Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something that I think will be helpful.

Default Something that I think will be helpful.

I think that at the beginning of a turn a little icon should appear (like the ones that scroll down on the side), if a rebel army appears in your territory.
    It can give information like, what terrirory, and perhaps it can have different titles such as "Large brigand army has appeared in XXXX Settlement" for a large rebel army, and something like "Minor brigand army has appeared in XXXX Settlement" for a smaller rebel army.

What do you guys think?
    I think it will be helpful, because as your empire gets larger, sometimes I overlook a small rebel army when I am scrolling across the map; (especially when the city boxes are in the way).

Also quick question: Do rebels take away from the local city's population?

Default Re: Something that I think will be helpful.

I wouldn't appreciate this function. It would make the Watchtowers less necessary and the game easier. And IMO hard to spot rebels kinda ment to be this way.
    I like to conquer.

Quote Originally Posted by Palasta
    I wouldn't appreciate this function. It would make the Watchtowers less necessary and the game easier. And IMO hard to spot rebels kinda ment to be this way.
    signed

It would also make it less fun if you knew what to expect. The most fun rebel armies to fight are those that ambush you in the forest when you are marching without any inkling there was even a rebel army there.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Are you guys pussies or what? Come on show some balls!

*blink*

now what was that for? Mind your language.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Isn't this game about attacking and taking control of factions? If you want the engine to do this for you it Kind of makes this game obsolete. Am I wrong? Heilong, come on attack!
    Last edited by fatsweets; 11-24-2007 at 08:09.

Quote Originally Posted by fatsweets
    Isn't this game about attacking and taking control of factions? If you want the engine to do this for you it Kind of makes this game obsolete. Am I wrong? Heilong, come on attack!
    Did you bother reading the posts at all? The OP proposed this with EVERYONE else politely opposing the idea of having the engine inform you of rebel armies entering your lands.

What you said was not only insulting and stupid but pretty irrelevant as well...did you even post on the right topic? No ones said anything about attacking or controlling factions..

taponjum,

I am very sorry if I hurt your feelings, I was merely trying to persuade the writer to play the game and play it to the end because the end is great. Without holding prejudice towards the matter.

taponjum,

I am very sorry if I hurt your feelings, I was merely trying to persuade the writer to play the game and play it to the end because the end is great. Without holding prejudice towards the matter.
    I shed a few tears, but I think its made me a stronger man.

The writer didn't say anything about finishing the game or not.

This is a game not a major thing in our lives, I was merely saying to play the game and not look to the computer to inform him of every happening! That is it! Am I so wrong for even mention this?

That post right there completely confused me with your intentions. No one said anything about having the engine attack and take control of factions, notifying of rebel forces will infact though ruin the whole element of surprise.

I just had an awesome battle where as Hayastan a half stack rebel force snuck its way past my defenses and attacked my capital which was only protected by a fresh caucasian spearmen unit and a small FM unit. Something like 250 men vs 1500.

Managed to kill all but a few men while losing only about 75 myself. Has got to be one of the funnest battles I've fought. Especially the thought of losing my CAPITAL to rebels.

The surprise is definitely much more entertaining.

Am I so wrong for even mention this?
    You're so wrong in the way you mentioned this !Your first post was kinda offensive
    Last edited by kambiz; 11-24-2007 at 09:22.

Forgotten Empire

Quote Originally Posted by kambiz
    You're so wrong in the way you mentioned this !Your first post was insulting
    Personally, thats something I would say to my friends, its not insulting to me but I know there are many more sensitive and mature people who view this forum who do not appreciate that kind of talk.

I learned this the hard way when I mentioned the word down syndrome and everyone jumped on me

Tapojanman,

Let's fight! Just kidding, hey no big deal.

Okay,

People I said some things that are not polite and maybe out of line, I apologize, especially to the originator of this post. But, you do have to admit that the game can't advise you of every little thing that happens.

Very sorry for my original post that may have offended some,

My best regards,

fatsweets

Anyway, I do not think it is possible to get a message about random rebel armies spawning.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Yes, exactly. What a complete waste of time.

Locky?
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

I wouldn't call it a bad suggestion, it's just that it probably isn't possible with the engine.

Uneasy with Command Member Treverer's Avatar

... but what about a pop-up refering to the Boii?

Ok, ok, I'm a bit nerved by all these "Help! Brigants!" and "WTF... Alpes" threads.

Yours,
    T.

P.S. Sorry for the "WTF".
    Towards the end of the book, the Moties quote an old story from Herodotus:

"Once there was a thief who was to be executed. As he was taken away he made a bargain with the king: In one year he would teach the king's favorite horse to sing hymns."
    "The other prisoners watched the thief singing to the horse and laughed. 'You will not succeed,' they told him. 'No one can.' To which the thief replied, 'I have a year, and who knows what will happen in that time. The king might die. The horse might die. I might die. And perhaps the horse will learn to sing.'"

There could be added messages about the powerful spawned freemen. But event messages have proven to be somewhat unstable at times. I don't think we will add more in EB1.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

It is impossible to code such a system in RTW.

edit:

if you look at the province details scroll you can see the income details of your settlement. The income details show little icons representing the sources of income and losses (trade / harvest / Governeur ; Army forces / korruption / devastation). Devastation is showing if a tile or more is occupied by an enemy force, if this province hasn't seen some figthing in years (because it has no borders to the enemy factions) the devastation is caused by a rebell popup army, you only need to search the province and destroy it. It's a bit unhandy but it's the only way it works.
    Last edited by Bonny; 11-24-2007 at 15:36.

Lol... People still play with rebels turned on? I'd only let rebels appear if they were scripted and didn't just pop up in 1 unit armies outside a city with a green happy face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny

Devastation is showing if a tile or more is occupied by an enemy force, if this province hasn't seen some figthing in years (because it has no borders to the enemy factions) the devastation is caused by a rebell popup army, you only need to search the province and destroy it....
    ARE U SERIOUS??????????? I didn't know those little rebel units caused me $$!

No wonder why I am broke all the time I have rebels all over my lands.

I guess I am going to:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU2Q...eature=related
    Last edited by NeoSpartan; 11-24-2007 at 20:46.

Yes of course they do. Did you never ever play through the tutorial Camapain?
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSpartan
    ARE U SERIOUS??????????? I didn't know those little rebel units caused me $$!

No wonder why I am broke all the time I have rebels all over my lands.

I guess I am going to:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU2Q...eature=related

What have you thought they do?

In addition: Just can't comprehend the rebelproblem. I usually have no problem to spot unwelcome guests in my territory and in every larger FOW-area i place a watchtower, beholding my the empire, to see where rebelscum pops up and vanish them from the surface immediatly. ATM (211BC) they trouble me a lot. Even a larger rebelarmy appeared in northern italy, with two units of FKK (Gaesatae).
    I like to conquer.

Uneasy with Command Member Treverer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Palasta
    FKK (Gaesatae).
    Towards the end of the book, the Moties quote an old story from Herodotus:

"Once there was a thief who was to be executed. As he was taken away he made a bargain with the king: In one year he would teach the king's favorite horse to sing hymns."
    "The other prisoners watched the thief singing to the horse and laughed. 'You will not succeed,' they told him. 'No one can.' To which the thief replied, 'I have a year, and who knows what will happen in that time. The king might die. The horse might die. I might die. And perhaps the horse will learn to sing.'"

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve
    Lol... People still play with rebels turned on? I'd only let rebels appear if they were scripted and didn't just pop up in 1 unit armies outside a city with a green happy face.
    Can you turn them off anyway?
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios
    Yes of course they do. Did you never ever play through the tutorial Camapain?
    Heh. Turned that one around!
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios
    Camapain?
    Camapain?!

Camapain!?

Got you Tellos! Ohh, the satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouzafphaerre
    Can you turn them off anyway?
    Yes , in descr_strat I think, you can switch them off by setting the respawn value to 999999. But you stilll get pirates in the baltic, I believe.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast