going to play as soon as I can. I, for one enjoy their work and I know that they are also enjoying EB as well.

Both mods have their own path, both their own constraints.
    Anyone can pick and choose each from both, but Noone should disrespect either.
    Most however will download and play and enjoy both.

You like EB? Buy CA games.

Quote Originally Posted by keravnos
    You are welcome.

Rome Total Realism is about to release TIC which I personally am going to play as soon as I can. I, for one enjoy their work and I know that they are also enjoying EB as well.

Both mods have their own path, both their own constraints.
    Anyone can pick and choose each from both, but Noone should disrespect either.
    Most however will download and play and enjoy both.
    indeed!
    Merry Christmas folks!

Thank you for a great mod! I know I’ll be playing this for years to come.
    "Such open-handedness must have war and plunder to feed it. You will find it harder to persuade a German to plough the land and to await its annual produce with patience than to challenge a foe and earn the prize of wounds. He thinks it spiritless and slack to gain by sweat what he can buy with blood."

Tacitus' - Germania

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Salad
    Thank you for a great mod! I know I’ll be playing this for years to come.
    This is the beauty of EB1. That you can play it for years to come.

You like EB? Buy CA games.

aka Artaserse (the Lone Borg) Member Obelics's Avatar

Ive downloaded this new EB version last week (before i hadn't connection for a while so i was on 0.81), still discovering all the new things....

I had tried 0.8 for a brief time in the past (then I was "interrupted", else I would have played it a lot more); but now I have 1.0 and it's the best Total War ecperience I ever had!

The least I can do is to thank the EB team for their excellent work! Thanks!
    (from keravnos, for correctly recognizing the shield design of the Indohellenikoi Eugeneis Hoplitai as a hippocampus)

Smile Re: EB v1.0 Released

Okay, this is my first post, I'm new here and I'll probably make some mistakes, but I just wanted to give all the Europa Barbarorum members a big thank-you for all the time and skill they've contributed over the last few years. I've been lurking around the forums for the past few months and you guys have managed to create the best game to hit the computer world since Medieval(and if it weren't for the hard-coded parts of RTW, you could have topped that one, I'm sure). I had a friend download 1.0 for me over his high-speed connection a few weeks ago and the RTW CD hasn't left my drive since. Just yesterday I took another look back at vanilla and nearly cried. It looks like a Stone-age beta compared to what you've come up with. Well, I'm running off at the mouth here, but I wanted you all to know just how appreciated this game is. Creative Assembly should really hire you guys.
    “He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.”-Proverbs 16:32

Read my Aedui AAR-"Across the Waters: A Story of the Migration"
    And the sequel "Sword of Albion"

The point is with a professional studio hiring them is the presence of a deadline. In that deadline, some things will have to be set aside, that's what makes EB that awesome.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Nomad horse archer Member Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theodotos I
    Okay, this is my first post, I'm new here and I'll probably make some mistakes, but I just wanted to give all the Europa Barbarorum members a big thank-you for all the time and skill they've contributed over the last few years. I've been lurking around the forums for the past few months and you guys have managed to create the best game to hit the computer world since Medieval(and if it weren't for the hard-coded parts of RTW, you could have topped that one, I'm sure). I had a friend download 1.0 for me over his high-speed connection a few weeks ago and the RTW CD hasn't left my drive since. Just yesterday I took another look back at vanilla and nearly cried. It looks like a Stone-age beta compared to what you've come up with. Well, I'm running off at the mouth here, but I wanted you all to know just how appreciated this game is. Creative Assembly should really hire you guys.
    This is very close to what I was going to say. I knew about this mod long time ago, but always postponed downloading it....
    Huge mistake! Should have done it earlier. All the time I was sceptic about those who said that it is the best mod for RTW. Now I know what they meant. Great job!

Just started the campaign with Baktria, to get familiar with the map and factions. After that I am going to take some really challenging faction. Although, even this campaign is fine: I hoped for a quick expansion using surprise attacks, but wasn't prepared for the hordes of horse-archers, who beated me back. Great fun!

Actually, I hope that among all those mighty nations there is finally one, which is capable of granting me glorious defeat! (I have never lost a campaign in any of Total war series games or mods )

Making a heroic last stand in my last settlement would be awesome!

Good luck with further releases!

"War is not so much a matter of weapons as of money"
    Thucydides

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian
    Actually, I hope that among all those mighty nations there is finally one, which is capable of granting me glorious defeat! (I have never lost a campaign in any of Total war series games or mods )

Making a heroic last stand in my last settlement would be awesome!

Good luck with further releases!
    Pick Saba and go to war versus the Ptolemies and AS... you'll be making some last stands that's guaranteed...

agitated Member master of the puppets's Avatar
    where destruction lay around me from a fight i could not win

Talking Re: EB v1.0 Released

Ok, i need help

I've just installed RTW, it works fine. But it's version 1.0, so i set out to get the 1.3 and 1.5 patches but every time i Dl the stupid thing it goes to Winzip which i don't have and don't want to buy. Any good way around this. I DL'd barborum easy enough by one of the links on this thread but why is just RTW givin me such a hard time.
    A nation of sheep will beget a a government of wolves. Edward R. Murrow

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. —1 John 2:9

Download WinRAR (which you can get a trial version of [then just click I'll buy later every time it asks after the trial time is over]) or 7-Zip to extract compressed files.

Cheers EB. Now, what to do for the next few hours?

A tad of work to try get an A-Level!! If only everyone were so work conscious!!

Edit: Oh, I see in another post that you're downloading it now. I presumed you had got it long ago since you've been posting here for a while already.
    Last edited by bovi; 02-06-2008 at 20:03.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

Hey guys, been following this for a while, and saw that it was finally released :D:D:D:D

Just wondering......Is the one on page one of this thread the mod I should DL, right now? or is there something else i should know about?

Thanks guys, LOOKS AMAZING
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

This is the current version (on page 1). Though, don't forget to download and install the permenant fixes.

Perhaps Krusader or a moderator could make a link to the fixes and installation validation in the announcement (thanks Craziii for the idea, which I'm amazed I didn't think of earlier)?

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    Perhaps Krusader or a moderator could make a link to the fixes and installation validation in the announcement (thanks Craziii for the idea, which I'm amazed I didn't think of earlier)?
    I actually added a link to the fixes in the first post a month ago or so.

Oh. Gah.

================
    ================

Unhappy Re: EB v1.0 Released

Can Any1 help me i downloaded N installed Europa Barbarorum on my computer but every time i try 2 play it it goes 2 the loading screen then turns off what should i do. = (

Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmperor
    Can Any1 help me i downloaded N installed Europa Barbarorum on my computer but every time i try 2 play it it goes 2 the loading screen then turns off what should i do. = (
    Check the stickied threads in the bug report subforum. If you can't figure out what to do after that, make a new thread in the bug report subforum.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789