Thread: Current Affairs and Status

Default Current Affairs and Status

Hi,
    This is Vuk, (EX)skinner (at least for a while) of the Inca Total War mod. I am posting since we have been silent for a long time, and I thought it rude not to inform those who have been following the mod of our current status and affairs.

For a long while we were at a still, with no real progress being made. The reason was a mix of complicated personal affairs (which is what is currently keeping me from skinning), and lack of resources. As life has been ironing itself out, we have found the time and resources and have rallied back together. Work is now going at full tilt...that is, except for a skinner. Do to personal affairs, I have been and am unable to continue skinning for the mod (at least for a long time), but I still am doing all I can to see the mod released.

Right now the team is working on somthing special. We are also pulling the mod together, implementing all the units, factions, scripts, artwork, etc. What we really need now is a skinner. Though all 191 unique (and darn kewl not to say to much ) have been modelled, we are still searching for a skinner.

If you think you could skin for this mod, please post in the "Join Us" thread. This is an excellent opportunitty to work for a completely unique mod that is a landmark in RTW modding. If you have the skills, or think that you could, please post in the "Join Us" thread.

I hope that this will help you better understand what is happening right now.

Vuk
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Thumbs up Re: Current Affairs and Status

Your wife threw your computer through the window and demanded some "me" time

Cant wait for the mod!

Savaran Commander Member Hound of Ulster's Avatar

Default Re: Current Affairs and Status

don't rush it. we can all wait a few months longer.
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Ar nDuctas' O'Dougherty clan motto

'In Peace, sons bury thier fathers; In War, fathers bury thier sons' Thucydides

'Forth Eorlingas!' motto of the Riders of Rohan

'dammit, In for a Penny, In for a Pound!' the Duke of Wellington

ok i decided i should start posting some things we do over the INCA TW so you guys can have an update. Recently we have been modelling some buildings. This is the Maya great ballcourt, not skinned actually but it should give you an idea of the model. More to come soon, skinned i hope if we find a skilled skinner (or two, we wont say no to two)

and another view

Looking great!

We seem to be creatures of habit on the ITW team since we tend to frequent the TWC more than the Org these days. But for anyone who has any interest in our mod and has begun to believe thatit has died out since we rarely post here. Rest assured, nothing could be further from the truth.

In the last month we have made amazing strides in moving the mod to a beta release.

Since we haven't updated here in a while let me give you the status.

Originally we intended to release only the full Inca:TW mod which included something in the order of 12+ factions over a 100 provinces and almost 100 new unit models. As well as all the reserch involved in bringing you the most historically accurate mod we could for the time period when the Aztec and Inca were the Imperial powers in the Pre_Columbian Americas.

But that would have taken us at least another year to even begin building the mod.

So, we decided to scale down and release the Mod in three stages (which may actually only be two). The first of which we're calling, 'The Flower Wars'.

The Flower Wars or 'xochiyaoyotl' in the Aztec nahuatl language, was a series of organized battles fought between the Aztec Triple Alliance and the Tlaxcala, mostly to ensure that both sides could have a steady flow of captives for sacrifices and to maintane a peace between the two regional super powers.

Although, historically, the Aztecs had the better end of the deal and the Flower Wars were usually fought in their favor. Leading the Tlaxcala to quickly join Cortez in hopes of destroying the Aztec. Because of the, the Tlaxcala had special place in Spanish colonial society where they were the only indigenious people who could still own land and carry weapons after the conquest.

Ok, that's enough for the history lesson (couldn't help myself)

What does the Flower Wars mean for the mod?

It means that for this stage we will only be including Mezo America from modern day central Mexico down to southern Guatemala. The Factions are:

Aztec Triple Alliance
    Tepanec
    Tlaxcala
    Mixtec_Zapotec
    Maya
    Rebels

We will have 55 Provinces and over 60 new units as well as all new buildings and settlement plans. There will also be branched building trees so you can choose how you want to organize your army.

We are designing a new trait system.

So far we have designed campaigns specific for the Aztec and Mayan factions.

At the moment, we are placing all the pieces into the mod and are at a testing stage while we edit the settlement plans and skin our models.

I will post some screen shots soon so you can see some of our progress.
    Last edited by Ramashan; 04-14-2008 at 18:26.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Those building models are looking good, and it would be nice to have some screenies

Sorry we haven't updated here much, out of sight out of mind so to speak. I'll try to check in and post more often.

We are still hard at work on the mod. Recently we've made a lot of head way in building and settlement changes.

Here's some examples of the settlement stuff we're working on:

If you look in the back ground you can see my first attempt at creating a causeway for Tenochtitlan. I had to learn how to make custom plan_levels, settlement plans, and custom tiles. Its been a lot of fun.

As far a buildings, Meliritos has been very busy building and skinning. And seeing as we are replacing every building in the mod (or at least that's the plan). Here's some examples:

What we call The Cane Workshop

And Heavy Infantry Barracks

More to come

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

I'm a skinner for D:tw. me team is on hiatus looking for a modeller. can we trade? (your modeller for 3 skinners)
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

so thats my price? hmm it isnt bad hehehe.send me a PM and tell me what you need and what you can give

Here's a little preview of some of the city work we've been doing.

Nice and tranquil huh? You can almost hear the birds singing and sounds of the jungle in the background eh?

Son of a Camel Member anelious phyros's Avatar

Brillant! Nice job,
    When will your first v. come out? I'm dying!

We still have a lot of busy work to do before we'll have our first release ready, such as coding the EDU, designing all the settlement plans, building all the building models, skinning all the units, redesigning the jungle climate type, and testing the new trait system, bot to mention even beginning scripting.

As they say, slow and steady wins the race. But we'll try to keep updating as we accomplish things.

Son of a Camel Member anelious phyros's Avatar

Sounds smart to me.
    Good luck!

looks good so far guys keep it up

This is looking great.

go go go
    we all hope for a good end
    Nom

We hope for a good end as well. Recently we all got busy, but progress is being made behind the scenes.

Meliritos has completed most of the buildings, Jacobdebroedere has finished successfully testing the traits, and we are working with some new modders on a side project that may help get some demo stuff out sooner than we would be able to complete the whole sub-mod.

Even though we changed tactics and decided to release a mini-version of our over all mod, we were still surprised by just how much work we needed to do to get even a few faction complete.

Thank you everyone for your continued interest and patience.

From Asia live in South East Asia(SEA) country , Singapore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenochtitlan

these site are about aztec im a fan of Aztec Not INca
    Last edited by Theif55; 12-03-2008 at 18:52.

Royal Pharoh of PTOLEMAIOI and Dictator Of Romani

Savaran Commander Member Hound of Ulster's Avatar

work slowly, slay bugs and good luck.
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Ar nDuctas' O'Dougherty clan motto

'In Peace, sons bury thier fathers; In War, fathers bury thier sons' Thucydides

'Forth Eorlingas!' motto of the Riders of Rohan

'dammit, In for a Penny, In for a Pound!' the Duke of Wellington

Thankyou.
    Inca-Total War Traits & Ancillaries