Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Warhammer Campaign

Default Re: The Warhammer Campaign

Do you like them Bwian?

I have to upload the rest and fix some thing on that one. I have nine done already.
    Revan Shan / Mayorcete / Teuton Arrasador

Miguelito Productions' views:
    The best vids in YOUTUBE!
    Miguelito Productions supports:
    SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

the first one fixed and the rest:

SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

seriously did you draw those
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

Quote Originally Posted by Enthes
    seriously did you draw those
    Well, I'm very good at drawing, specially medieval and futuristic warriors, armours and warhammer but... no, those are not mine.

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

these are from GW artwork
    "VAE VICTUS"

No offence, but I would much rather see screenshots of the units in the game on the loading screens. Like how it is on the game already.

Quote Originally Posted by Silaris
    No offence, but I would much rather see screenshots of the units in the game on the loading screens. Like how it is on the game already.
    Seconded. Screenshots taken in CineEdit with some kind of Photoshop tunning would be best option.

Well, I thought already about that and I think this gives the game a beter WH look. Look at Stainless Steel 5.0 for example, they use pics from The Kingdom of heaven and it looks awesome. I prefer real images rather than pics from the game.

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Alletun's Avatar

I dont think those loadingscreens can be used as they are copyrighted to GW.
    Ofcourse it's bwians decision in the end, but i think he has a very strict policy regarding the use of copyrighted material. And rightly so.

Well, I thought this was Warhammer mod. At the end this mod will only have the W of Warhammer and the T of Total War.

I've just read the legal stuff and I've found this:

keep in mind that the hobby is for people of all ages. Please be careful of the language used and the topics discussed. We would strongly recommend that you avoid any topics concerning illegal behavior, obscenity, or libel.
    They are pics so...

We would also remind you that you cannot alter or change our trademarks in any way.
    There are no trademarks so...

Any way, I've never heard of a mod having trouble with the legal stuff, and believe me, this is not as important as you think. I know a lot about Star Wars Battlefront mods and I can tell you one thing: just write the following and make it clear: This is not made, distributed or supported by 'name' (some mods do not even care about this). This is the only thing they write and have no probem at all:

THIS LEVEL IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.

Stainless Steel has no problems and has said nothing about The Kingdom of Heaven in the readme and so.

damn Warhammer artwork is amazing, i love that picture of the slayer and the orc, is it Gotrek?

This is my personal favorite:

Quote Originally Posted by Lordy
    damn Warhammer artwork is amazing, i love that picture of the slayer and the orc, is it Gotrek?

It seems to be gotrek but I'm not sure.

This is my personal favorite:
    I'll make this one.

There you have it:

Quote Originally Posted by Alletun
    I dont think those loadingscreens can be used as they are copyrighted to GW.
    Ofcourse it's bwians decision in the end, but i think he has a very strict policy regarding the use of copyrighted material. And rightly so.
    i think alletun is right and i would hate to see the mod shut down due to use of artwork in loading screens.
    plus the ingame units look so good just use them in epic battles and take screnies.
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

Ok, what about these? I still preffer the previous ones.

No offense, but I would suggest you to calm down with your overeager attempts. Thanks to posting this images here, this thread takes forever to load - maybe you should send PM to Bwian instead? I don`t get it why are you doing this, you want receive recognition? It`s waste of your time - honestly, cause i`m 99% sure that those screenshots of yours won`t be used in a mod. Sorry, but everyone can do such screens as yours in a matter of seconds in Photoshop, there`s really no need of posting them here.

Quote Originally Posted by thrashing mad
    No offense, but I would suggest you to calm down with your overeager attempts. Thanks to posting this images here, this thread takes forever to load - maybe you should send PM to Bwian instead? I don`t get it why are you doing this, you want receive recognition? It`s waste of your time - honestly, cause i`m 99% sure that those screenshots of yours won`t be used in a mod. Sorry, but everyone can do such screens as yours in a matter of seconds in Photoshop, there`s really no need of posting them here.
    Recognition? No. Just trying to help. I make a lot so that they can choose.

I'll make no more, this are the last ones.

i will suggest you either to calm down,i've get really sick of wacthing you trying in many threads to earn recognition.believe me,if by any means bad luck GW find those post in those threads with her copyrights(even if those are not gonna be in the mod)we will have trouble,and maybe she will shut down the mod(for just seeing her copyright being displayed).we are risking with that(it's very important that you understand).i don't mean to offence you with any way,but please.we are all excited with this mod,as you.calm down a bit.when the time comes,you might help then.now it's just not worth to risk the mod
    "VAE VICTUS"

i will agree with thrashing mad that this thread takes forever to load,it is overloaded
    "VAE VICTUS"

Even if it wasn't illegal to use those pictures, it still wouldn't work out too well.
    You need some kind of consistency in your loading screens, it would just look not as well done if you seemed to have a random slideshow of screenies, artwork and renders.
    Load screens should be something of the same type, so probably photoshopped screenies...

Quote Originally Posted by alexader
    wacthing you trying in many threads to earn recognition
    Earn recognition? no. I only try to earn recognition in basketball and video editing. I'm very good at both but basket goes first.

This is to earn recognition: As there is no video of me playing basket on the tube I will just present myself. I am 2m high being just 16 years old (speciallists say I will grow until being 2.05 m). Despite having only 1 year of experience in basket I've learned faster than anyone else. Just 1 year and now I'm in a team, I play in the junior leage and I've met nobody who was a challenge for me, well, maybe one but we are friends.
    Yeah, from three!

P.D: I can dunk.

I know this is off topic but I wanted to show you how far I can get trying to earn recognition (P.D: I can get even further).

you are kidding me,2m tall?my cousin is also 2m tall,and he was playing basketball(for fun).ok i take back what i told that you want to earn recognition(you are triyng to earn a lot recognition.LOL )ok just a joke.......................
    "VAE VICTUS"

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

Keep it civil, lads

no i am not angry in my last post.i have just been wonder by his height
    "VAE VICTUS"

Quote Originally Posted by Revan-Shan
    Any way, I've never heard of a mod having trouble with the legal stuff, and believe me, this is not as important as you think. I know a lot about Star Wars Battlefront mods and I can tell you one thing: just write the following and make it clear: This is not made, distributed or supported by 'name' (some mods do not even care about this).
    You haven't heard of many mods right? I know a couple of LOTR mods, for example, that have been forced to shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Revan-Shan
    Well, I'm very good at drawing, specially medieval and futuristic warriors, armours and warhammer but... no, those are not mine.
    So why don't you use your skills to do some original stuff instead of using others? Then maybe the team will ask you to join. Your loading screens are nice and all that, but there is just no art in cutting and pasting like that.
    Last edited by Zapp; 12-03-2007 at 16:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    So why don't you use your skills to do some original stuff instead of using others? Then maybe the team will ask you to join. Your loading screens are nice and all that, but there is just no art in cutting and pasting like that.
    Well, they are professional. They draw better than i do. Don't know, I'll maybe give it a try but don't spect to be marvelled.

By the way, i use to draw in black and white, no problem isn't it?

Black and white pictures fit Warhammer's dark and gritty feel much better than coloured ones I find.

If you searched the internet, you would find lots of mods using popular things like Halo, Star Wars and Lord of the Rings get shut down for using copywrite stuff.
    That means using pictures that Gamesworkshop says are copywrite is a good way of getting a cease and desist order.
    If you don't comply generally you can get a law suit or something similarly bad.

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Re: The Warhammer Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    You haven't heard of many mods right? I know a couple of LOTR mods, for example, that have been forced to shut down.
    Not to mention the fact that GW copyright policy is *way* harsher than LotR one.
    They've shut down numerous fansites, made fanmovies illegal, and even tried to sue Nival before HoMM5 release.

And seriously, try to use spoiler tags for your pics. This page now takes age to load, quite annoying I may say.

Yeah it sucks they cancelled that fan film.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast