Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869
Results 2,041 to 2,066 of 2066

Thread: ALEXANDER EB

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: ALEXANDER EB

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    Hi I don't know if this has been answered before but how do you fix the issue with custom battles unit selection?

Basically the problem is that when I choose a faction in custom battle, they don't have there correct units such as the Romans. I've heard if you launch eb in multiplayer mode then that fixes the issue however I am confused on how to do this so any help would be appreciated.
    From the EB FAQ:

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    Q: In custom battles or multiplayer the unit selection is missing units.
    A: All of the regionals cause a problem for the custom battle / multiplayer list. There is a special EDU for custom battles / multiplayer in the "...Rome- Total War\EB\mp custom game edu" folder. Rename your campaign EDU then place the EDU from that folder into the "...Rome - Total War\EB\Data" folder. When you want to play a campaign again, switch back to your original EDU. EB v1.1 now comes with the trivial script, which will automatically switch the files for you. To play custom battles or multiplayer battles with all of your factional units, run the "Play Multiplayer" option of the trivial script.
    I am not sure how this works in Alexander EB; Maximus may have used an alternative to the Trivial Script. However, the EDU switch should still work. Just make sure you use the correct EDU file.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: ALEXANDER EB

Ah, I see what this is about, so, in short, EDU Reads units 1 by 1 from top to bottom, what it doesn't do is distinguish which units are core and which are not.

This means that if in the top row, lets say units from China can be shared and recruited by all factions when they reach far east city - then those units will be shown in each custom battle as an option, and so on.

Technically, yes, you could move (or I could if Id have the time) - move all the shared units on the bottom of EDU list and keep the main units (non shared mostly) on the top of the list. Example:

Romans
    Unit 1 - owner Rome, Merc, Slave
    Unit 2 - owner Rome, Merc, Slave
    Unit 1 - owner Rome, Merc, Slave
    Greeks
    Unit 1 - owner Greek, Merc, Slave
    Unit 1 - owner Greed, Merc, Slave, Macedon
    Unit 1 - owner Rome, Merc, Slave, Macedon, Epirus
    etc..
    Than
    Shared Units of Mercs
    Unit 1 - owner All
    Unit 2 - owner All

This way edu will read the first units and sort them down, there is a max cap on number of units that game can present in a menu so the last ones will be the last to be on the menu - thus u will have ur main units always display.

Hope this helps :(
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

The EDU switch doesn't work unfortunatly as the game crashes on launch. I think the only option is to do as Maksimus said and edit the EDU file myself but that's beyond me haha. Anyway Thanks for the help as it was worth a try

latest files

https://mega.nz/#!IEgiQYTS

Key:

!9s8E-lgyMfcrFt4v9ZL_4eKM4aygESbVSgiOVpWxXcQ
    Last edited by Maksimus; 07-26-2016 at 19:02.

any downloads? does it work?

The download link is fine, much appreciated!

You are welcome

Installed as per the OP post's instructions for Steam. Very simple, overwrote all the files, yada yada.

Game will launch, but freezes- or takes so long to load, one or the other- that my computer goes unresponsive and I haven't even gotten to the start menu.

Pretty frustrated. Any ideas on a fix?

Just use download files as game, paste it all on hard drive and run eaem.ink

hi guys - the answer for your guys question is clear - if you wanna play this mod you have to go

here:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2-ALEXANDER-EB

Download the files and overwrite them in your EB folder then run EAEM

we still play and love this mod! :) best every made!!

Hello there! I have an issue playing Alex EB. I started a Romani campaign and everything is fine but with Karthadastim I couldn't save or load the game (I always activate the script) - the 'Esc' menu Save/Load Game buttons are greyed out. I tried ending the turn, also read somewhere to try and delete the preferences folder, all this failed. I don't usually play with Carthage but I wanted to try a campaign with them in EB. Did I do something wrong? I use RTW Alex 1.9, EB Alex 1.31b. Anyway thanks again for the great mod.

P.S. After looking at this thread, I am not sure what version of Alex EB I should be using. Is this '2018' update the same as EB 1.31b Alex? Seems not. Should I download latest version here instead? Is it standalone or I have to install it over another version of EB? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by slitebg; 12-02-2017 at 19:25.

just download my files and overwrite your version or run as separate one

It won't let me open the game with latest files, I can't start a campaign.

Either it immediately starts like this or it just crashes to desktop

I get cones of colour on the map and weird shapes and the game gobbles down and freezes and crashes to desktop. Windows 10.

can you re download the files again and test please?

Hello Maks,
    first off, great effort in keep the MOD alive all these years with innovations and cool additions. Its been a while since i last played RTW/ALX with EB and that was the last of it, but after having this urge to sharpen my blades yet again for another round of heroic battles like you put it ;), before I finally have my grand kids take over my Premium gaming machines (yup u got it right, Im 40 now and been enagegd in RTW for years so please bear with me ) i finally decided to give it a try but i am a bit confused here as to what approach i should take insatlling your EAEM. heres what i did so far;
    1. Reading your first post, i realized EAEM is a standalone environemnt and can be played by just using your huge archive of 3+GB (when unpacked) with no prior installation of RTW, BI(not that it matters) & Alx as well as either EB version so to speak. so what i did was ...
    a. downloaded your archive.
    b. unpacked it on my drive which gave me the Activiosn folder with all the files in it arranged just like a proper insatllation would (which infact never happens in this case).
    c. set the targets for the EAEM.ink as described in your post and VIOLA!!! ITS ALIVE! i got the game running and all albiet with crashes after huge battles. (playing VH-H with SAKA its been 3 turns and i m having CTD either before the start of battle or afterwards) my question here is, am i right to assume that no installation of the MAIN game (RTW with expansion & EB) required for this EAEM to work or may is that I already have the game installed (way long ago) in a seperate drive but on the same system that helped EAEM to boot all fine (which i doubt it would since it has no same REGISTRY EDITS as my system WIN10 corei7)

As for the Crash, i havent applied any fixes yet. i do recall there were many of those, Core limiting, textures related and so on, but i would appreciate your help with these as to which one i should go with, but before we actually apply the fixes as is, do you think doing a clean install of RTW->patched till Alexander 1.9 (i have the exapansion) and than copy pasting your EAEM in that RTW/ALEX -OR- RTW/ folder wihtout applying any of EB & fixes will do the trick for a stable game experience?

Sorry for the long post, but i thought it will help with so many of older gamers like me cuz the instructions on the first page are not that much clear for an old fool like me :)

-V-

I would try 1 - Remove all installations you have and just plain download and run the folder I uploaded
    2 - Overwrite installations you do have with my files

I will be honest with you that i believe crashed are related to the engine itself - as I found no ways to read what the error is - it sometimes crashed for me too.

What I believe its the thing is that i put unlimited amount of men on the battle which game caps by default - sorry for this

Thank you for playing this mod

EB 1.3c for Alexander exe is the latest version. Myabe you could ask the dev, in this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-31c-Rreleased!

You can just download my files as I see they have much more than 1.3 version - simply download all and play

Hey folks Ive tried several times to install EB for Alex unsuccessfully. The first time I was able to load the campaign map. there didnt seem to be FOW and there were alot of graphic glitches before it would crash. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and now when I try and select the single play campaign, it wont load but it will instead tell me to select something from a list. where am I going wrong?

You really just need have a separate folder for this mod and call it Alex or something and then download it there and open the game with the eaem exe icon

Hi Maksimus,

Do you have a link to the full change log? Or at least a general summary of changes in the latest update?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Conan; 03-29-2019 at 19:31.

hai, the changes are wast in terms of overhaul that its really hard to put it on papper, try thhe mod and you will love it

quick question- is this mod still able to run? if so how in 2024 - pls mail me at petrovicvladan9@gmail.com

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869