Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: The Warhammer Campaign

Default Re: The Warhammer Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade
    I don't think there is going to be something like special or rare choices. Off course there will be units that are rarer, more expensive etc. But I don't think there is a way to limit the number of a certain unit type you can field in a single army.

Concluding from your reply you seem to think that I said the descriptions are useless. If that is the case, I apologise, that was not my intention. I think they are very valuable, but I don't see the point of talking about special/rare choices, point costs and demonic vs. Mortal when there is not going to be a real difference between them in the mod. My lay-out was maybe not clear enough, my apologies.

If I'm not mistaken you are trying to say that this traits cannot have a cost and be in the actual game. The thing is that this aren't options, this traits are random and are given to the general when he appears in the map or when he does something special.
    In Stailess Steel 5.0 for example (they did a great job with traits, relics and retinues) you had a commander which was master of the horse, promising commander, fully equipped (or smth like that) and married. Then he goes into battle and after the fighting you are returned to the campaign map and a message appears: Severely wounded -25% Movement This commander bla, bla, bla...
    See?

Some more high elf traits: They all have the same effect, but they add some flavour to the army.
    Effect: +1 command, +1 chivalry
    Names: Prince of Caledor, Prince of Chrace, Warden of Yvresse, Prince of Avelorn.

Much better than before, but could you give your descriptions for it as Dogman55 did?

About the high elf mage, isn't this mod based on the army books,? In the army books there is no reference whatsoever of high elf mages joining human armies.

OK, no high elf mage for imperials

Fireblade
    And good things there Dogman55, I'll add them. Later on, I'm playing Oblivion

Jubal Barca... I don't lie your attitude towards the faction descriptions. Perhaps you have a point there but if we aren't capable of using those faction descriptions we cannot call this game 'Warhammer' Total War and we should name it something like Fantasy Total War.
    Anyway, we should see what others have done, check the unit and faction descriptions of the Warhammer Total War for Rome if you can. They should have the answer.
    Revan Shan / Mayorcete / Teuton Arrasador

Miguelito Productions' views:
    The best vids in YOUTUBE!
    Miguelito Productions supports:
    SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Revan-Shan
    If I'm not mistaken you are trying to say that this traits cannot have a cost and be in the actual game. The thing is that this aren't options, this traits are random and are given to the general when he appears in the map or when he does something special.
    In Stailess Steel 5.0 for example (they did a great job with traits, relics and retinues) you had a commander which was master of the horse, promising commander, fully equipped (or smth like that) and married. Then he goes into battle and after the fighting you are returned to the campaign map and a message appears: Severely wounded -25% Movement This commander bla, bla, bla...
    See?
    Am I going totally mad now? I did not say anything about the traits... (did I?)

The only thing I tried to say (and guessing from your answers I clearly failed to deliver my message) was that I think that IN THE FACTION DESCRIPTIONS there should be NO reference to POINT COSTS/ SPECIAL and RARE CHOICES, because mtw doesn't work like that.

Honestly, I totally fail to see how you interpretted my statements on units as statements about traits???

Do I have to say about prince of caledor: This noble comes from Caledor.

And for the last time, I and Jubal did NOT say we can't use the faction descriptions, we said they should be modified enough to clearly differ from games workshop's intellectual property

Fireblade

So everything is clear now.
    Revan Shan / Mayorcete / Teuton Arrasador

Miguelito Productions' views:
    The best vids in YOUTUBE!
    Miguelito Productions supports:
    SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Revan-Shan
    And good things there Dogman55, I'll add them. Later on, I'm playing Oblivion

Jubal Barca... I don't lie your attitude towards the faction descriptions. Perhaps you have a point there but if we aren't capable of using those faction descriptions we cannot call this game 'Warhammer' Total War and we should name it something like Fantasy Total War.
    Anyway, we should see what others have done, check the unit and faction descriptions of the Warhammer Total War for Rome if you can. They should have the answer.
    You realise I WROTE the ones for rome?

You can write your own descriptions, but if we just copy text out of an army book and modify it a couple times, GW will sue our a$$es off.

Same with unit descriptions, use of original artwork, whatever.

For the Rome mod I've used all our own artwork, our own descriptions, AND I've put discalimers for the Trademarks I've used on EVERY LOADING SCREEN IN THE GAME. This we call 'playing safe'...
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal_Barca
    You realise I WROTE the ones for rome?

You can write your own descriptions, but if we just copy text out of an army book and modify it a couple times, GW will sue our a$$es off.

Same with unit descriptions, use of original artwork, whatever.

For the Rome mod I've used all our own artwork, our own descriptions, AND I've put discalimers for the Trademarks I've used on EVERY LOADING SCREEN IN THE GAME. This we call 'playing safe'...
    So does that mean my stuff is legal? If so, Ill work on more!

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian

The only thing we were thinking of changing was to add a land bridge at the top right corner, so Chaos lands had a natural route south into the Empire lands without relying on the AI to figure out it needed a boat to do it with!

Well another solution to not adding land bridges would be to use XAI as the AI will use boats to move troops around very nicely. heres a link

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...&highlight=xai

just a thoughtful suggestion, not sure if you already saw this or not and decided not to use it.

Otherwise this mod looks kick butt and i cant wait for it to be finished. till then i'll be a lurker

XAI is something I am aware of and will be looking at. The thing causes some serious balancing issues in the stock game ... but no way anything in this mod is standard anyway!

The author seems to have designed it to be flexible in terms of how it is employed, and that is good. It;s not a 'blind alley' kind of deal, but rather something that can be tuned to get a desired effect. Having more use of seaborne invasions is something I want to have anyway. I always considered that the Northmen should be raiding Viking style, and that the High Elves, with no land borders, should be able to move out, or be attacked. There natural tendancies are not expansionist, IMHO, but they should able to expand!
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

*Looks at the map*

How come that the Empire is supposed to be the largest faction, while Chaos has ALOT more territories?

(Yes, I know it's not the final map, but still.)
    "Life is pain, get over it."

Quote Originally Posted by Jonlissla
    *Looks at the map*

How come that the Empire is supposed to be the largest faction, while Chaos has ALOT more territories?

Because the Chaos factions will be split into four groups representin' the four chaos gods. The Empire is United!

And United they shall stand!

And fall! The age of man shall come to an end! And the Original Masters shall retake their rightful spot atop the Warhammer world!

Best Joke I've heard in a while! Rite Dogman, all i have to say is...

For The Empire, And for Sigmar!
    Last edited by Eufarius; 01-06-2008 at 05:26.

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

Do you know why Empire is so great?because with every kingdom they take,with every crusade they make and with every expedition they sent,they bring back their defeated enemies and put them in the imperial zoo,for everybody who pass outside from the zoo,laughts with his heart with these mutations as the lizardmen or anything else that the world has bring.that's why empire is so great,it has nothing to fear but only to laugh.muhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahha
    "VAE VICTUS"

Quote Originally Posted by alexader
    Do you know why Empire is so great?because with every kingdom they take,with every crusade they make and with every expedition they sent,they bring back their defeated enemies and put them in the imperial zoo,for everybody who pass outside from the zoo,laughts with his heart with these mutations as the lizardmen or anything else that the world has bring.that's why empire is so great,it has nothing to fear but only to laugh.muhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahha
    muhahahahha My army is growing Dogman hahahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonlissla
    *Looks at the map*

Also, I'd assume chaos controlled all of the chaos wastes, so chaos probably is bigger, but it's just not mapped or charted by other races since you go mad/get corrupted if you get close to the wastes. And also, as pointed out by others, they're divided and squabbling amoungst themselves.

Foolish men, all of you! WE bred your ancestors from the suckling parasites our masters made you. Your race has always been guilty of arrogance, and the skulls atop our temples and altars lay testament to that. Just wait, for soon the moon will be stained red, and the cold blooded keepers will cage the wild pets of the Old Ones.

"Foolish men, all of you! WE bred your ancestors from the suckling parasites our masters made you. Your race has always been guilty of arrogance, and the skulls atop our temples and altars lay testament to that. Just wait, for soon the moon will be stained red, and the cold blooded keepers will cage the wild pets of the Old Ones."

Dogman55,from where you saying that,from a cage locked up in the imperial zoo?muahhahahahahaahahah,silence beast or there is no food today.muhahahhahaahahah.gentlemen,as you pass from here,there is a cage with one so called sent from the old ones,a beast not any more fearfull,but mastered,let me show you.ON YOUR FEAT LIZARD!!!!!!good boy,now go back,back or there is no food.shall we pass down to the other cages?we have some zombies,they are so sweet,and a vampire on the back.

I know what is your fear!!!!your fear is a cage!!!a cage in the imperial zoo!!!!!muahahahahahahahhahaahahahahhaha
    "VAE VICTUS"

And while the people of the empire spend their times at the zoo, the druchii train for war once more and launch raids on your coastline. What can they do about that, nothing...

Men shall be sacrificed on the altar of Khaine.

Fireblade

yeah yeah,if you get close enough to the shore to land,do you see by the way the cannonballs flying over your head?ok let's say you have landed,then just remember if you have seen the saving of private ryan<<OMAHA BEACH>> you know,we have gun powder,try if you like to make a beachhead,hell awaits you,and all of you in the beach.Empire is the only power that can differ the kind of war,from hack to slash into boom and (for the enemy)<<FIND SOME COVER,KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN OR YOU LOSE IT.-INCOMINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.OHHH SHIT,THEY BRING TANKS,WHAT ELSE THEY HAVE,STAY AT YOUR FOXHOLE.SNIPERSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN,-WE CAN'T STAY SIR,CALL THE SHIPS TO BRING US BACK!!!!!>>also for us<<WE NEED ARTILLERY CONCENTRATION,ON POSITION ONE HUNDREND,LEFT TWO HUNDREND.FIRE FOR EFFECT!!!!!!!!!!KEEP THE TANK AT FRONT,USE THE TANKS FOR COVER!!!!ANDVANCE WITH THE TANKS!!!!!sniper at position sir,awaiting target order!!!!COVERING FIREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!GET THEM PINNED DOWN!!!!!!!!!!WE NEED AN AIRSTRIKE(you know the pigeon bombs)....-Aaaaaaa SIR!!!-YES!!!-SHOULD WE CLOSE WITH THE ENEMY???USE THE KNIGHTS????-Aaaa no,we don't have to.keep the firing platoons at front,HOLD THE LINE!!!!!I NEED FIRE SUPERIORITY!!!!>>that's how empire fights.did it looks like with something familiar????hmmmmm....................
    "VAE VICTUS"

Quote Originally Posted by alexader
    "Foolish men, all of you! WE bred your ancestors from the suckling parasites our masters made you. Your race has always been guilty of arrogance, and the skulls atop our temples and altars lay testament to that. Just wait, for soon the moon will be stained red, and the cold blooded keepers will cage the wild pets of the Old Ones."

Dogman55,from where you saying that,from a cage locked up in the imperial zoo?muahhahahahahaahahah,silence beast or there is no food today.muhahahhahaahahah.gentlemen,as you pass from here,there is a cage with one so called sent from the old ones,a beast not any more fearfull,but mastered,let me show you.ON YOUR FEAT LIZARD!!!!!!good boy,now go back,back or there is no food.shall we pass down to the other cages?we have some zombies,they are so sweet,and a vampire on the back.

I know what is your fear!!!!your fear is a cage!!!a cage in the imperial zoo!!!!!muahahahahahahahhahaahahahahhaha
    I say this from atop my temple in Hexatol. LOrd Mazzumdi stands beside me, in trance. I have been preparing my Saurus kin for a coming of the Dark ones, damned foolish elves. You Men of the empire brag of your zoo, pathetic. We fear nothing, I've seen more revolutions of the son then the whole of your pathetic 'college' of magic. We shall meet on the field of battle. Lord Mazzumdi will not bring fire to rain on your heads, I want the pleasure of slicing you in half myself.

On the note: Will we be able to play against eachother online? THat'd be AMAZING!
    Last edited by Dogman55; 01-12-2008 at 21:01.

ok when the mod is done, you and I dogman shall go.
    For the empire.

I will slaughter all three of you empire dogs in the name of Sotek! And the moon will cry Red with joy, for the serpent god will feast on your flesh! For the Old ones!

the Old ones blathering fools...

FOR SIGMAR!!!!!

Time for a "my faction is better than yours" thread?

No it isn't. Mine's better!

(And my dad can beat your dad...)
    Last edited by Silly Knicket; 01-15-2008 at 10:53.

Please stop the absolutly pointless and annoing spam. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogman55
    I will slaughter all three of you empire dogs in the name of Sotek! And the moon will cry Red with joy, for the serpent god will feast on your flesh! For the Old ones!
    is where it should have ended tbh

btw looking at that map the britonians have a bit to many places dont they?
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

How come the dark elves the the crapiest fraction what happened to the 7 tower of naggoroth like kar krond or .... (i got the book i just can't be bothered to get it.)

My intention wasn't to troll/hijack the thread in anyway, to be honest. Was just havin' a bit of fun, sorry if it got anyone in a tizzy. I mean, what else can we do to contain our excitement for the mod, anyway?

Yeah guys lighten up. Me and Dogman55 are sorry if it seemed like we were spamming the thread.( Empire>Lizzies) We'll take this outside.
    The Brettonnians do have a bit too many places but that's up to Bwian to figure out.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast