Thread: 2 small bugs I have noticed in 1.0

Default 2 small bugs I have noticed in 1.0

The first is quite trivial, but has been mentioned long ago, so should have been fixed: The text for the roman military administration still has the phrase "Roma victor!" instead of "Roma Victrix!".

The second is a trait thing: the screenshot I took fails to display for me, but I was offered an adoption candidate that was at once Plebeivs and belonged to a gens I cannot recall whose description indicated that they were hated by the plebeians for the arrogance and aloofness.

Default Re: 2 small bugs I have noticed in 1.0

Those don't really seem like bugs. Maybe the guy was just a Pleb hated by other Plebs. It's possible. Unless it's actually some kind of trigger error in the traits or something that EB can confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kongeslask
    The second is a trait thing: the screenshot I took fails to display for me, but I was offered an adoption candidate that was at once Plebeivs and belonged to a gens I cannot recall whose description indicated that they were hated by the plebeians for the arrogance and aloofness.
    This was probably a member of Gens Clavdia:

The Clavdians were reviled by the Plebs for their arrogance and hauteur, hatred of the commoner, and disdain for laws in order to achieve their goals.
    The description is intended to convey the outlook, attitudes, and distinguishing characteristics of the gens as a whole, not necessarily those every family or member. The description is undoubtedly true, particulary of the family of Appivs Clavdivs the decemvir. However, Gens Clavdia had both patrician and plebeian branches, so one would not expect this attitude in its plebeian members. You'll also find that the characteristic traits of the Clavdii do not include disdain for plebeians.
    Last edited by Atilius; 10-12-2007 at 04:46.
    The truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it. - Mark Twain

It's also possible he had the 'adopted by gens x' trait too, where he started as one thing and then is adopted by another gens.

There was definietly no adoption trait. Your Romani experts surely knows a lot more about the relations between the gentes, but that particular description made it seem like the Clavdii (hope that is the correct plural) were composed solely of patricians. Perhaps a clarifying change in the description is in order, something to the effect of the patrician families of the gens having mutual animosity with the plebeians.