Thread: Some things I noticed in my Baktria campaign

Default Some things I noticed in my Baktria campaign

I had much less time to play 1.0 at the weekend than I wanted to, but I still managed to start a baktrian campaign. Everything looks great, new units, new buildings, new map...great work, guys!
    Here are just some things I noticed:
    - Alexandreia-Eschate has still (like in 0.8) a seleucid temple which cannot be upgraded by the Baktrians.
    - I just conquered Antiocheia-Margiane and I can recruit Klerouchoi Phalangitai through the seleucid regional MIC.
    - The market in Baktra is western greek.
    - The AS is considerably weaker than in 0.8, they attacked me in 262 BC (in 0.8 it was more like 271), they have only small contingents of levies and have not expanded at all. This is kind of nice, because I prefer to expand slowly, but they aren't really putting up any resistance either.
    - The Eleutheroi are much stronger, so the start is much more challenging now. I usually took Kophen in the second turn...not this time :-).
    - The new client ruler / recruitable generals feature is really cool, and I will definitely build more lvl4 govs now. I was just wondering why the AS has client rulers in their lvl4 cities while Baktria has not. Old Patrokles got the interloper trait, so Baktra is the only city that can be gouverned for quite a while, until I have build lvl1 govs in Marakanda and Alexandreia-Eschate.

Apart from that, I had a look over the map with perfect_spy and I spotted some british Druids in Singidunum, they were probably supposed to be Scordiscii elites.

I'll try to give more feedback, but I will need a while to look at all the stuff.
    One question though, how / when does Baktria get these awesome new bodyguards? Are they tied to a certain date?

Default Re: Some things I noticed in my Baktria campaign

Well new bodyguards are tied to the Vanilla Marian reforms. That's hardcoded; but the feature is too good not to use it.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Ah, I thought so :-). Thanks!

Hm, now I've conquered Alexandria-Ariane and can also recruit Klerouchoi Phalangitai through the regional MIC there. That seems wrong, shouldn't they be in my factional MIC?
    Last edited by burn_again; 10-15-2007 at 23:32.

- The Eleutheroi are much stronger, so the start is much more challenging now. I usually took Kophen in the second turn...not this time :-).
    From what I heard, the Eleutheroi is only stronger in the general area in which the human player starts. In your case, playing as Baktria, the AI in the sorrounding cities have much bigger armies.

You could demolish the TypeIV goverments then rebuild them.

Well I like the stronger Eleutheroi. They even build much more.
    The Klerouchoi thing seems to happen with all the foreign MICs, same thing in Prophthasia.

Is the map a bit larger than before? Perhaps its just the new hills and rivers, but the map appears larger somehow. I also got an earthquake, looked really weird on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by johhny-turbo
    You could demolish the TypeIV goverments then rebuild them.
    Yeah right, but I prefered having lvl1 govs in these towns as fast as possible and didn't want to wait till the client kings are dead...