Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faction thread 8: Lizardmen

Default Re: Faction thread 8: Lizardmen

Perhaps Castles could take on a different role for the Lizardmen? Like I suggested, what if they were the Giant Monuments of Ziggurats they made? It would create an interesting defensive position as well, defending at the top or different levels or a Ziggurat.

Awesome Cold One Knight Member Goncalou's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: Faction thread 8: Lizardmen

Quote Originally Posted by Dreq-Kai
    Sorry to double post, but I forgot to add, as per the Campaign map;

If you were to extend the map south more to include a bit of Lustria, you could solve your Vampire Counts area problem too. As there is the Vampire Coast. This could be a bit of a stronghold for Vampire Counts in case they get wiped out in the old world.

Theres also a few other human/norse settlements there too.
    from what i no they r including lustria
    It's a fool's race to be run, if all is lost if it be won.

Talking Re: Faction thread 8: Lizardmen

Hello to all,

I'm new here on the forum, specifically joining since I found this mod. As a Lizardmen and Warhammer player, I was understandably filled with glee when I found out a new mod was being made. i do not own Medieval, but i'm gonig to bu it when this mods betas are released.

As a Lizardmen player, I find it a bit of my duty to both help you think through this faction, as well and humbly and respectfully advise that certain things are done.

Alright? Let's begin!

Oh, I happen to have access to the Lizardmen book, which I will be referencing. After looking through this board, I noticed that you are concerned about copyright infringement, correct? I will hold off on adding links, or citing things word for word.

*Ahem*

Here is some suggestions for units;

Saurus Warriors- An Obvious choice. But not to be confused with...
    Saurus Spearmen- Theres an option to give Sauri spears, so, it seems natural to go this way.

Skink Skirmishers- I beleive the same should be done for Skinks. Skirmishers would have Javalins, while...
    Skink Blowpipers- would have the blowpipes we Lizardmen Players lvoe so dearly.

Temple Guard- Fluffwise, these units are Slann Bodyguards, so I don't know what you folks will be doing with the Slann. If making them a unit on their own, they would have a pretty good armor save, and be elite troops.

Stegadon- Ever since I played Rome and saw the elephants, I thought of these fellows. Note- There is a mini bolt thrower on the back.

Salamander- Salamanders are a fire-breathing creature. I am unaware to your plans for these, and they may be tricky.

Terradon- From what I've read, you are unable to make flyers.

Chameleon Skinks- Elite Skinks, able to hide anywhere. This would be lower on the priority list, but nevertheless, its an enjoyed unit.

Saurus Cavalry- Heavy Cavalry. I think its a safe assumption to think you will be making Cold One models? I think the Dark elves use them as well...

Jungle Swarms- Swarms. simple enough.

Arcanodon- I feel compelled to push for this monster, it is simply awe-inspiring. The only problem is, there is no official model for it in the range. But GW seems to accept a custom model... I can't post URLs yet, so maybe I'll add them in a later post.

Now, you're probably thinking, "Whats the Arcanodon?" Fair question. Its a new unit made in the Lustria Book. From what I can tell, it will become a new unit in the range next edition. It calls down comets. Pretty sweet, eh?

Specialized Units

Now, I understand you are going to be making certain units specific to certain areas? Here's some ideas.

Red Crested skinks These are skinks that have formed into regiments. They have the spawning of sotek.

Horned One Riders- Skink fast Cavalry. These are a Southlands exclusives though. But they aren't on your campaign map... which I want to talk about later.

----

Campaign Map

I don't mean to complain, I really don't. I understand that you have alot of work on your plate, and I honestly don't mean to give you seconds. But I feel compelled to talk about the map.

Well... Lizardmen don't live in Naggoroth... Their highest city is in Hexoatl, and its on the land bridge where the Warhammer equivalent of Mexico is. From what I can tell from them map, they aren't anywhere close.

Another idea, as to eleviate the problem of Lizardmen going north to Dark Elves, and Chaos going south, and the Dark Elves being killed, is an idea;

Add some Southland territories. This could contest that massive Tomb Kings Empire, thats bound to blitzkrieg into the Empire soon, at least for a few turns while they mobilize.

---

If I can be of any use, feel free to ask. I would like to help the project as much as I can.
    arent the lizardmen also in the warhammer equivalent of india, and australia

Thumbs up Re: Faction thread 8: Lizardmen

I dunno if Kroxigor Ancients should be another unit. Its mostly a regiment leader upgrade. Also, although they are copusins of the Saurus, they are bred to use in the cities, and their Spawn pools are in the city.

I definately agree that Saurus' should be castle units. And obviously, Temple Guards too.

By looking at the Temple city Map on Pg. 19 of the Lizardmen Book, I would advise;

Dome of Huanchi- Allows training of Skink Spy
    Temple of Huanchi- Chameleon Skinks, Chameleon Assassin

Corral Arena- Horned One Riders
    Upgrade to Temple of Itzl- Saurus Cavalry

Spawn Pools of the Laborer- Kroxigors

Blood Shrine of Sotek- Saurus Warriors/Spearmen [Sotek], Swarms - [Enables Public Sacrifice, like Gladiator Games?]
    Blood Temple of Sotek- Red Crested Skink [Sotek] - [Enables Public Sacrifice, like Gladiator Games?]

Ziggurat of Quetzl- Saurus Warriors/Spearmen [Quetzl]

Great Statue of Tlazcotl- Saurus Warriors/Spearmen [Tlazcotl]

Barrios of the Worker- [Trader Equivalent]
    Greater Barrios of the Worker [Market Equivalent]

Mortuary Shrines of the Holy- -1 Squalor
    Sun Temple of Chotec- -1 Squalor +1 "Fertility"
    Floating Garden of Lost Xholankha- +1 Law
    The Guardians- +1 Law

Hunter Camps*- Salamander, +1 Farm
    Hunters Enclave*- Stegadon, Arcanodon +1 Farm

Temple to the Old Ones*- [Main city Building] Skink Skirmishers, Skink Diplomat
    Great Temple to the Old Ones*- Skink Blowpipers

Spawning Pool of the Warrior- Saurus Warrior [then can customize from what other buidlings are built]

*- I had to make these up.
    that sounds pretty sweet. except i think the spawnings should be more like blacksmiths and armouries, if possible three different types of armouries. That would be sweet!

Welcome Goncalou!

I feel I must give you a few tips. You should try and not post more than once in a row. Combine your posts to save space. Also, be careful with what you quote, as it can take up a lot of the page if you do not specifically quote something.

No, I beleive you are mistaken.

India - The Kingdom of Ind [I believe its a human territory]
    Australia- No WH equivalent.

And in terms of the map, I do not beleive they are including all of Lustria, though I am hoping they do.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Aren't they in the WH equivalent of Central America, hence the similarities with Aztec/Maya/Inca cultures?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal
    Aren't they in the WH equivalent of Central America, hence the similarities with Aztec/Maya/Inca cultures?
    Central ,and South America. As well as having the southland Lizardmen in Africa.Oh, and the Dragon Isle Lizardmen, who are cannibalistic. And apperantly there are some in the Hinterlands of Khuresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreq-Kai View Post
    Central ,and South America. As well as having the southland Lizardmen in Africa.Oh, and the Dragon Isle Lizardmen, who are cannibalistic. And apperantly there are some in the Hinterlands of Khuresh.
    Aren't there also lizard on the island with the lost city of the old ones on it.

I can't wait lizardmen will be my first faction to use

Quote Originally Posted by Dreq-Kai View Post
    cannibalistic? arent they dinosaurs? They'll eat anything lol

Still, Lizardmen don't eat their own, no matter the circumstances. The Dragon Isle ones have lost touch with the Slann, the guiders of the race. Hence, they have reverted to a more animalistic society, in turn being canibalistic.

I haven't read anything about Lizardmen in regards to eating other lizards.

Oh, and since we'll be getting our new edition early 2009, its good Lizardmen aren't started yet, as then we can get the new units and looks.

We're getting another redo? Didn't we just get one like, 2 years ago? Or are updates really that often?

And yeah, it has been mentioned in the codex about those saurus becoming like annimals, including become canibals.

Well, I started Lizardmen in... 2004, so they are at least four years old, at 6th edition.

Theres a lot of rumours about new unit types we'll be getting like;
    Arcanodon/Stegadon plastic set
    Skink Cohorts and Skink Riders [Dunno if Horned ones or not]

And most bizarre of all, Snakemen, who'll be like archers. I guess kind of based on the Mayans.

If you want all the rumours here's a link, I'd take it with a grain of salt though;
    http://www.pyramidvault.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2323

Don't we already have Skink Riders and skink archers in the List separated from the normal Lustrian set?

Yes, but I think what they mean is theyll be brought back into the normal list. With official models.

Meh, I don't think I like that too much... I always saw the Lizardmen as a giant steamroller. You best keep your distance from the slow, methodical steam roller. If they add the fast calvalry and more small, nimble units, I think it'll detract from and ruin that theme the Lizardmen hold so well.

I've noticed that in new editions, they are trying to make the armies all the more balanced, and lose their special playing styles. I do prefer the strength and weaknesses, as you said.

Well the mod best play to those strengths and weaknesses, just as every Total War game has played! Good thing I don't play the TT ^_^

Dogman, how can you not play the tabletop, start right away or you'll be dubbed a heretic and be burned at the stake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12