Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: ALEXANDER EB

Default Re: The best AI for EB 1 is on Alex.exe!

With the regular version of EB (and this is not supported because it may interferre with faction eliminated screens -for unknown reasons) you can simply enable night battles by opening your descr_strat file; adding a line called

options bi, night_battles_enabled

to it.

Then open the export_descr_character_traits.txt file, and uncomment the various traits & trigger leading to the NightBattleCapable line (or some such thing, the exact name I can't quite recall atm.) of traits.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Maksimus
    Konny... please just copy past your Target here -- I just cant get a grip on this totaly - just like ::

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err
    Just replace the BI.exe with ALX.exe (not ALEX.exe, that what I did wrong first) and add -noalexander to it. Copy chat.san to the EB\data folder, change the CD, done.

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team

Wink Re: The best AI for EB 1 is on Alex.exe!

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios
    With the regular version of EB (and this is not supported because it may interferre with faction eliminated screens -for unknown reasons) you can simply enable night battles by opening your descr_strat file; adding a line called

to it.

Then open the export_descr_character_traits.txt file, and uncomment the various traits & trigger leading to the NightBattleCapable line (or some such thing, the exact name I can't quite recall atm.) of traits.
    You have already helped much - thank you for that - I am glad that EB members are here
    If you can do anything to help us manualy mod to allow night battles for EB on Alex.exe - All would be very happy... I am editing the main post just now to enable new gamers to use much easier way of playing EB on Alex -- way that enables Save-Games of Any --- And I mean RTW and BI.exe save-games! and Historic and Custom battles..
    Please post if you have time to see if night will work but based on this NEW EB-ALEX game step-by-step start...
    [/FONT]
    Last edited by Maksimus; 12-10-2007 at 21:53.
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

Sorry, but I can't do that since I don't have the alex.exe
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Smile Re: The best AI for EB 1 is on Alex.exe!

Quote Originally Posted by konny
    Just replace the BI.exe with ALX.exe (not ALEX.exe, that what I did wrong first) and add -noalexander to it. Copy chat.san to the EB\data folder, change the CD, done.

This is the right Target ---- this one works fine!
    "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -noalexander
    Last edited by Maksimus; 12-10-2007 at 21:53.

sorry but the first post is really confusing...

should i do that ??? (i want to start a new campaign)

- install RTW Alexander + EB1.0 (+fixes)
    - install EB.7z ( overwritte all )
    - install Immortal fix
    - modify the shortcut Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -noalexander ?????

(no need to do step 7 and step 8 bcs chat_filter is already in EB.7z ???)

thanks for help
    Last edited by juba1; 11-29-2007 at 01:50.

Civis Romanus Member Senatus Populusque Romanus's Avatar

i will give it a shot
    Dignitas, maiestas, auctoritas, libertas, exercitus, imperium, iudicia, honores, consules, voluntas populi Romani
    Dignity, majesty, authority, freedom, the army, rule, judgements, offices, consuls and will of the Roman People

The Age of Romans : A Romani VIDEO AAR Series

The EB Documentary Theater

Quote Originally Posted by juba1
    sorry but the first post is really confusing...

should i do that ??? (i want to start a new campaign)

- install RTW Alexander + EB1.0 (+fixes)
    - install EB.7z ( overwritte all )
    - install Immortal fix
    - modify the shortcut Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -noalexander ?????

(no need to do step 7 and step 8 bcs chat_filter is already in EB.7z ???)

thanks for help
    No... no... You should use -- NEW step-by-step

The shortcut Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -noalexander
    is just for New step-by-step.. The reason this is really confusing is because there are people that already use EB1 on Alex.exe and need only the Immortal fix - and by the way - The NEW step-by-step is made for you and others that are just about to install it... The prob is I edited the Main post just now So NOW read the instructions and try again!
    And thank you for your efforts at the start of these *exe adventures - you were the one that helped this come to life (read the credits )
    Last edited by Maksimus; 12-10-2007 at 21:54.

1) well, i just did the NEW step-by-step and i get this error message :
    failed to read censored word dictionary file : eb/data/chat_filter.san

so u should add in the NEW step-by-step that we have to copy chat_filter.san in the EB\data folder

2) in my opinion, u should advice to make the shorcut like that :
    RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander

3) as Lgk said, do we need to delete AntiTraits AntiImmortal from the NEW step-by-step installation explanation ???

Thanks for u help Maksimus, now i m going to play...
    Last edited by juba1; 11-29-2007 at 05:15.

Can't test anything on EB, still downloading... hope it won't be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios
    With the regular version of EB (and this is not supported because it may interferre with faction eliminated screens -for unknown reasons)...
    But as i said, if there were problems with eliminated factions and night battles, maybe it's better to use "options +option1 +option2... etc" instead of general "options bi"? Btw there is interesting text in exe such as "defeat_text_bi_style" and "defeat_movie_bi_style" - i bet these are possible options as well... try it, folks!

Also... methinks, some non-evident bugs with old savegames (ones before immortal trait was added) are quite possible, esp if enums file is now ignored (as Cheexsta said). It's always better to start new campaign (and kill map.rwm) anyways. :)
    occasional ALEXANDER EB member
    :::Alexander::: less hopeless AI engine for EB https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=94861

Quote Originally Posted by Maksimus
    --------------------------------
    Trait Immortal
    Characters family
    Hidden
    AntiTraits AntiImmortal

Level Immortal
    Description Immortal_desc
    EffectsDescription Immortal_effects_desc
    Threshold 1
    Maksimus, pls remove that "AntiTraits AntiImmortal" string.
    :::Alexander::: less hopeless AI engine for EB https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=94861

so we dont need to add AntiTraits AntiImmortal ?

EDIT: "AntiImmortal" is not defined and should not be added.

@ Maksimus

You should delete the old install instruction from post #1 because it is very confusing the way it is now.
    Last edited by konny; 11-29-2007 at 12:47.

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team

"AntiImmortal" is defined and should be added.
    No. It's NOT necessary for immortal fix to work. And i doubt if it's present in original Alexander files either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lgk
    No. It's NOT necessary for immortal fix to work. And i doubt if it's present in original Alexander files either.

*lol*

Yes, that's what I wanted to write, but somehow completly messed it up. Thank you, post fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by juba1
    so we dont need to add AntiTraits AntiImmortal ?
    Nah... It works fine without it, and If you made it in.. you should have no probs aswell.. Last night I played couple of years with AntiTraits AntiImmortal .. But now, the main post is fixed so that no AntiTraits AntiImmortal are needed

Post Re: The best AI for EB 1 is on Alex.exe!

EDIT: "AntiImmortal" is not defined and should not be added.

@ Maksimus

You should delete the old install instruction from post #1 because it is very confusing the way it is now.
    Yes... It's just that.. I am afraid that someone might need still.. Atleast for making it back to vanilla....
    pufff..................... deleting right now

So did we ever resolve if there could also be night battles? I'm continuing a EB/Alx Campaign with the immmortal fix installed (typed it in) and am using th e the various .exe switches on RTW-Alx, but I still have not been given the option to have a night battle....is there something I'm missing?

Also, I know this has been covered before, but what is the edit to make Romani available in custom battles?

Thanks guys, great job on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing141
    So did we ever resolve if there could also be night battles? I'm continuing a EB/Alx Campaign with the immmortal fix installed (typed it in) and am using th e the various .exe switches on RTW-Alx, but I still have not been given the option to have a night battle....is there something I'm missing?
    I think you'll have to start a new campaign to have them in, because descr_start.txt is a campaign file.

SO it wont allow me to fight night battles even if I modify my current campaign strat file?

Just noticed something...To enable night battles, is it campaign_start that needs to be changed or campaign_STRAT ??

Thanks again for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing141
    Just noticed something...To enable night battles, is it campaign_start that needs to be changed or campaign_STRAT ??

Thanks again for your help.
    Actually, 'We'- By this I mean the all that are involved in this Alex.exe adventures are very keen to start new Campaigns by Night-Battles enabled..
    But! There should be some numerous changes in traits and descr_start that would allow opiton+ option of BI.exe, that should be much more stable then just manualy...

LGT is working on it as I know.. We hope that those BI.exe and some other options will be implemented as far as days... And for EB 1.1 for sure..

.. I Will just re-post Tellos

to it.

And by that I don't know wich trait's to uncomment .. So... Lgt should test it if he is sure that there are several options to enable BI features..
    Last edited by Maksimus; 12-10-2007 at 21:55.

Is Anyone else getting this?
    It is my save game.. And the traits seem to be messed up!

That happens in every end of turn! So all Client Kingdoms have my Client Rulers with (by now) -20% public order - I have tested, and there is no way you don't get those negative traits.. I think it is a bug! ...
    That means that I can kiss my Level 4 gov. good buy.. And start a new game
    This is very wrong
    So something is either wrong with the trait scripts or it is needed to start a new campaign!?

I am Realy not sure..

I am as well. Both of my type IV governor's are increasing in their interloper trait by 5% every turn. The guy in Tolosia (sp?) is at 35% increase in Disorder...

Changing the traits is savegame compatible in the way that you can reload and play your older games, but it seriously messes up the trait system. That is your problem here.

I guess it's better (if one wishes to continue old savegame) to add NEW traits (including immortal, night-fighter and anything else) to the END of "traits" section of EDCT file, just before "triggers" section. Stability depends on how parsed trait data are enumerated by engine and stored inside savegame files. But it might mess the game anyway... alas, we don't have source code here... :)

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

AFAIK EDCT changes are not save game compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lgk
    I guess it's better (if one wishes to continue old savegame) to add NEW traits (including immortal, night-fighter and anything else) to the END of "traits" section of EDCT file, just before "triggers" section. Stability depends on how parsed trait data are enumerated by engine and stored inside savegame files. But it might mess the game anyway... alas, we don't have source code here... :)
    Can you just add an example how to add in night-fights and and bi options..?
    Tellos specified what to do... but what about option + option + option
    and how would the trait of nigh-fighter ? Will it be enabled for all or no?

Or should I just run it by checking my Bi folder :(

Ok... Here is a list of traits and trrigers that come in BI and that are connected to the Night-battles!

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;export_VnVs.txt;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

¬--------------------

{Alone_in_the_Dark} Alone in the Dark

{Alone_in_the_Dark_desc}
    In the dark, there were always strange noises, and as a child this man heard them.

¬--------------------

{Night_Terrors} Night Terrors

{Night_Terrors_desc}
    Darkness is not a friend. Darkness is where bad things happen.

¬--------------------

{Noctophobic} Noctophobic

{Noctophobic_desc}
    Whatever his reasons, this man is terrified by darkness and the long, long hours of the lonely night.

¬--------------------

{Likes_the_Dark} Likes the Dark

{Likes_the_Dark_desc}
    In the dark people get scared. But not this man.

¬--------------------

{Night_Owl} Night Owl

{Night_Owl_desc}
    The cloak of night is a friend to this man. He uses the dark, he is strong in the dark.

¬--------------------

{Noctophiliac} Noctophiliac

{Noctophiliac_desc}
    Born at midnight, or in love with the moonlight, this man is a real night bird, almost resenting the coming of dawn…

{Noctophiliac_gain_desc}
    This man is now seen as an expert when commanding battles at night.

¬--------------------

{Night_Fighter} Night Fighter

{Night_Fighter_desc}
    This trait allows a general to fight a battle at night.

¬--------------------

{Legendary_Hero} Legendary Hero

{Legendary_Hero_desc}
    Like Horatius, this man's bravery knows no bounds. He is rightly famed among Romans as Aeneas reborn, or even a new Romulus!

{Legendary_Hero_epithet_desc} the Great

{Legendary_Hero_effects_desc}
    +4 Morale for all troops on the battlefield, +1 Command when attacking

{Night_Fighter_effects_desc}
    +1 Command when fighting at night

¬--------------------

{Alone_in_the_Dark_effects_desc}
    -1 Command when fighting at night

{Night_Terrors_effects_desc}
    -2 Command when fighting at night, +1 to personal security (improves the chances of detecting and foiling assassination attempts)

{Noctophobic_effects_desc}
    -3 Command when fighting at night, +2 to personal security (improves the chances of detecting and foiling assassination attempts)

{Likes_the_Dark_effects_desc}
    +1 Command when fighting at night

{Night_Owl_effects_desc}
    +2 Command when fighting at night

{Noctophiliac_effects_desc}
    +3 Command when fighting at night

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;export_descr_VnVs_enums.txt;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Legendary_Hero
    Legendary_Hero_desc
    Legendary_Hero_epithet_desc
    Legendary_Hero_effects_desc
    Night_Fighter_effects_desc

Alone_in_the_Dark_effects_desc
    Night_Terrors_effects_desc
    Noctophobic_effects_desc
    Likes_the_Dark_effects_desc
    Night_Owl_effects_desc
    Noctophiliac_effects_desc

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;export_descr_character_traits.txt;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;------------------------------------------
    Trait Noctophobia
    Characters family
    AntiTraits Noctophilia, NightBattleCapable

Level Alone_in_the_Dark
    Description Alone_in_the_Dark_desc
    EffectsDescription Alone_in_the_Dark_effects_desc
    Threshold 2

Effect NightBattle -1

Level Night_Terrors
    Description Night_Terrors_desc
    EffectsDescription Night_Terrors_effects_desc
    Threshold 3

Effect NightBattle -2
    Effect PersonalSecurity 1

Level Noctophobic
    Description Noctophobic_desc
    EffectsDescription Noctophobic_effects_desc
    Threshold 5

Effect NightBattle -3
    Effect PersonalSecurity 2

Trait Noctophilia
    Characters family
    AntiTraits Noctophobia

Level Likes_the_Dark
    Description Likes_the_Dark_desc
    EffectsDescription Likes_the_Dark_effects_desc
    Threshold 2

Effect NightBattle 1

Level Night_Owl
    Description Night_Owl_desc
    EffectsDescription Night_Owl_effects_desc
    Threshold 3

Effect NightBattle 2

Level Noctophiliac
    Description Noctophiliac_desc
    EffectsDescription Noctophiliac_effects_desc
    GainMessage Noctophiliac_gain_desc
    Threshold 5

Effect NightBattle 3

Trait NightBattleCapable
    Characters family
    NoGoingBackLevel 1
    AntiTraits Noctophobia

Level Night_Fighter
    Description Night_Fighter_desc
    EffectsDescription Night_Fighter_effects_desc
    Threshold 6

Effect NightBattle 1

Trigger night_battle_crushing_victory_attacker
    WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition WasAttacker
    and IsGeneral
    and WonBattle
    and BattleSuccess >= clear
    and BattleOdds < 2
    and IsNightBattle

Affects Noctophilia 1 Chance 100

Trigger night_battle_crushing_victory_defender
    WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition not WasAttacker
    and IsGeneral
    and WonBattle
    and BattleOdds < 2
    and IsNightBattle

Affects Noctophilia 1 Chance 100

Trigger night_battle_crushing_loss_attacker
    WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition WasAttacker
    and IsGeneral
    and not WonBattle
    and BattleOdds >= 0.5
    and IsNightBattle

Affects Noctophobia 1 Chance 66

Trigger night_battle_crushing_loss_defender
    WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition not WasAttacker
    and IsGeneral
    and not WonBattle
    and BattleOdds >= 0.5
    and IsNightBattle

Affects Noctophobia 1 Chance 66

Trigger diet_of_carrots_1
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnStart

Condition Trait NightBattleCapable = 0
    and IsGeneral
    and Attribute Command >= 4

Affects NightBattleCapable 6 Chance 100

Trigger diet_of_carrots_2
    WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
    and Attribute Command >= 1
    and IsNightBattle
    and Trait NightBattleCapable = 0
    and WonBattle

Affects NightBattleCapable 6 Chance 100

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;descr_start.txt;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Custom campaign script generated by Romans Campaign Map Editor

campaign barbarian_invasion
    options bi
    playable
    huns
    goths
    sarmatians
    vandals
    franks
    saxons
    alemanni
    sassanids
    empire_east
    empire_west
    end
    unlockable
    end
    nonplayable
    romano_british
    celts
    burgundii
    lombardi
    roxolani
    ostrogoths
    slavs
    berbers
    empire_east_rebels
    empire_west_rebels
    slave
    end

start_date 363 summer
    end_date 476 summer

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Now.. I am sure these are all compatible if you have BI or Alex on your EB 1...
    But!!! The options bi are uor problem.. It is mentioned that it wont work when you just enable it due to faction elimination screens .... so... help
    Last edited by Maksimus; 12-10-2007 at 21:56.

Acctually If anyone has that prob and find it to be so ..hardy.. in a way.. I will delete That trait (Interloper) and will make the game work without it...
    It is a trait that by my opinion is just not in place anyway..

There were numerous times whem my army had to spend just one turn in a settlement or a turn before level IV gov. Is added - In any way, with that trait you loose - because if you leave the settlement with the FMember that took the city in the first place - you would have riots - and If you leave him in - you get Interloper.

That is very negative and not needed at all..

Because when you leave your FMember just 2 turns in the 'border' city (because you need to campaign more) - he gets negatice traits that are bad for any further city managment - and if you leve him outside the city - yor FMember gets negativ traits for campaigning ...

So.. I will upload the FM Immortal fix without the Interploter trait a side from the original Immortal fix
    Last edited by Maksimus; 12-10-2007 at 21:56.

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast