Thread: A question......

Hello,
    You guys always talk about 'vets' and ''veterans' of the game but what i want to know is:
    how do you class a 'vet', do they have to be playing along time, do they have to win! what is it. I was asked this online and i couldn't give the person an answer so i was just wondering if any of u guys could enlighten me?! thnx
    Cya WarlordWarrior

------------------
    Have a nice day
    Die with Honour...
    Clan Warlord
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

To be a "veteran" you must-

1)have 5 wives
    2)fight 1000 battels
    3)be able to drink a bottle of vodka in 20 seconds.
    only then you will be a true "veteran"!

------------------
    "A WISE MAN ONCE SAID,LETS KICK THAIR ASS!"

[This message has been edited by borisus (edited 05-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by borisus (edited 05-01-2001).]
    "A WISE MAN ONCE SAID,LETS KICK THAIR ASS!"

Senior Member Senior Member BlackWatch McKenna's Avatar

well - downing a bottle of Wodka in 20 seconds explains the five wives...

...i guess it could explain 1,000 battles, also.
    // Black

// "Did we win?"

Senior Member Senior Member Obake's Avatar

Jag,

I don't think that there's a clear-cut answer to your question. Having been online since August, I guess some would call me a vet, but then again, there are some who didn't start until Christmas and I would still call THEM vets as well.

The only thing I can tell you for sure is that just because someone wins often they are not automatically classified as "Veterans".

I guess you could probably classify most of us grizzled and scarred old folks veterans.

Now let me ask you a question....What does it matter?

------------------
    Obake

I warned you, but did you listen? Ohh, no...it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it?
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

pretty much wot Obake says..i think people judge u as a vet against how well they appaear to play and how long u have been playin...i mean i have been playin nearly a year..but lack comp battles..some people class me as a vet and some don't...no real answer to the question
    "The only certainties in life are that we are born and we die. The rest is just a sea of complexity"

Hello
    Obake i just wanted to know what the deal was with it, thnx anyway 4 replying.
    hehe borisus, but i say 20 seconds for a bottle of vodka.. hah i laugh at u..... give them credit the most it takes them is 15!!! they drink it just b4 the game loads 4 the battle, u wonder y magy leads the wolves.. all that drinking b4 the games! hehe jking all
    Cya WarlordWarrior

------------------
    Have a nice day
    Die with Honour...
    Clan Warlord
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

A vet is an animal doctor?

heh i've been playing since the week this game came out. I don't play online much because of lag and unstable servers but i am starting to play more online now. I guess i can be considered a vet. I win most of my online battles (but my record is terrible b/c i lost so many due to lag/droppouts/etc...)

NO, NO, BlackWatch Mckenna you got it wrong..It's the other way around, The five wives explain downing the bottle of vodka in 20 seconds.

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

Vet? Hmmm...I dunno. Maybe the word, "regular" is a better term. But then people might mistake that for one's...um, digestive schedule rather than gamesmanship.
    At this point, being a Veteran is really a matter of self-declaration and the community's acceptance of you with that definition.