Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 2066

Thread: ALEXANDER EB

Default Re: ALEXANDER EB

I said ''dont really listen'' as if they will not change things they don't like in majority, and even if you have rly good sources and profesionals on your side. I havent said they entirely dont care. However, in example of cavalry and elephants EB vanilla is severally unhistorical and unrealistic, and there have been plenty of open discussions mostly on TWC that I participated where EB vanilla changes were suggested. However, nothing happened etc. This is just one out of many examples during the past years.
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

hi maksimus

i was wondering if the roman allied legions mod worked
    ie
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...Allied-Legions

or if you have implemented something similar, or if you can add this to your summer release, or instructions on how to do it myself (novice coder)

Gone fishing......(got eaten by a SHARK instead)....

I hate to trouble anyone but so when is the "release date" of your upgraded EAEM ??????

@Robertus Zimmermanus
    hi, you can not implement the allied legions in Eaem unless your replace the region resource (that gives it ability to be build in some settlement) from 1st Cohort to Allied legions etc. Eaem is using 1st Cohort Names in different Regions Rather than Allied legions. Eaem however has enabled regional units and I think some specific Celtic and Germanic units that should represent Allied legions.

@Darth Revan
    Good question. I am 1 man army and I am stuck atm at modding cant figure how to set correct voice for units using Alx engine I just cant do it, the isntructions from TWC arent working for me.. so atm i am bit depressed - this will take some time.

thanks mark

just do your best modding. we will appreciate it. although admittedly there a few things that could be polished, that such a great mod was made with such a small team shows some real.... (cant think of a good enough word). i agree with many of your modifications as i was getting sick of flying through and conquering all of the continent in 20 years. it makes for more immersive gameplay.

if you have any suggestions just pm me D:

i will take that as an invite to spam you as a grind the campaign :)

hmm... if i cannot upgrade towns to cities in italy, i cannot build latafundia, so how do i instigate marian reforms?

you can in Rome o.o

marian reforms require a total 6 latafundia in italy

then ill set it to town option

change it manually

go too EB Data -- export_descr_buildings.txt

find this line and replace

latifundium requires factions { thrace, greek_cities, macedon, romans_julii, seleucid, egypt, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_farms farms+1 and building_present_min_level market market and building_present_min_level government gov2
    {
    capability
    {
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2
    population_growth_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { barbarian, armenia, romans_brutii, romans_scipii, carthage, parthia, numidia, thrace, greek_cities, macedon, romans_julii, seleucid, }
    population_growth_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { egypt, }
    law_bonus bonus -4
    population_loyalty_bonus bonus -1
    }
    construction 24
    cost 20000
    settlement_min city ; large_town
    upgrades

BRILLIANT

i'm assuming i can do the same adjustments to roads.

PS thanks for answering all my latest questions with patience :)

Hey Max,

I don't think that your mod installed naval invasions for alexander.exe properly. I am not using EAEM, just the improved engine fixes. Playing as the Romans and Casse, I haven't seen a single naval invasion in over 40 years of campaign gameplay, and I was fighting Catharge!

Any particular reason for this? :(

whoop one more thing :):):)

how do i allow romans to build highways at large_town level, EXCLUSIVELY for rome??

@Robertus Zimmermanus
    just find highways in same txt file and edit

@Marcellus Caesar
    naval invasions are not the part of the mod, or any other, that is the engine that uses ships or not.
    Also, if your using vanilla EB you wont get much action overall as their default script is made for poor RTW engine and doesn't cope well with Alx.exe extensive AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Maksimus View Post
    @Marcellus Caesar
    naval invasions are not the part of the mod, or any other, that is the engine that uses ships or not.
    Also, if your using vanilla EB you wont get much action overall as their default script is made for poor RTW engine and doesn't cope well with Alx.exe extensive AI.
    But doesn't Alex.exe have BI's naval invasion scripts? I thought your fixes included that... or is it just for EAEM?

hmm Alex.exe and BI.exe and RTW.exe aren't open to modified, *exe's are only modified by the developers that made the original game. We that make mods can only edit *txt files, images.. pretty much everything that is not part of the *exe and that is not limited by the hard code of exe*. This said, Alx.exe had double more slots for models that you can implement compared to rtw and bi that can host twice less.

Alx.exe has its own AI naval use, but EB vanilla script is not coping with that well as it is designed for RTW (much older). In Eaem i have armies moving via ships often, but also, rebels have ships now as well.

i got stuck with this...

anyone can help out the mod will be done sooner

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=366507

I agree! This is a great mod and needs an FAQ or separate forum. This thread is way too long

Klibanophoros Ton Rhomaioktono Member Duguntz's Avatar

Hmmm, I was wondering, one of the only challenge when playing sweboz is their very VERY crappy economy... but with the EAEM we start with a flooding treasury of 100000... isn't that taking off much of teh challenge offered by that faction?

I was just wondering...
    Opinions are like bacteries : we all have, but it's better to keep them for ourself... (By me!)

generously given by Nachtmeister
    generously given by Macilrille for Sweboz combat tactics
    Generously given by Brennus

Quote Originally Posted by Duguntz View Post
    Hmmm, I was wondering, one of the only challenge when playing sweboz is their very VERY crappy economy... but with the EAEM we start with a flooding treasury of 100000... isn't that taking off much of teh challenge offered by that faction?

I was just wondering...
    100000 is not much in EAEM...Why ?? Let me give you my example....I started a campaign as Macedon (and i had the same amount) but a huge stacks of armies and Huge cities with lots of squalor...(If you develop a huge city on your own it takes time but it becomes your chief earning city...and if given at start it does the opposite..)....so you can imagine what happened in next two turns !!! I got bankrupt....And now, i have conquered the whole of Greece but still I have to be very careful with my treasury....I hope Maksimus fixes this issue in his next edition of EB....It was easier that way in original EB....

you mean fix squalor?

Quote Originally Posted by Maksimus View Post
    you mean fix squalor?
    Maybe, that can be the solution to the financial issues....Try making the squalor a little less harsh on the player....But I've only played as Macedon so i don't know about other factions (but i guess factions like Rome, Epiros and other non barbarian factions would be having same issues)....

Hello,

I have one silly question. I have done exactly as written in instructions and I run the alex.exe (engine only, no EAEM), yet the game behaves like RTW EB - vanilla AI, no night battles etc. When I played Roma Surrectum II on alex.exe, the AI was comparatively different, so its not just my feeling I guess.
    So, is this an issue, or should i keep trying to "reinstall"?

in RS the mod's have been testing the engine after I implemented it for EB and then they kept tweaking moded files to get a better result, also, there, script is not 'directing' the game in RTW.exe way, so the engine has more space to act etc. In EAEM i managed to get somwhere with AI but never enough XD

Hi people, I installed the engine only on my EB1.2 and i can't start a new campaign. When i click on the button it shows something like"YOU MUST SELECT A ITEM FROM THE LIST". I didn't change my EB Single Player link, the game started anyway (with the alexander little logo on the bottom at the startup loading screen) and the Night Battle feature working even with my previous BI saves.

The reason why i didn't change link is because simply ..I cant' !!
    The original one was :
    DESTINATION: D:\Programmi\EBTrivialScript\EBTrivialScript.exe -s ebconfig.xml -runeb -type "Single Player"

and if i try to follow instruction: <drive letter>:\<directory path you've installed RTW into>\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander

i get destination not valid cause of the space after the word ROME. I know that it might looks stupid but i can't change that link, but most important, is that the real reason why i can't start a new campaign?

I'm having a strange problem. I've followed all the steps to get the game working on the ALX.exe, and it does start up with ALX. The problem I've got is that the game crashes to desktop whenever I try to start a campaing.

It seems to be a problem with RomeTW-ALX.exe, I've tried reinstalling etc...

EDIT: Tried validating my instal with the .bat file, but that doesn't seem to work due to a Java error, so I'm updating Java now.
    EDIT:EDIT: Seems JAva isn't being recognised. Now I'm stuck :(

I don't have this problem with EB on regular RomeTW.exe.
    Last edited by Arkhis; 09-28-2010 at 14:28.
    Caution: may contain nuts.

erm.. you just need exe and then the path correctly set thats about it man, try it again check 1st post.

Hi guys New here long time TW player, New to EB as well though.

I'm having trrouble converting to EAEM. I wish to use all the available upgrades from this mod. I'm using a steam version of this game.I 've gotten EB 1.2 to work fine and i followed the instructions in the first post but cannot get it to work. I extracted the EAEM files and fixes into the EB folder in my RTW gold folder, and I'm pretty sure i put the first downloadable EAEM file in the OP in my RTW gold folder. With steam RTW gold and Alexander are installed in different folders.

Anyone have any info that oculd help me? Also is there a way to tell if my game is running EAEM or not?

Thanks in advance for any help, and nice to meet you all.
    Last edited by shadowdrummer46; 10-01-2010 at 00:03. Reason: Typo

Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast