Thread: Mod folder for Kingdoms

Default Mod folder for Kingdoms

Has anyone worked out how to do this yet? I've only worked out a cruder version, where whoever wants to run the mod makes a copy of campaign folder then installs mod into said folder. Has anyone got anything better?

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Default Re: Mod folder for Kingdoms

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Orentius
    Has anyone worked out how to do this yet? I've only worked out a cruder version, where whoever wants to run the mod makes a copy of campaign folder then installs mod into said folder. Has anyone got anything better?
    I think it should work the same as in M2TW. Caliban told me that the campaigns actually run inside mod folders so what is your exact problem?
    You have to include the map in any mod folder if that is what you mean.

Yes, but I want my modfolder to only have the modified content, and not the whole lot, so it reads most of it's data from a certain other mod folder.

Yes, but I want my modfolder to only have the modified content, and not the whole lot, so it reads most of it's data from a certain other mod folder.
    You can't make it read data from another mod folder, the only fallback available is the vanilla pack data.

Ok, what a pain. So it's just the 'copy campaign folder' workaround then. Thanks.

Ok, what a pain. So it's just the 'copy campaign folder' workaround then. Thanks.
    You don't quite need all of it. If you don't need a tutorial or custom battles, the base and imperial_campaign folder will suffice.
    You also need data/text/imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt

Why copy the whole campaign folder? Just copy the actual data/campaign/, data/text, and you're good to go. Basically go through the Kingdoms mods, the folders that exist in those directories are the ones you need to have.