Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Warhammer Campaign

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

Default Re: The Warhammer Campaign

it is difficult to make crusades due to that the pope it is out from the mod,also it is hard corded,bwian has explanained perfectly.
    Last edited by alexader; 11-26-2007 at 14:22.
    "VAE VICTUS"

Then, if crusades cannot be made there should be a diplomacy system that made more easy for The empire to make an alliance with the dwarves and so.
    Revan Shan / Mayorcete / Teuton Arrasador

Miguelito Productions' views:
    The best vids in YOUTUBE!
    Miguelito Productions supports:
    SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

You can start faction relations out different, and make some factions begin enemies.(i think)

yea you can start of as set enemies / friends but i think its better to let the player decide diplomacy to make more variety. What would have happened if the DE and HE made peace would they retake the old world?
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

Quote Originally Posted by Enthes
    I have to disagree the Empire and Britonia both crusade alot against Lizard men Araby and the TK.
    I think the Empire sends out explorations, not Crusades...
    If I remember correctly, they aren't actually aware of Lustria/Lizardmen.

There is a crusade that included the Empire & Bretonnians but
    I think overall there was only 1 crusade, it was in Araby & it was made up
    from the knight orders. Don't know y it was called a crusade since
    it really wasn't about gods & Brettonia & Empire believe in different
    religions.

Prussian Musketeer Member Faenaris's Avatar

My knowledge about Warhammer is sketchy and I'm more versed in Warhammer 40:K, but there are a lot of similarities. The Chaos Gods, one bad-ass Chaos warlord (Acheron in WH, Abaddon in 40K), there is an empire, etc ...

Since WH:40K had Black Crusades, an invasion by Chaos troops spewing forth from "the Eye", and I have read about great invasions from the Chaos troops from the North, I think there is a form of Crusades in the Warhammer universe.

However, I see no way to implement this into a mod. The "pope" eventually dies and is elected, something wich didn't happen in WH. Granted, Acheron might be the first of Chaos, but even the Chaos Gods might forsake him, so you could in theory allow the pope system to be used for Black Crusades.

Still, imagine the Warlord saying "stop fighting your fellow chaos worshipper or you will be excommunicated". Since Chaos worshippers regularly fight amongst eachother (Khornate cultists really don't get along with Tzeentch worshippers) and excommunicating someone would do absolutely nothing (since the Chaos Gods bestow favour directly, not through some puppet).

So, bottomline: Crusades exist in WH, but you can't "accurately" portray them in a mod.
    Signature by Atterdag

"Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben?" ("Dogs, do you want to live forever?") - Frederick II of Prussia at the battle of Kolin when adressing his fleeing Prussian soldiers.

Believe what I say, I was once a warhammer freak (and a Star Wars one, now I just play basketball). I know what i'm talking about.

Some points about the crusades and alliances:

- Brettonnians and the Empire. They fought toguether against the enemy more than once, maybe not in many crusades but yes agains chaos hordes. And now that someone said it I remember that Brettonnian and Imperial knights made a crusade to fight Araby. There you have it, they can be allies (I remember to you all that the fact that two factions can be allies during a crusade doesn't mean that they are allies the rest of the time, indeed high elves do not always get on well with imperials).

- The Empire: crusades and explorations. The empire sends both, don't confuse.

-Diplomacy: Maybe not make them directly allies but the game should make dwarves (for example) attack first orcs and want to ally with the empire.

SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Faenaris
    However, I see no way to implement this into a mod. The "pope" eventually dies and is elected, [etc]
    Maybe use a Jihad template instead of crusade & make things like chaos
    have sorcerors or something (I don't know a thing about chaos) while things
    like the empire have Lords maybe other, depending of what we r doing about
    religion.. This is confusing but there should be some method we could do this
    with..

chaos cultists to spread the word of chaos amongst the population

Quote Originally Posted by messenger
    I think the Empire sends out explorations, not Crusades...
    If I remember correctly, they aren't actually aware of Lustria/Lizardmen.
    They are aware, to my knowledge. But Hardly a man or two have seen them and lived to tell the tale. They've sacked Temple-Cities and have found various Obsidian and gold weaponry, but I doubt even a quater of the population in the Empire's main realm know of them, the outposts in Lustria do. As for Lizardmen Strengths and weaknesses, I feel they should have the best infantry in the game, on par with that of chaos. And three questions for Bwian:
    (This can wait until the Lizardmen thread, just can't contain my excitement!)
    1) Will there be animations or stat changes to incorporate the Lizardmen's ability to bite and claw at their enemies....?
    *wipes drool off his keyboard at the thought*
    2) Can you affect the sizes of Units? Or are they preset? It may have been answered already, but im not sure. They should have really small units. This way it would represent their low numbers and it would force many units to be gathered to represent even what the half of what an empire or Bretonnia army could field for the cost. Would also counterbalance their superiority in close combat (in my opinion, but I am biased hah.)
    3) Blowpipes? I want my skinks to nail the Chaos and Dark Elves in the necks with poison darts!

This Mod Rocks!

Hopefully I can answer even though I'm not on the team:

Lizzies should indeed have awesome infantry (and pretty good cavalry too) but limited missile and no artillery. I can't speak on whether skink chameleons will make it in, but I'm sure they can be done. The unit sizes can be changed easily, so that aspect can be balanced.

I don't know if they're going to do biting and clawing animations, but it would be a neat addition. I'm sure I speak for everyone that a death animation with a Saurus warrior ripping some poor sod to pieces with his teeth would be awesome

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

Are saurus warrioirs so good? i dont remember anything about them being any better than a black ork with a bit more armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Taranaich
    Hopefully I can answer even though I'm not on the team:

Lizzies should indeed have awesome infantry (and pretty good cavalry too) but limited missile and no artillery. I can't speak on whether skink chameleons will make it in, but I'm sure they can be done.
    chameleons should be easy i think as you could just make them be able to hide anywhere instead of just in forests
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

Well....in the two handed weapons there are like 3 different animations.

You can probably just substitute it a bit...dont know how hard this would be considering I know silch about modding lol.

Like the one where an enemy is propped into the air and does a spin...that could be a kill with a weapon.

The one where the guy just gets on his knees and dies...that could be a bite kill...

And last but not least....dont think its possible since it would be with a different weapon...you could have the saurus warrior or whatever warrior do that spear kill animation where the poor bugger tries to get away and gets stabbed in the back with the spear..

Aka get slashed in the face and get stomped on

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by A Norseman
    Are saurus warrioirs so good? i dont remember anything about them being any better than a black ork with a bit more armor.
    *deep breath*
    Saurus Warriors: Bred by the Gods who created the Warhammer World, they have one purpose: Warfare. They are fully armored within their scaly hides, from their heads to their toes. Aside from the jagged Obsidian and gold toothed swords, a Saurus's bite has been known to crush a Chaos soldiers head between it's jaws. It has a powerful spiked tailed and claws on it's hands and feet. Various spawnings from their lost gods make these average warriors even stronger, imbuing them with even greater strengths, such as the ability to hide in wood, grow gills, and ride the Cold ones, 4 legged Velaceraptors.

Anywho. I think, while Saurus aren't bright, they are better in Black Orks when it comes to war. It's in that field their knowledge excels. These warriors stood toe to toe with the forces of chaos when the elves were young. Their problems is they are coldblooded, they have slow strikes. Also they are a dying race (The lizardmen as a whole) and are quite few in number.

Chamealeon skinks shouldnt be hard at all. Basically the skink skeleton with green instead of blue skin, with the ability to hide anywhere due to their skin.

Also, I think the only parts of artilery that should be available for the lizardmen are as follows:
    The Stegadons have been known to carry giant crossbows into battle. Im not sure if there is an elephant model with anything of the sort on it, besides the cannons, even unsure if that can be implemented.
    Salamanders:When I saw the Beautiful fire bwian worked on, my thoughts immedeatly went to these beauties. They spew molten bile from their stomachs, burning those in their front.

Lizardmen! I can't wait to see screen shots of them!

bile is already a liquid...lol >.>

anyways...so do they like...breathe it or spit it out in loogies...cause if so maybe a flaming cannonball can be the projectile...in the other case that greek firethrower

Quote Originally Posted by Dogman55
    *deep breath*
    Saurus Warriors: Bred by the Gods who created the Warhammer World, they have one purpose: Warfare. They are fully armored within their scaly hides, from their heads to their toes. Aside from the jagged Obsidian and gold toothed swords, a Saurus's bite has been known to crush a Chaos soldiers head between it's jaws. It has a powerful spiked tailed and claws on it's hands and feet. Various spawnings from their lost gods make these average warriors even stronger, imbuing them with even greater strengths, such as the ability to hide in wood, grow gills, and ride the Cold ones, 4 legged Velaceraptors.

Anywho. I think, while Saurus aren't bright, they are better in Black Orks when it comes to war. It's in that field their knowledge excels. These warriors stood toe to toe with the forces of chaos when the elves were young. Their problems is they are coldblooded, they have slow strikes. Also they are a dying race (The lizardmen as a whole) and are quite few in number.

Chamealeon skinks shouldnt be hard at all. Basically the skink skeleton with green instead of blue skin, with the ability to hide anywhere due to their skin.

Also, I think the only parts of artilery that should be available for the lizardmen are as follows:
    The Stegadons have been known to carry giant crossbows into battle. Im not sure if there is an elephant model with anything of the sort on it, besides the cannons, even unsure if that can be implemented.
    Salamanders:When I saw the Beautiful fire bwian worked on, my thoughts immedeatly went to these beauties. They spew molten bile from their stomachs, burning those in their front.

Lizardmen! I can't wait to see screen shots of them!
    Yea, Its easy to come up with descriptions like that for every core unit out there, I asked more for their stats, so i have somthing to compare to.

Quote Originally Posted by A Norseman
    Yea, Its easy to come up with descriptions like that for every core unit out there, I asked more for their stats, so i have somthing to compare to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revan-Shan
    I have a better idea, prepare...
    Catacombs.

A new type of battle map. With four types: tombs (vampire counts), skaven settlement, dwarf mine/palace, lizardmen's subway.
    My bad... lets see:

Honestly, Im looking around now... my army book is by my fathers.... im pulling various things from the net. Bear with me please.

"They have decent strength and toughness which when coupled with their two attacks makes them very capable hand to hand combat opponents. They count as having heavy armour and are Cold Blooded"

"With toughness 4, they're that little bit more tougher against missile fire as well, but this doesn't mean they're immune to it. Many people don't like Saurus because they are slow compared to Skinks, but they move at the average rate a normal foot soldier does. Saurus Warriors can also take blessed spawnings for a variety of effects but in general there are only a few that are worth the time. Saurus aren't quite as good as Chaos Warriors, but they're the next best thing. "
    Last edited by Dogman55; 12-01-2007 at 00:49.

Quote Originally Posted by DaCrAzYmOfO
    bile is already a liquid...lol >.>

anyways...so do they like...breathe it or spit it out in loogies...cause if so maybe a flaming cannonball can be the projectile...in the other case that greek firethrower
    It's actually there stomach juices lol. So I imagine the greek Flameflower would be the animation used. I imagine its not fluid like fire, but it isnt in gobs... exactly.... lol

Kroxigors will be fun

But I prefer the old ones

Last edited by Revan-Shan; 12-01-2007 at 11:59.

2 attacks? 4 in toughness? :S That was the sort of information i was looking for. That makes them elite fighters.

Black Orc stats - 10pts per standard model
    M WS BS S T W I A LD
    4 4 3 4 4 1 2 1 8

Saurus Warrior stats - 12 pts per standard model
    M WS BS S T W I A LD
    4 3 0 4 4 1 1 2 8

Not much between them to be fair, Orcs wear heavy armour though and Saurus has an extra attack

Black orcs strike first tho.. and has heavy choppas.

It was said that the Intro video I made wasn't going to be used but I l like this stuff so I mastered it. Some sounds deleted and the oficial m2tw kingdoms soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpv-vmh1kKw

Just for you to enjoy.

And, by the way... a simple video showing the screenshots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aQOF_uUdOM

Quote Originally Posted by Lordy
    Black Orc stats - 10pts per standard model
    M WS BS S T W I A LD
    4 4 3 4 4 1 2 1 8

Saurus Warrior stats - 12 pts per standard model
    M WS BS S T W I A LD
    4 3 0 4 4 1 1 2 8

Not much between them to be fair, Orcs wear heavy armour though and Saurus has an extra attack
    Also Saurus Warriors have 'Cold Blooded' trait, so that they are statistically less likely to rout than Black Orcs.

I'm working on the pics that are exposed by the game while loading, what do you think?:

"I'm working on the pics that are exposed by the game while loading, what do you think?:"

Nothing.............................................................
    "VAE VICTUS"

nothing?

ok,ok,maybe something...........
    "VAE VICTUS"

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast