Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2066

Thread: ALEXANDER EB

Default Re: ALEXANDER EB

Quote Originally Posted by fomalhaut View Post
    in my opinion it's pretty unbalanced and comicly, and mostly artificially, difficult. i want all the good things with this mod, like the improved buildings, but the enemy stacks are just silly. not realistic at all.

you literally just gave units super omega chevrons and huge walls solely for the sake of difficulty, not realism. considering ancient military composition there's no way minor kingdoms and unorganized regions are going to have A FULL STACK OF HYPER ELITES. first, how did they get to be so damn experienced? these are stronger than Sartes stacks, that's not realistic. 2nd, how does a small kingdom or region afford an entire professional army that never dies? no, really?

Sartes represents the strong military and other forces making taking the Alps and Neravaci tribes difficult, it makes sense because he acts as a way to represent factions that couldn't make it into the game by making them significant. but for Saba, for instance, the surrounding tribes ARE NOT GOING TO BE FIELDING SUPER STACKS MORE POWERFUL THAN SABA, LET ALONE ARCHE SELEUKAIA. It just does not make sense in sense of realism, and is certainly unbalanced and silly in regards to game balance where every pathetic region is somehow more powerful and experienced than the entire fighting forces of organized and powerful kingdoms.

This isn't giving Pergamon big stacks to represent them as a political power, it's giving comical amounts of experience to an unrealistic amount of soldiers to every minor principality.

Hell, some of the stacks exceed the fighting age population available to most of the lands.
    Seconded

Quote Originally Posted by Maksimus View Post
    hmm,

take this argument on TWCenter forums there are many players that would differ, also, if you dont know how to play RTW every stack is too much. Game is unbalanced and not realistic in the basis, and populations can not even be expressed ingame. I suggest you wait for a new game and do not play the mod if you dont like it :)
    except I would like the good things you've done with this as well.

LOL, don't try to imply i'm bad at the game because i find full stacks of triple gold chevroned units to be unrealistic

Hi guys, I have a problem when loading EB with EAM from Steam.
    It says:
    script error in eb/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 40566, column 60.

Eastern infantry indian spearmen.

What I am missing?

Thanks for the mod!

Emp i dont know how to help you with that, 1st time i see someone has edb prob, even tho I havent been here for a while =)
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

Quote Originally Posted by fomalhaut View Post
    in my opinion it's pretty unbalanced and comicly, and mostly artificially, difficult. i want all the good things with this mod, like the improved buildings, but the enemy stacks are just silly. not realistic at all.

you literally just gave units super omega chevrons and huge walls solely for the sake of difficulty, not realism. considering ancient military composition there's no way minor kingdoms and unorganized regions are going to have A FULL STACK OF HYPER ELITES. first, how did they get to be so damn experienced? these are stronger than Sartes stacks, that's not realistic. 2nd, how does a small kingdom or region afford an entire professional army that never dies? no, really?

Sartes represents the strong military and other forces making taking the Alps and Neravaci tribes difficult, it makes sense because he acts as a way to represent factions that couldn't make it into the game by making them significant. but for Saba, for instance, the surrounding tribes ARE NOT GOING TO BE FIELDING SUPER STACKS MORE POWERFUL THAN SABA, LET ALONE ARCHE SELEUKAIA. It just does not make sense in sense of realism, and is certainly unbalanced and silly in regards to game balance where every pathetic region is somehow more powerful and experienced than the entire fighting forces of organized and powerful kingdoms.

This isn't giving Pergamon big stacks to represent them as a political power, it's giving comical amounts of experience to an unrealistic amount of soldiers to every minor principality.

Hell, some of the stacks exceed the fighting age population available to most of the lands.
    What he said. Full stacks of chevroned, elite units for every podunk town are just not realistic. Full stacks of mundane units would already be somewhat strange, but if they were a normal mix, sure, why not... But as it stands, this is just weird. I mean, improved AI, ok, artificially inflating difficulty by unrealistically having every town defended by this kind of stack doesn't do it for me. Sadly, because the rest of the mod is amazing.
    Last edited by Skyduke; 09-22-2011 at 11:22.

I really wish he would offer an alternate mod without this fundamentally broken issue, the rest is quite good

I tried to download EAEM from Filefront and it looks like the link is broken...

Default EAEM download links broken...

Can someone tell me where i can download the newest EAEM, because the original download links are broken.

Default Re: The best AI for EB 1 is on Alex.exe!

Hallo guys (and girls?) and Merry Christmas!

I want to give EB a go with the Alexander Engine.
    I read the instructions in this post and I did not understand some things.
    How do I "Change the target line of EB.exe single player"?
    I mean I know how to change a line but change this one into what?
    Do I need to do anything else?
    In what order?

Thanks in advance!

is link borken for everyone?

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

is link borken for everyone?
    Filefront is as dead as Latin language, your fixes links are still working.

My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

okay its up again, i promise i will try make final fixes when I get the energy D: in the mean time anyone here has a list of bugs that i can simply fix now and not run through all the thread responses? :( such as indian speaman?

I need confirmation if anyone got the reform working 'on spot' please thank you. :3

Terrible Tactician Member Shadowwalker's Avatar

Default Re: The best AI for EB 1 is on Alex.exe!

Heya there,

as I wrote in that other thread I'm able to finally play EB on Alex (theoretically - see below).
    I first tried jirisys' megamod which ran fine (more or less) but ran into a seriously annoying crash issue:
    I was able to start my first campaign (Romani) and to play (with the occasional, not permanent crash now and then) to about 235. The AI is so very much improved that I decided to try a campaign as Hayasdan as well, just to see how Romani perform now when they are controlled by the AI.
    But I couldn't start the campaign with them. As soon as I clicked on the arrow that should initiate the loading process the game immediately crashed.
    I tried that a few times (and with different factions) and always got the same crash.

So I grumbled a bit and then decided to follow Maksimus' explanation for the manual installation of the "plain Alex.exe usage" (not the Extended Alex mod he also provides), since the link for that mod is dead.
    Went more or less smooth, the explanation is well-written and quite perfectly understandable.

I installed a few (very few) mods as well (win conditions, phalanx mod and Hannibals RSII environment).
    And now I run into the same crash again!

I did a search (not only this forum) but I either don't use the right key words or I am indeed the only one that ever encountered that odd thing.

So my question just is - did any of you have (or hear of) this?
    And/Or do you have any idea what I could do?

Thanks in advance,
    Shadowwalker

Edit:
    Redid it completely (deinstalling everything and starting with the installation of R:TW again), didn't install ANY mod except the manual steps Maksimus explained in the first post - same result. I choose a faction, I click on "start campaign", I see my desktop.
    Bah.
    Last edited by Shadowwalker; 01-26-2012 at 22:44.
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    Lost Campaigns (1.2, Alex. exe): Getai | Sab'Yn
    Ongoing campaigns (1.2): SPQR (110 BC) | Sab'yn (217 BC) | Pontos (215 BC)
    from Populus Romanus

"The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)

Greetings.

I am a devoted EB player, but often wish for a better AI.

I want to play EB with the Alexander engine (only)

Where is that file now? The link is broken.

Do I need BI installed? If I need BI, is the best thing to buy RTW Gold?

Are there more instructions that apply to EB with Alex engine only?

Thank you!

Yes, the link is broken, we must wait for someone to reupload it.

No, you don't need BI. However, if you want it anyway, it's included in RTW Gold & RTW Anthology. You can get it standalone as well

In details:

1. Install Rome Total War + 1,3 and 1,5 patches.
    2. Install Alexander expansion or extract the Alx.exe file only into your RTW folder.
    3. Install EB 11 and EB 12.
    4. EB fixes.

a) To play EB with only improved engine you need use
    5. ALX engine files.

b) If you want to play full modification you need to use
    5. EAEM files.
    5a. EAEM fixes.

6. Change the target line of EB.exe single player.
    How to adjust the target line of your EB.exe
    >Go to EB shortcut - left clck on the shortcut and chose properties - then - change the Target by copy-paste method

"<drive letter>:\<directory path you've installed RTW into>\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander
    "...\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander
    That's all you need basicly
    Last edited by danio43us67; 01-27-2012 at 20:05.

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danio43us67 View Post
    Yes, the link is broken, we must wait for someone to reupload it.
    http://ifile.it/o5wupd1

~Jirisys (You can worship me now, I won't mind)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

As you don't mind, I skip the worshipping part and just say "Thanks a lot, jirisys!".
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    from Populus Romanus

"The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    You can worship me now, I won't mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowwalker View Post
    As you don't mind, I skip the worshipping part and just say "Thanks a lot, jirisys!".

Err OK? (And no I'm not going to worship you, but thanky anyway)

its up

http://www.MegaShare.com/3915904

ill add fixes later

Thank you, Maksimus.
    from Populus Romanus

Cool Re: ALEXANDER EB

Hey guys. I'm new to this forum so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong thread. I'm a PC tech who's doing this mod gratis for a customer. I'm also an avid gamer and am no stranger to mods. I've been trying to get EB to work with steam for the past week and am just about at a loss. I've tried several different methods/guides on getting this to work with steam. I have also tried several fixes. I also have Roma Surrectum II installed (working). When I try to launch from the supplied shortcuts in the alex folder I just get the "can't find steam" error. I've also applied the "-mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander" fix. So, when I try to launch from steam It seems to want to work. I get the splash screen but it errors out and freezes at that point with this error: "Failed to read censored word dictionary file:eb/data//chat_filter.san". Is RSII conflicting with EB? Can I have both? Or am I just doing something wrong? I'm certain I'm installing everything correctly. Thanks very very much for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by hakmann84 View Post
    Hey guys. I'm new to this forum so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong thread. I'm a PC tech who's doing this mod gratis for a customer. I'm also an avid gamer and am no stranger to mods. I've been trying to get EB to work with steam for the past week and am just about at a loss. I've tried several different methods/guides on getting this to work with steam. I have also tried several fixes. I also have Roma Surrectum II installed (working). When I try to launch from the supplied shortcuts in the alex folder I just get the "can't find steam" error. I've also applied the "-mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander" fix. So, when I try to launch from steam It seems to want to work. I get the splash screen but it errors out and freezes at that point with this error: "Failed to read censored word dictionary file:eb/data//chat_filter.san". Is RSII conflicting with EB? Can I have both? Or am I just doing something wrong? I'm certain I'm installing everything correctly. Thanks very very much for any help!
    Link used for install (only I followed the directions for installing into the steam alex folder):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL1-21m9BNI

chat filter san is in Alexander folder when u install the game it appears, other than that it is in the files i uploaded D: you have to copy it to your eb folder

chat filter san is in Alexander folder when u install the game it appears, other than that it is in the files i uploaded D: you have to copy it to your eb folder
    Thanks! I'll try that out tonight when I get home from my other job and let you know how it goes.

THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!!!!! I feel kinda stupid now... LOL! I can't believe that after a week of screwing with this thing that it turned out to be something so simple. Again, thank you very much!

Maybe I'm special needs, but I'm unable to locate a working link for the zipped file to play EB with the Alex engine. The zshare link on the first page is dead as is the one Jirisys posted a few months back.

Anyone able to provide a fresh link for the "EB12_on_ALX.exe" zip? Thanks

*UPDATE* After a third search I slapped myself for somehow looking over a working link at the TW Center. Here's a link where the files been posted for any that still need:

http://mjollnir.twcenter.net/forums/...d.php?t=518308
    Last edited by Wild Turk; 04-24-2012 at 02:25.

is this working now?
    http://www.MegaShare.com/4333876

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Works for me.

Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 LastLast