Thread: GA not scoring correctly...

GA mode is a really, really cool addition. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to be working correctly.

I’m playing as Denmark. The Danes have almost no home provinces, but they get big points for conquering. I’ve maxed out my conquer points. But whenever a scoring period roles around, it says “congratulations, you’ve scored 5 points!” (lately that changed to 8) What happened to the 32 points I’m supposed to get for conquered territories?

This sucks, because even though I’ve done everything I can to get points, I’m still dropping behind the Byzantines. (who control 9 points between conquer and homeland) Every scoring period I fall farther and farther behind, and short of wiping out the Byzantines, there’s nothing I can do about it. Though at this rate, I’m not sure I’ll be able to fill my bar before time runs out anyway.

I really like the idea of GA mode, but it needs to be cleaned up. When I played as the Turks, I got no message when achieving the “Jihad for Asia” goals, which made things very confusing. (even if they did score correctly, which I’m not sure about) They just disappeared when I conquered the territories, even though I was taking them from the Egyptians, not a Crusader enemy. More notification about goal completion and accurate scoring are needed to really make GA shine...

That complaint out, I wish to note that it is 3:30 in the morning, I have to get up at 8, and it's all Medievals fault. Damn, but this is one fine game.

I noticed this too. Never got much more then 5 to 8 points for anything. It makes it almost impossible to win. Since you have to beat the other AI players in Points.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Yeah, I guess Ive noticed that too- just never thought about it until you mentioned it. I should be getting full points for conquest, but I only ever seem to get points for homelands.
    As a result Ive just taken to smacking down the factions that are ahead of me in points. Once I kill their leadership off and the faction folds they lose all their points
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

GA whats GA?

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

I've been getting good points for GA (Glorious Achievement), but never seem to be winning by much, even with a massively expanded territory and all other goals met. The AI somehow seems to be only 3 or 4 points behind simply by keeping its borders, which seems a bit skewed: I should be winning by a greater margin.

This is a real headache when playing GA with a faction that depends on those conquest points to win- the Danes for example.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Yep the Danes seem screwed because of this. It would be nice if CA could take a look and tell us whats up with it.

Bump.

Any devs get a look at this?
    -Abraham Lincoln

If this can be made to work right, it can truly provide balance between the factions. The 'Easy' and 'Fairly Easy' factions can just be given harder goals to accomplish or less points for accomplishing what the small fries do.

Overall, I think its a very good idea and could make the game much more competitive for all factions, but the actually balancing of all of the scoring is going to be extremely difficult.

I hope they get it sorted out for the patch or an upcoming patch.

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

*bump* someone official needs to take a look at this I think.
    Hunter_Bachus

Bump.

Let us know when someone important sees this- as it seems to be a real problem.
    -Abraham Lincoln

I agree. I lost as the danes even though I had all The GA. Now take it some are only counted once. But still I never got points for conquest and I had that filled.

I have a problem as the Egyptians of the 'Jihad for Asia' GA vanishing. If I take Edessa (the goal of that GA) by normal means, the GA disappears, you don't get a success or fail message.

If you take it back by Jihad (Turks reappeared), the same thing happens.

I don't think I ever got the points for it. It'd also be nice to know if you actually have to use a Jihad to take Edessa, or if you can just do a vanilla invasion.

Thread noted.

Gil ~ CA
    Gil ~ CA

This Panda