Thread: Need a tutorial or help plz

protector of Taxandria Member Marcus Furius Camillus's Avatar

Question Need a tutorial or help plz

Hello lad's, me again, I'd like to learn how to make nice 2-D or 3-D immages, but I don't know where I can learn it, and I haven't got any friends who can help me, so plz will you help me

Marcus Furius Camillus
    the one
    -Once killing starts, it is difficult to draw the line

- C. Cornelius Tacitus

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Default Re: Need a tutorial or help plz

Hello Marcus Furius Camillus,

The best bet is to look around in the modding forums, which game do you plan to work on?
    Ja mata

TosaInu

I'd like to make some 3-D units and faction signs in Rome: Total war - and Empire:Total War - style. could annyone tell me where I can learn it or any site ...

- C. Cornelius Tacitus

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_links.php?catid=70 lists modding guides for RTW.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Are there some modding guides for MTW (and ETW) ?

- C. Cornelius Tacitus

Post Re: Need a tutorial or help plz

Hi Marcus Furius Camillus,
    You can find guides for modding Medieval: Total War here, and modding Medieval II: Total War here. If you are planning to make any changes to your M2:TW installation, you will have to unpack the files first. You may want to ask about this here.

Empire: Total War hasn't yet been released, so, as of yet, nobody excluding the developers at the CA understand its modding potential.

Hope this is of use to you!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Exclamation Re: Need a tutorial or help plz

Yes it is. Thanks all!
    I've got another problem ( sorry )

I wanted to learn how to make 3 - d units with some tutorials from the scriptorium, but it looks like I can't install the .CAS importerexporter ( maybe because my pc in MS vista ). Is there any possibillity of using some units of my uninstalled EB or something ?
    Or are there any modders who like to share some units ?

another problem are the tutorials. Well, I've got some problems with English. My English isn't that good, you know, so I've got some problems with it.

but, thanks for the help, Lad's

MARCVS, proud to be flemish

content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/8/8d/Flem-reg-flag.PNG

- C. Cornelius Tacitus

Exclamation Re: Need a tutorial or help plz

I want to learn modding, You'll probably know that. The problem: I don't know what programs I need to mod my RTW version. I knew I needed a
    .CAS importerexporter, photoshop and adobe reader. But I don't know what other programs I need and where I could get them. I could search the scriptorium, but that will take a lot of time, and I don't have time !
    So, is there anyone who wants to help me with my questions and my modding problems ? ( maybe someone who speaks Dutch ? )

If you've got time and the knowledge, plz answer this post with a private message

MARCVS*FECIT

- C. Cornelius Tacitus

There are also textfiles, usually having the txt extension, sometimes cfg. So notepad can be used too.

I think you should start with the question what you want to mod and maybe also why. Is it to hobby just to know, do you want something changed or maybe you want to create something to share? RTW and M2TW are big games and a lot can be changed, I recall hoggy did Blue Lotus all by himself (initially), but it seems usually to be whole teams that invest a lot of time to make mods. Of course there are individuals who create parts (tools, units, stats, maps). Maybe you can join a team?

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=224 is the forum where modteams look for help. Maybe you don't know yet how to install the tools, where files are, or what they do. But you may have the skill they look for: drawing artist, voice over, writer, historian, gamer, stat balancer.

There are several experienced RTW modders who talk Dutch.

I can PM some the link to this topic, so they are aware and can help if they have time.

It's more a modchat than ETW topic, so it will likely get more views in the modding forums. I'll move it a few times.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Furius Camillus
    another problem are the tutorials. Well, I've got some problems with English. My English isn't that good, you know, so I've got some problems with it.

I'm taking for granted that you speak Dutch, if so and there is a language issue just copy the relevant part here, including me there are plenty of Dutch-speaking people around to give you a hand in a translation (however you could have fooled me with your english ..;))

G

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Now I must say that I'm not that much into graphics. But if you encounter problems with the tutorials, you can add me to msn or something, I'm flemish.
    But I can surely help with textfiles, also I know other persons who can help with the rest if I can't. Though, I'll try to help you, I nor anyone else will really tutor you. Modding is something you learn by yourself, You can ask questions, help etc,... but most of it you need to learn by yourself. Modders usually don't have time.

Anyway, I'll try to help and awnser your questions, when I can.

Thumbs up Re: Need a tutorial or help plz

Thanks lad's, that was the answer I needed. I don't need a tutor, but someone who can help me with some questions.

sorry, but I've already got one question: It looks like I can't install the .CAS exporter. Do I need to install something else first or is it just my computer ( or the lad behind it ) ?

again, thanks for the help.
    a answer to other questions: I want to learn modding, just to change some parts of my game ( Like those flamin' javelins, overhand grip for hoplites and adding new units) Sorry if making a new thread seems egocentric or something, but that wasn't my intention.
    Thanks for telling me the name of the forum where the MOD teams look. Maybe Ican help as a part - time hist. or something

( And if you'd like to know, I'm Flemish. )

To end: THANKS FOR THE HELP

- C. Cornelius Tacitus

You mentioned using Vista. The RTW modder couldn't tell whether Vista is supported, many people still use XP. Vercingetorix wrote the tool in C++, he's still around and may be able to tell you whether it works. PM Vercingetorix

You're welcome.
    Ja mata

TosaInu