Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2066

Thread: ALEXANDER EB

Default Re: ALEXANDER EB

you just need 1.3 and 1.5 =)
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

Well, I faced one problem with the patches.I have read on the official TW site that 1.3 is regionally depend. But I live in Russia and I run official Russian license localization. And it refuse installing 1.3. If I install BI my RTW will be 1.3, but I can’t install 1.6 on same unknown reasons, that is why Vanilla would be 1.3 only. What should I do?

you need 1.3 to install 1.5 and only then you can install alexander and for that matter play the mod.
    Try to instal 1.3 then 1.5 and then alexander

These message I recive every time I want to install 1.3. I dl it from TW site English language version.

And here I install BI and it updated my RTW to 1.3 but now I can't install 1.6

Last edited by Finn MacCumhail; 11-16-2009 at 14:49. Reason: new information given

your *exe file is not working..

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: ALEXANDER EB

Are using a Russian or an English patch? Try the one your are not using. Or find an international version. It seems unlikely, but it's worth a shot.

Edit: have you de-installed R:TW at this computer before? IIRC there was a problem with the 1.5 registry entry not being deleted properly so you couldn't patch it after reinstalling. If this is the case, you could try de-installing and deleting the registry entry with a freeware Reg-edit program.
    Last edited by Ludens; 11-17-2009 at 21:16.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

In fact there is no Russian patch or exe at all. The company that has license to produce R: TW in Russia uses English version. They just translated it. I dunno if such word exists in English, but in Russia we call it localization. I read that I need English patch. My exe is English-English not English-US.

I can update Vanilla to 1.3 only with BI (localization too). But then I cant update to 1.6. When I deleted BI I "managed" to install 1.5, but during installation it said that old descr_items not found. Installation terminated. Now I have 1.5 written on exe but Alex still refused to install, coz it said I need 1.5 or 1.6

Yep, I de-install it before on these computer. I will try freeware Reg-edit program, hope it will help. Thanks for advice.

Forget about it. Never mind. Everything is working now.

Well, it is awesome! Thanks you team for the EAEM! Sorry I must beg my leave, dozens of new features waiting to be tested.

I just realized something. Is the .san file really necessary? Is it not enough to just have the Alex executable?
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

need the san file

Hello!

I have been lurking for some time and have finally decided to post. Anyway, I play EB on Alx.exe using EAEM, and have a few questions.

1st I can't seem to find a description of things that were actually changed in EAEM, does such a list exist, and where could one find it?

2nd is EAEM compatible with the Mini-mod and other unofficial mods?

3rd is EAEM utilizing something similar to Victory conditions mod?

Cheers in advance!

hi,
    I will try to be short :D

1-There is no list, changes are massive, I have touched every aspect of Eaem, kinda interesting for me to start playing again XD
    2-No
    3-No

Cheers for the informative reply. I found some of the info on other RTW forum. Turns out I'm not playing with EAEM, only RTW.exe. Well, you live - you learn.

*Runs off to install MINImod*

If you're getting the "baitaz" error after installing this you're probably installing it over Maksimus's alexander mod (or some other mod). The two are incompatible. Install EAEM on a _clean_ and _fixed_ install of EB 1.2.

Man, I have to cheat like crazy to get anywhere in this mod.

hello,

I know there's no stupid questions. Only stupid people asking.
    So here's my problem :

I'm getting tired of reading thousands of threats and still, I can't figure out how to use alex.exe.

I've downloaded this mod, I only want to use the engine. Where should I put it, I mean in wich folder exactly?
    I also read that you can use "alex.exe" just by switching with "Rome-total war.exe" shortcuts. Simple. Oh, well, my desktop shortcut shows something totally different :
    "C:\Program Files\Rome - Total War\EBTrivialScript\EBTrivialScript.exe" -s ebconfig.xml -runeb -type "Single Player"
    I'm already using a few mods (the mini mods pack and the vanilla sea).
    Getiing tired of trying...

@bigstape - you got generic error reinstall the mod of make the file that is missing just so that system can scan it, it wont be used ingame.

@Salahedin - if you are using minimod pack, you should have alx.exe already? Its based on this engine.
    if not then just download this http://www.zshare.net/download/51697518abdc7e31/ and change the target line

"<drive letter>:\<directory path you've installed RTW into>\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander
    "...\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander

First of all happy Xmas. I had no problem playing EB on Alex exe. But recently I unistalled EB and reinstalled it again, but one problem emerged, all my characters in my prevous save game had their congomen changed, for example one Publius C. Scipio became Publius Licinus Lucullus. Also almost all of my characters have the Allied general trait and the imposter trait. Now I can't have any more magisters as long as new characters became adults or are available for marriages etc. Have others had this same problem or something similar and I dont thing that there is a way to fix this problem.

Cheers.

Blog Entries

That occurs when you have modded the traits. Changes in that file are not save-game compatible: the only way to repair your game is by restoring the original trait file.

yah

For those wanting to try using Alex engine, don't forget to either install all of Alex or not forget the San file. The Alex engine itself is not enough; You need the San file.
    Former Projects:

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    That occurs when you have modded the traits. Changes in that file are not save-game compatible: the only way to repair your game is by restoring the original trait file.
    I used several units from others mod, notably among them the various skins of the Italic allies in RTR, but I never changed the trait file. This error is appearing every time I quit EB, something of a script error in the EBBS trait line or something, and this after I reinstalled EB because I messed up the Massilian Hoplites sprites. But again I never modified the EBBS traits.

Cheers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post
    I used several units from others mod, notably among them the various skins of the Italic allies in RTR, but I never changed the trait file. This error is appearing every time I quit EB, something of a script error in the EBBS trait line or something, and this after I reinstalled EB because I messed up the Massilian Hoplites sprites. But again I never modified the EBBS traits.
    Strange. You need to modify the trait file to use Alex.exe, don't you? Is it possible it was modified differently when you reinstalled EB? Or perhaps you are using a rtw.exe save game on Alex.exe or vica versa?

I don't think this is script related: that does not affect already-existing traits in the save-game.

Hey, guys, someone help me. The buildings take to many turns to be finished in this "mod mod", even the simplest ones! Some take 40 turns... this is crazy! The game progress becomes very slow in this way... Haven't any form to restore the previous building time, the vanilla EB one? Any mod? Any .txt edit? This was meant to be this way?

you can simple edit the *txt export_description_buldings file and edit the construction times

Hi. I have a question: is there any way to know for sure if Alex is working or not?

This is how I installed it: installed RTW 1.5, copied the DB files from the archive that's for download in the first post of this thread, installed EB 1.2 and then, seeing as I have no Alex.exe I downloaded it from the link also in the frist post.

After updating the EB shortcut the game starts normally. I started a new AS campaign and I think I saw some AI improvements(Ptolemaioi reinforced one of their anatolian cities by sea, some other time he chose to send forth part of his city garrison to engage one lone unit of Peltastai that I had moving before the main stack and the AI seems to be generally more aware of possible flanking moves) but I still don't get any option for night attacks
    Last edited by Drag0nUL; 01-13-2010 at 10:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Drag0nUL View Post
    Hi. I have a question: is there any way to know for sure if Alex is working or not?

This is how I installed it: installed RTW 1.5, copied the DB files from the archive that's for download in the first post of this thread, installed EB 1.2 and then, seeing as I have no Alex.exe I downloaded it from the link also in the frist post.

After updating the EB shortcut the game starts normally. I started a new AS campaign and I think I saw some AI improvements(Ptolemaioi reinforced one of their anatolian cities by sea, some other time he chose to send forth part of his city garrison to engage one lone unit of Peltastai that I had moving before the main stack and the AI seems to be generally more aware of possible flanking moves) but I still don't get any option for night attacks
    Only those commanders with the night fighter trait can fight during the night. Also, alt-tab to check if you are indeed running Alex and not RTW.
    Former Projects:

I can start the Alex mod but the game sometimes freeze before a campaing or a battle starts. Someone knows anything about it? I think I did all the installation correctly.

its PC issue, game is resource consuming

Hi.

I am having a bit of a problem with the Alex engine. All my family members are Immortal.
    I tried adding the Immortal trait stuff to the files(as written in the first post) but they still don't die.

Any idea what I should do here?

Edit: nevermind, seems to be working, faction leader died peacefully aged 95:)
    Last edited by Drag0nUL; 01-22-2010 at 12:32.

Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast