Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 17 Centruy IH

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 17 Centruy IH

We Declare War on Austria,Russia and Brandenburg for their Deifenice. We also Declare War on Poland for allowing this to be done. We will March to each one of your captiols and burn them to the ground.

Sultan Mehmed IV

Intersting Folks!!!.

I still like Julian (Sweden) and Bopa (Swiss) to post here and confirm they still around, since I'll have the Chapter 1 up in not even a day and a half or so.

And Ottomans are still open to

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I have been insulted!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    I have been insulted!!!

I think the Sultan didn't take a nap

A Confused Asian Member Ayachuco's Avatar
    In the No Man's Land between Homelessness and abject Poverty

Oh No! That must meant that Warman gave the Ottoman Empire souped up stats and a huge army. Someone plz take the Ottomans or else we will be dominated.

The Grand Pensionary
    I, Johan de Witt, declare the Netherland's neutrality in this Crusade against the Ottomans. The United Provinces find no incentives at the moment in attacking our loyal customers of our goods. But my mind has not been set fully in this course of action, yet. Perhaps extended trading rights with other Christian nations and alliances with Sweden and Spain would help loosen the purse strings of the Netherland's treasury. If and only if these conditions are more or less met, then the Crusade may get the financial backing of the mighty Amsterdam Bank.
    Through the ages every weapon has evolved from two basic design philosophies, either a rock or a sharp pointy stick.

"We're not Communists, we're not pinko... we can't be, 'cause you pay to come and see us and we sell t-shirts at our gigs". Cedric Bixler-Zavala of At the Drive-In
    “I grew an afro. Not only did it make me cool, but it did wonders for my career. Oh, and I can get chicks now, too.” Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

IC:

France for now takes a neutral stance in this war, but we ask, kindly, that the Ottoman Empire please stop all hostilities against France's Allys, namely Prussia and Austria. If you continue to be hostile, we may not take a neutral stance.

If Europe wishes to destroy itself, we will not, for now. France also wishes to remind the Ottoman Empire that we barely have to lift a finger to annihilate you. If you wish, you may continue to attack RUssia and Poland, but not Austria or Prussia.

Louis XIV, Duke of Bourbon, King of France, King of Navarre, Duke of Parma, Duke of Seville, Grand Duke of Luxembourg, King of the Two Sicilies

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Draconian
    Oh No! That must meant that Warman gave the Ottoman Empire souped up stats and a huge army. Someone plz take the Ottomans or else we will be dominated.

The Grand Pensionary
    I, Johan de Witt, declare the Netherland's neutrality in this Crusade against the Ottomans. The United Provinces find no incentives at the moment in attacking our loyal customers of our goods. But my mind has not been set fully in this course of action, yet. Perhaps extended trading rights with other Christian nations and alliances with Sweden and Spain would help loosen the purse strings of the Netherland's treasury. If and only if these conditions are more or less met, then the Crusade may get the financial backing of the mighty Amsterdam Bank.

Lol Yes please, take Ottomans. I don't mind doing them for awhile, but if this war takes place, it be hard .

We are Asking Eurpoe to mind their own business. Austria,Prussia, and the rest of the countries here has no need in our interest in Transylvania. We do not want war with them, but if they demand it, we will give it to them!

Sultan Mehmed IV

Blog Entries

Sun Tzu “All Warfare is based on deception”

The Year is 1660

Since 1658, the Ottomans have been expanding their reign over Eastern Europe, particularly in pacifying Wallachia, Moldova and Transylvania. This greatly concerns the young Holy Roman Emperor Leopold I. Not only does he have to worry about the Turkish threat, France also poses a small threat on the Empire’s western border,even though they are now allies. There is some concern about Louis XIV’s potentially growing influence in the German states. Leopold I may be able to call on a militia and the German States for Help in his potential threat in the east, but if Louis XIV’s influence keep growing in the german states, they may not aid him and he may soon have a war, not only on the east, but on his western front also. Transylvania is trying to fight against the Ottomans, but it seems the Ottomans may keep conquering towns in Wallachia,Moldova and Transylvania. Not Only that, Leopold I has to deal with Finacial Instabillty in his country. The 30 years war still has a effect on his treasury somewhat, and back taxes people own do not help matters much. Leopold I and his allies just need to get finacial backing from the Netherlands for things to go easiler

The Ottomans, Under Sultan Mehmed IV are expanding their Empire West, invading Transylvania,Moldova and Wallachia. Venice is still at War with Ottomans, with Muslims forces attacking the town of Candia, which been under siege for years now. The Ottomans are Now dealing with a crusade against them, but they have a large number of jansesseries avabile though.

The Papacy is trying to get Rome back to it's former glory, even though the city has only little more then 100,000 people. THe Papacy is condoning a Crusade that is taking place against the Ottomans. Poland,Austria,Russia,Prussia,Transylvania,Papacy are apart of this crusade so far.

Meanwhile in England, Colonel George Monck and his regiment crosses from Scotland to England at Coldstream and advances to London to support the English Restoration. Samuel Pepys also starts a diary of the events going on here in England. Their nation is Protestant, unlike their Catholic Processors.
    In France, Louis XIV signed the Treaty of the Pyrenees a year before, in 1659, to end its war with Spain. They signed an alliance treaty with Leopold I of Austria/HRE, and are willing to trade with them. Even Though They are now allies with Austria/HRE, Tensions are still up in there in the German States. Although, Louis warned the Ottomans not to lauch a assault on the Austrians/Prussians, but he seems he does not care though if Poland/Russia gets assaulted by them.

Meanwhile, speaking of Russia/Poland, They signed a truce, so Russia is freed from fighintg Poland, they can deal with Ottomans and the Sweds if needed. The Kingdom of Prussia been granted autonomy by Leopold I of Austria, the HRE Leader. His country (Hohenzollerns is still on tense terms with Poland. The Swedish are still at war with Denmark,Prussia/Brandenburg and Russia, but they are still fighting on.

The Swiss became a independet country so to speak from the HRE in 1648. The countries around them are making allanices, but they have yet to make deals.

Countries will Rise and Fall in this Timespan, who will be left standing?

Question for the Crusade (Austria,Russia,Poland,Prussia,Papacy,Transylvania,tell me if I miss someone):

Who will Be Commander-In-Chief of the Force? It can be your Leader. But if so, he must go and fight, and he will raise morale of troops, but he may be killed. You may put a general (real life if you may) in charge also. You guys can discuss it.

Austria/HRE:

1. You signed a alliance treaty with France, Russia and Poland. You also let Elector Frederick of Prussia go ahead and lead his country. At this time, The Crusade is beginning to go ahead and plan on what to do. But should you go ahead with it, even though it’s your idea. If you relieve Transyvainya, they may attack Poland once the crusade is over, and Poland being your ally, which has a bigger army then you at the moment. But if you do not relieve them, you will certainly hear about it. Do you:

A. Send a Relief Force to help Transylvania fight The Turks
    B. Do as above, but launch a assault on Turkish lands also
    C. Send Money and suupiles to Transylvania,but no troops
    D. Nothing,ditch the whole idea
    E. Other?

2. You have ploblems with Backtaxes in Austria and pat of Hungary you control.After paying loans and other things, you have 50,000 gold to spend. You could have more, but have debts to England and Netherlands, plus have to pay your troops You have a standing army of 24,500, 25,000 men really, since you have 500 milita in your capital (I am allowing each capital, and capitals only, in each country to have a minium of 500 milita to defend it). You can Reruict more troops if you wish and Mercenies. You can also build buildings if you wish (PM me what you like to build):

A. Retrucit all 5,000 troops and properly train them, plus hire all 2,500 Mercenies
    B. Hire only a handful of Mercs and 5000 troops
    C. Other?

3.If you do go ahead and Attack the Turks, where would your forces strike at?

Poland:

1.You signed a Truce with Russia, so you can both faced the threat on the east. But you still at war with the Sweds and random Cossack tribes,Do you:

A. Contuine the War with the Sweds/Cossacks
    B. Try to make peace with them (PM)
    C. Other?

2.You are better when it comes to Taxes, but you in a middle of a war, and have to pay 60,000 troops. You have 100,000 gold on you. What do you like to do. You can retruict up to 5,000 troops (regular,pro trained) and 2,500 Mercs. You can also build things also.

3. If you join the Crusade offcaily, Where will you strike at?

The Netherlands:

1. You are not at war with anyone at the moment, but you could finace the crusade. Will you?
    2. You have 200,000 gold at the moment. How many Troops/Mercs would you like to retruict, plus what do you like to build?

England:

1.Charles II recently Took over England. What will you do to reserve the changes made by the Cromwells?

2.Will you Allied with France? Will you join the Crusade? If you do, how will you support them?

3. You have about 45,000 troops as of now. You have about 75,000 gold to spend. What would you like to do with it?

France:

1.You have about 50,000 Troops as of Now. Your Army is one of the best in the world. You have about 125,000 gold to spend. What would you like to do?

2.You are remaining netrual as of now. But your influence in Some of the German States are down, but some of them are rising. How do you address this,even though you allies with Austria/HRE?

3.If you do join the Crusade, what will you do?

Spain:

1.You have 25,000 Troops as of now. Your Country is not as strong as it once was. You have about 25,000 gold, and closing in on going broke. What will you build/retruict?

2. Since your war with France only a year ago, and lost some land,what will you do?

A. Fight France Again, hoping for allies
    B. Remain allies
    C. Nothing
    D. Other?

3.Will you join the Crusade? If so, how many troops will be commited.

Sweden:

1.You are still at war with Poland. What will you do?\

A. Make a Truce
    B. Contiune the War
    C. Other?

2. If you Contuine the War, Where will you strike Poland Next at?

3.You have 45,000 troops. You have 70,000 gold. What do you wish to do with it?

Russia:

1. You made a Truce with Poland. But you still at war with Sweds, what will you do with them?

A. Make A Truce
    B. Still Fight
    C. Other?

2. if you keep fighting, where will you strike next?
    3. You have 250,000 men, a large force indeed. You have 150,000 gold abavile to retrucit/build,lend finacial support. What will you do?
    4. Since you in the Crusade, how many troops will you commit, and where will you attack?
    5. Anything else?

The Swiss:

1.All the countries around you are talking about alliances and wars. What will you do?
    2. If you do go to war, how many troops will you commit? You have about 20,000 troops total, and 40,000 gold to spend.

Transylvania:

1. Your Town of Varad is besiged. What will you do to lift the Siege?
    A. Try to retruict Mercs and Regular milita while you wait for help
    B. Try to keep fighting
    C. Other?

2.You have about 15,000 troops (wild guess) still abavile. You do have some money, not much. 10,000 gold. It can get you about 4,000 troops, or all 2,500 mercs. What will you do?

3.anything else?

Prussia/Brandenburg:

1.You have 25,000 Troops. You have 45,000 gold to spend, what you like to spend it on? How many troops you like to retruict?

2.You are still at war with Sweden, what will you do with them?

3. You have 25,000 troops, how many will you send for the crusade, and where will they strike, or will they join a Austrian or another country's force for a combined strike force?

4.Anything Else?

The Papacy:

1. You have 100,000 Gold to spend on. You Can Retruict 5,000 Swiss Guard for your own protection, and another 10,000 troops (regular and mercs combined) to send to the crusude. what you like to do?

2. What will you do with the Crusade?

3.Anything else?

Good luck boys!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88; 12-03-2007 at 00:16.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

None for me.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

C'mon, I helped start the crusade, and I don't even get any mention in chapter one? At least options like everyone else? Something?
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

I believe that Transylvania is part of the crusade considering that I'm the one who started it. I'll gladly lead the crusade since I'll be involved in the battles anyways.

O yes, Go Pope!!!

Gyorgi Rakosci
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Blog Entries

Yea Sorry guys, I forgot to double check and add the stuff in. My bad, me edit it now!!!

IC:

France wishes to gurantee the independance of the German States. If anyone, even my Allies, tries to take Military Control over the STates in any way or form, our Alliance will be canceled and War carefully considered.

If the Ottomans attack Austria, France will consider War.

Louis XIV, Duke of Bourbon, King of France, King of Navarre, Duke of Parma, Duke of Seville, Grand Duke of Luxembourg, King of the Two Sicilies

Quote Originally Posted by Warluster
    IC:

France wishes to gurantee the independance of the German States. If anyone, even my Allies, tries to take Military Control over the STates in any way or form, our Alliance will be canceled and War carefully considered.

If the Ottomans attack Austria, France will consider War.

I will not take military Control of the German states, independant or not. We are asking the French though, to consider going to war with the Ottomans now and joining the crusade.

Blog Entries

The People of Veince will Join the Crusade against the Turks. We are besieged by the Turks at Candia, but we can hold out, and we can commit 1,000 troops.

Quote Originally Posted by {BHC}AntiWarmanCake88
    We are Asking Eurpoe to mind their own business. Austria,Prussia, and the rest of the countries here has no need in our interest in Transylvania. We do not want war with them, but if they demand it, we will give it to them!

Sultan Mehmed IV

The Infidel Emperor had best start counting the days...until he is expelled from the European Continent.

Jan II Casmir, King of Poland, Archduke of Lithuania

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Leader: Carlos II de España

Alliances: none.

Pacts: None that I am aware of

War: With Portugal, stopped in 1668.

Rebellions: There is popular discunformity about the situation, but there werent rebellions.

Military campaigns: Dominating Soth America

Army Org: 25.000 soldiers

Economy: We are exploiting South America. You know, SA had gold

Trading: I don't think I have problem with anyone to trade

Rule: No idea.

Religions: Catolic, because the kings were.

Social situations: There were propaganda about the situation. Nothing more than that.

Dang, Carlos II made the country a lot of damage. I'm condemned to doom.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

The great and most dutiful nation of Sweden would like to extend an offer of Peace to Poland in order to allow its neighbor to combat the Islamic threat to the south. While we are no friends to the catholics of Poland, we know the the Muslims are an entirely new factor within Europe something we know nothing of and might turn the tide.

We would also like to respectfully ask for the Kingdom of Denmark to renounce their hold over the "Kingdom of Norway" and to stop their nigh puppet rule of the Northern Lands.

Good Emperor Leopold, I will offer the prussians amnesty from my fair country and leave your Noble Alliance to its business if you would support me against the Danes and their influence in the Northern lands. I would also be more than willing to offer you some financial support if you would be willing to put some pressure on the Danes to cede this land.

Russia, I would like to ask for peace and leave you to fight the turks in the South. I am weary of war with your people and know the strength of your army. It is a messy conflict when our armies meet one destined to kill many noble men of Noble birth on both sides so I plead for peace
    Drink Tea

Currently Reading: Nikolai Gogol's dead souls

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

Court of Tsar Alexis

The Tsar will accept Sweden's offer of peace and take no aggression to our northern borders. Russia wishes to mobilize it's forces to it's southern borders and fight the scourge invading Europe.

OOC: I hope someone could help me, I can find jack all on the Swiss of this period, can someone point in the right direction?

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bopa the Magyar
    OOC: I hope someone could help me, I can find jack all on the Swiss of this period, can someone point in the right direction?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancien_...of_Switzerland

nice wikipedia article about them 1648-1700. I will contiune to help you find infromation Bopa

Quote Originally Posted by Julian the apostate
    The great and most dutiful nation of Sweden would like to extend an offer of Peace to Poland in order to allow its neighbor to combat the Islamic threat to the south. While we are no friends to the catholics of Poland, we know the the Muslims are an entirely new factor within Europe something we know nothing of and might turn the tide.

We would also like to respectfully ask for the Kingdom of Denmark to renounce their hold over the "Kingdom of Norway" and to stop their nigh puppet rule of the Northern Lands.

Good Emperor Leopold, I will offer the prussians amnesty from my fair country and leave your Noble Alliance to its business if you would support me against the Danes and their influence in the Northern lands. I would also be more than willing to offer you some financial support if you would be willing to put some pressure on the Danes to cede this land.

Russia, I would like to ask for peace and leave you to fight the turks in the South. I am weary of war with your people and know the strength of your army. It is a messy conflict when our armies meet one destined to kill many noble men of Noble birth on both sides so I plead for peace

We will do our Best to help you pressure the Danes. Your financial help will be appaecaite!

Blog Entries

Deadline is This Friday,Decemeber 7th

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

Hmmm... There was no Kingdom of Prussia at that time - if Brandenburg declares it is becomes one Poland would see it as declaration of war because legally speaking Kingdom of Prussia would be a successor of eutonic Order so would threaten Polish possessions in Pomerelia ( Danzig, Thorn/Torun etc.) called Royal Prussia at that time.

About the rest I won't speak, but the Ottomans, Poland and probably Russia have just commited suicide.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

People of Germany:

Please don't trust France words. They want power, they can have it. France is a threat for our nations. We had to gave some settlements because of the MURDERER that is Louis XIV.

Have a nice day

Carlos II

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

To the nations of Europe.

The peoples of the Swiss Confederation wish to make this statement.

That in the event of any war between the great powers of Europe we shall stay neutral and continue the trade of goods between the nations. We shall accept requests for loans from any country which needs them, if payment is not met, then our armies will.

We shall hire out regiments of our men to those we deem needing of their services.

We wish all nations to agree to thie proposal for the good of Europe.

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

Do not Worry, People of the Swiss Conferderation, we Will not invade you, or do any harm to you people! We will respect your Netrual stance. Spain, I understand Spain's concerns very well, along with Frederick's, but can we try to get along if possible without going to war?

Leopold I, Holy Roman Emperor
    Last edited by MaddenKhan2; 12-04-2007 at 04:34.

To King Louis:

The matters of the German states are just that German matters, hardly any of your business. Alliance or not if you make any attempt in German affairs it will be met with stiff Prussian political and military resistance if necessary. We wish to continue our good relations with you, but if you force our hand we will not back down.

King Frederick William I of Prussia

Blog Entries

To King Louis:

We also are demanding that Louis stay out of German Affrais. Also for the information of another nations,We will join in on the Crusade against the Turks.

German State of Bavaria

We are staying out of German Affairs, we are not invading Germany or anything. France is only guartening that if someone else meddles in the German States we will flatten them.

France wishes for Spain to stick their nose out of our buisness. We only have to remind you war would not be a good thing for you at this hour, we only have to remind you are the MURDERER. We do not war, but a peaceful Europe.

You, Carlos, are obviously the murderer, openly wanting war but accusing other nations of nonexsistant things. We also wish to warn Brandenburg off.

warn me off?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast