Thread: Campaign Multiplayer?

Default Campaign Multiplayer?

Forgive me if I'm being stupid, but is there any way to play a multiplayer game in the style of the campaign in STW? When my brother and I used to play multiplayer, it was only battles, which weren't my favorite part. So I thought I'd check and see if this was possible.

If not, are there any other games that have a multiplayer function similar to the single-player campaign? The one thing I really loved about SP is the Ninja and subterfuge.

Sorry if I'm being a bother, but you all seem to know FAR more about the game than I do.

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Default Re: Campaign Multiplayer?

Hello KomaruKirinashi,

Welcome.

No TW title up till now has something like a multiplayer campaign. While the newer titles like RTW and M2TW offer some support for say a PBM, STW and MTW lacked this too.

In the past there were some campaigns run by fans. The strategic part was done on a forum, chatboxes and/or webpages, the tactical battles were played in the foyer (always had to compromise with full units).

If you want a multiplayer Totalwar game, you could check https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=38 for PBM (Play by e-mail) and ask for options there.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Well that's too bad. My favorite part of the game was running assassination missions on my opponents, and then pounding them while they were weak. I guess people just think that a multiplayer mode like that would take too long. Pity, really.

I heard there was a board game similar to Shogun, but I was never able to find anything out about it.

The game is now out of print and very expensive to buy, but here is some info on the board game Shogun now called Samurai Swords. Samurai Swords Manual

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Well bother. It seems the world is out to get me. The closest thing I can think of is Civilizations, but that is severely lacking in Ninja.

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Welcome!
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Hmmm. Well, looking at other games, it seems that perhaps the closest thing I can find is Europa Universalis 3: http://www.europauniversalis3.com/index.php

Does anyone have any experience with this game?

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Nope, never even heard of..

I remember btw, I was going to take part in a multiplayer campaign by Elmo, yet it never started..
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -