Thread: Faction Thread 12: Dogs of War

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Faction Thread 12: Dogs of War

If it does not fit in any of the listed factions, but has such a need to be here, then this is your last hope to see it in the initial release. Discuss them here, and if there is enough call, and we can make it happen...then it may well appear as a mercenary unit for hire!
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

Default Re: Faction Thread 12: Dogs of War

Oooo Oooooo I know! I know! Halflings would be soooo easy and cool to make!

I have no experience and no clue about how to mod.....But couldnt you just shrink some British peasants, increase their size, or skeleton....and maybe fiddle with their faces or clothes?
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

I feel that dogs of war shuld be a oppertunity for players to controll other races than their playing factions.

Well, Tilean pike formations is a quite usual mercenary in the Empire (greek armored hoplites), And culd be used as a rebel garrison to the tilean cities.

Arab foot soldiers are not so usual.. but a neccesary enemy to the Tomb Kings in the beginning.. (to prvent the skeletons steamrolling)

Giants are a high cost mercenary for the orcs and chaos.

If your adding the mercenary unit's as just normal units (which is much better than unique ones), then that means you could perhaps do the different Pikemen models as different armour upgrades or something.
    So say for the Pikemen, Leopold's Leopard Company could be un-upgraded Pikemen, Pirazzo's Lost Legion could be +1 armour upgrade, the Alcatani Fellowship +2 armour and Ricco's Republican Guard +3 armour.
    That way we can see all our favourite units for the price of one!

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

How is "Dogs of War" not just another way to say "Mercenary". And don't we have a thread on this already? That I made
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg
    How is "Dogs of War" not just another way to say "Mercenary". And don't we have a thread on this already? That I made
    I preferred writing the word mercenary.
    I guess Bwian wanted to make an official Dogs of War thread.

Anyhow, I hope that we can see all the different unit's, perhaps not under their Warhammer tabletop name, as each of them is a unique unit which wouldn't make it easy or practical to add in.
    If the team take a page from the Ravening Hordes Dog's of War in WD 231, they could just have it so each mercenary unit falls under a category such as Pikemen, Paymaster Guard or Crossbowmen.
    This would be much better as that will allow units to be recruited more often.