Thread: The Warhammer Campaign

Default Re: The Warhammer Campaign

I am on to finish the first drawing, you all can still decide:

Black an White or Colour?
    Revan Shan / Mayorcete / Teuton Arrasador

Miguelito Productions' views:
    The best vids in YOUTUBE!
    Miguelito Productions supports:
    SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

black and white is perfect i think,use drawing pens
    "VAE VICTUS"

Default Re : Re: The Warhammer Campaign

For albion,we can put as rebels giant army?

Default Re: Re : Re: The Warhammer Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by tito
    For albion,we can put as rebels giant army?
    the Lizard men should controll Albion as they are the ones who keep it invisible
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

I think we could code it so it only reveals itself later in Warhammer time so we all can fight for Albion!
    Well I think it would be a pretty cool thing to use the whole 'Discover America' code for that.

Quote Originally Posted by messenger
    I think we could code it so it only reveals itself later in Warhammer time so we all can fight for Albion!
    Well I think it would be a pretty cool thing to use the whole 'Discover America' code for that.
    wow thats a very gd idea though how would you make all the factions make a dash for it? not sure if its posible to code that
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

Quote Originally Posted by Enthes
    wow thats a very gd idea though how would you make all the factions make a dash for it? not sure if its posible to code that
    I dunno, I have to admit I never actually played the M2TW campaign long enough to find out if everyone makes a dash for America.
    I would assume they do though...

I dunno, I have to admit I never actually played the M2TW campaign long enough to find out if everyone makes a dash for America.
    I would assume they do though...
    I did, I played as Spain and conquered all america. i had to wait to 1800 to see some british ships. They never landed.

So one thing could be done, make the armies of the important factions appear in Albion about 100 turns after starting the campaign.

SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Revan-Shan
    I did, I played as Spain and conquered all america. i had to wait to 1800 to see some british ships. They never landed.

So one thing could be done, make the armies of the important factions appear in Albion about 100 turns after starting the campaign.
    Surely there is a way to script most factions to want to go there?
    Perhaps each being allowed a reward of money for getting there, perhaps that would inspire the AI to go for Albion.

In theory there should be the three factions who gained footholds in Albion each ownign a province. Sadly can't remember the results of the campaign now...

I believe it were the lizardmen, the empire and the dark elfs.

I love this mod already

Fireblade

edit: The orcs also had a province. The names were: Lizardmen: the lost valley, in the East; Empire: Neuland In the south; Dark elfs: Nagronath in the north and Orcs: Trogland in the west.
    Last edited by fireblade; 12-08-2007 at 08:19. Reason: added province names

I think though, the point of having Albion suddenly appear is so that the factions battle it out, rather than have the War for Albion already sorted.
    You know, allow the players to make their own Warhammer history and play some of the most awesome wars perhaps with different results.

Theres a mod called dues lo vult that simulates that...thing is there is a strong faction with TONZ of stacks in america, but its only controlled by that faction...ALL OF IT.

So after a set amount of turns some factions end up with a strong stack next to one of the provinces. Afterwards, 2 stacks of the Native Americans wipe you out, unless you are sneaky like me and want to stay there (auto win ftw ).

So yeah, and afterwards SOMETIMES the factions will send other troops, but since its across the world, they usually dont.

Since albion isnt too far off from some of the factions, I dont think it would be farfetched that they would hesitate from sending reinforcements and trying to stay in Albion

I think though, the point of having Albion suddenly appear is so that the factions battle it out, rather than have the War for Albion already sorted.
    You know, allow the players to make their own Warhammer history and play some of the most awesome wars perhaps with different results.
    I think it depends on the time scale for the mod. As far as I can tell it's from the "current" time which suggests that the war for Albion is over and settled by those factions. I also think it's a bit odd to have this chunk in the middle of the map blacked out until an event to open it up and even that I'm not sure is possible.

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Alletun's Avatar

call me a warhammer noob but ... where is albion?

The only part of the warhammer world i know is the world edge mountains orcs and dwarves

Quote Originally Posted by Alletun

The only part of the warhammer world i know is the world edge mountains orcs and dwarves
    There are two big isles, one is the home of the High Elves (The one with C form) and the other one is albion

Quote Originally Posted by lanky316
    I think it depends on the time scale for the mod. As far as I can tell it's from the "current" time which suggests that the war for Albion is over and settled by those factions. I also think it's a bit odd to have this chunk in the middle of the map blacked out until an event to open it up and even that I'm not sure is possible.
    Ofcourse it's possible, the fact that America suddenly appears when you get a certain research was supposed to be a selling point of M2TW!

I think we should start a couple of decades before current Warhammer time with Karl Franz only just becoming Emperor or something, so we can fight on Albion and fight for our lives in the Storm of Chaos.

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

yes propably,i will agree with your timeline of warhammer messenger
    "VAE VICTUS"

While Karl Franz is there, he is the lord!
    Last edited by Myrddraal; 12-12-2007 at 02:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Alletun

In Warhammer world, albion is at the same place than brittain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubee
    In Warhammer world, albion is at the same place than brittain.
    Ofcourse it's possible, the fact that America suddenly appears when you get a certain research was supposed to be a selling point of M2TW!
    Read the above post and tell me how it's possible to have a huge unpassable area slap bang in the middle of the map suddenly opening up? If you know how it could be done then fair enough but I don't see it without causing crashes and the mod being unplayable.

Read the above post and tell me how it's possible to have a huge unpassable area slap bang in the middle of the map suddenly opening up? If you know how it could be done then fair enough but I don't see it without causing crashes and the mod being unplayable.
    Oh, that's a very good point. it either have to be 1) Normal sea, and suddenly there is land or 2) unpassable sea.

1) could make some not-so-fun situations if there is a ship under the area when albion decides to appear.

2) Will just don't fit to the mod.

I think that we won't have albion unless some genius have something to solve this.

Though I actually meant that to Messenger you bring up valid points! I don't think it'd be right. I personally don't have a problem with starting with Albion settled and from the current period in time BUT if people want to use Albion in this way it's fine though not massively fluffy. Albion wasn't discovered it was just hidden by mist, perhaps going back to the discovery of Lustria would be the move if you want to have a "discovery" but why waste those Lizzie models on AI?

Of course Bwian's got the final decision on how Albion works and it's NOT going to make or break the mod so the discussion could be pointless but I think we're either going to have to go with it or not...

Though thinking as I type, why not have it as an island held by rebels with primitive humans or undead maybe. There were natives of Albion before the campaign and there is the Isle of Wights remember!

Two viable option could be:

1) Do the Aforementioned method of splitting the isle up between the four races.

2) Let the Island mostly be controlled by Strong rebels with a single Lizardmen settlement.

Though I actually meant that to Messenger you bring up valid points! I don't think it'd be right. I personally don't have a problem with starting with Albion settled and from the current period in time BUT if people want to use Albion in this way it's fine though not massively fluffy. Albion wasn't discovered it was just hidden by mist, perhaps going back to the discovery of Lustria would be the move if you want to have a "discovery" but why waste those Lizzie models on AI?

Of course Bwian's got the final decision on how Albion works and it's NOT going to make or break the mod so the discussion could be pointless but I think we're either going to have to go with it or not...

Though thinking as I type, why not have it as an island held by rebels with primitive humans or undead maybe. There were natives of Albion before the campaign and there is the Isle of Wights remember!
    Don't you see you just destroyed your own argument?
    You said yourself the only reason people didn't know that Albion was there was because of the mist, well in game Albion appears when the mist goes!
    See?
    Clever?
    Hmm? Hmm?

Lustria wouldn't be a discovery as the Elves knew about it.
    Albion on the other hand wasn't discovered till the mists cleared then everyone went crazy for it.
    Theres no point on missing out on the ZOMG THERES AMERICA script, it's pretty kick ass.

But the problem with an emerging albion is, i fear, that the AI will hardly make a move to attack it. I mean, did any of you ever see the ai invade the new world?

It would be cool though if Bwian or someone else of the modding team succeeds in scripting it so that as soon as Albion appears, every faction sends an army there to battle it out.

Or else, fill the island with rebel stacks, making it a very costly afair for the human player to try and capture the island.
    We must not underestimate the importance of albion in the warhammer world, The one who controls albion has acces to a huge amount of magical powers (the ogham stones). So anyway, it should be a bloody affair to seize control over Albion.

Fireblade

PS: Maybe we can add albion in as a victory condition for some factions, such as high elfs, dark elfs, lizardmen, chaos and empire. Don't know wheter that's a real incentive for the AI to go after those regions.

As you may know Warhammer has only past and future, therefor there can be no historical events.

So i thought for a while... And yes! We can have historical events, thanks to this: Prophecies and unknown threats.

Some historical events:

-This one, so discused one is the first of them all: Albion Discovered (orks, empire, chaos and dark elves appear in Albion)

And these in this order (could be in other):

-Skavens Arrival to Lustria (The skaven god appears and skavens appear in the land of the lizardmen)

-A New Threat -this is real warhammer- (Hobgob Khan appears with a titanic army of hobgoblins (goblins) mounted on wolves)

-Sigmar is Back (Sigmar reencarnates and so the most powerful hero of all the game appears)

I'll try to find more

I don't agree with the whole Sigmar thing, it wouldn't be particularly balanced having something like that running around.
    Not to mention the last reincarnation was supposedly Valten, so maybe if that's who you are referring to then sure.
    But to have Sigmar himself running about would essentially be a balance wrecker.

I think there should only be problems with current factions, not having Hobgoblin Mongolian rip offs suddenly appear, that would ruin a campaign also.
    Try to find things that relate to the factions, say for instance Chaos uniting for the Storm of Chaos ie. something likely.

Some others:

-Bretonnia; A general is nominated to become a questing knight, he must travel around the world and achieve heroic victories vs. Chaos, Vampire Counts, Orcs and Goblins. If he succeeds, he becomes a grail knight with increased command, chivalry and hitpoints.

-An Orc waagh

-Perhaps something like the hanseactic league for the dwarfs if they recapture some of their ancient holds.

-something to make lizardmen reach the old world. Maybe some pirates took treasures to marienburg, and the lizardmen are coming after them: A full stack of lizardmen appears near marienburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Revan-Shan
    As you may know Warhammer has only past and future, therefor there can be no historical events.

So i thought for a while... And yes! We can have historical events, thanks to this: Prophecies and unknown threats.

Some historical events:

-This one, so discused one is the first of them all: Albion Discovered (orks, empire, chaos and dark elves appear in Albion)

And these in this order (could be in other):

-Skavens Arrival to Lustria (The skaven god appears and skavens appear in the land of the lizardmen)

-A New Threat -this is real warhammer- (Hobgob Khan appears with a titanic army of hobgoblins (goblins) mounted on wolves)

-Sigmar is Back (Sigmar reencarnates and so the most powerful hero of all the game appears)

I'll try to find more
    I like both those ideas, not so much the Sigmar one. Purging the skaven from Lustria would be an amazing feat!

About the Lizardmen going to the old world: It doesn't make sense from a warhammer prospective. The Lizardmen are a dying race, unless like you mentioned about pirates taking there artifacts, they're not going to be making any kind of campaigns to the old world.

Although I doubt there would be any way to do so, such an event can follow.

1) Dark Elves, High Elves, Chaos, Skaven, Or empire troops can appear in Lustria.
    2) A notification can appear saying that they come to get the relics of one of the cities.
    3) When the city is taken control of, the Lizardmen player or AI would have a new focus, either that Factions capital, or the closest city to the sacked Lizardmen city.

This would persuade the Lizardmen AI or Player to take the fight to the old world.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast