Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: New installer for Europa Barbarorum with Barbarian Invasion

Default Re: New installer for Europa Barbarorum with Barbarian Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Theages
    Try the following:
    change to folder %your RTW path%\EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion
    locate descr_strat.txt
    open it with notepad
    change line 6 from "campaign imperial_campaign" to "campaign barbarian_invasion" (without the quotes)

that should do the trick.
    Nope, it does not help :/ Anyone got ideas, why?

Quote Originally Posted by fallingcow
    I have installed 1.1.0.3 from the above link, and am getting the "please select an item from the list" error when I click on EB Main Campaign.

Additionally, when I exit the game, I get an error box in Windows saying that there's an error on line 31 column 1 of eb\data\world\maps\campaign\barabarian_invasion\descr_strat.txt
    This error should only appear, when you have altered the descr_strat.txt.

I ran into that problem a few hours ago when trying to manually get nightbattles enabled in my installation.
    After I changed descr_strat.txt (in D:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\EBV1 mod\EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion) to contain "options bi" and "night_battles_enabled" without the ";" in front of them, the checkbox in the prebattle screen always stayed dark grey (tried with Pyrrhus, who has enough command stars to be nightbattle capable without traits). That was the same result as with Ferromancers EB for BI installation. After looking around in the forums I found a description of how to get EB to work on the .EXE of the Alexander expansion. There it was recommended to not use "options bi" but "options +prebattle_night_battle_tickbox".
    In the first try I added the "prebattle_night_battle_tickbox" after a "," in the same line as "options bi". When I tried to start a new campaign a got the above error message.
    The reason for the error seems a to be an error in the "options" line (which is not the line that is reported to be faulty !).
    I got the error to disappear and have the night battle tickbox enabled when I replaced "options bi" with "options +prebattle_night_battle_tickbox". (the + is essential!)

I finally made it to work. I followed instructions in this thread: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...3&postcount=85

However I used descr_strat from ferromancer`s installer to have night battles and formations enabled. So far the only glitch, is that there is no icon for shieldwall in the battle interface (clicking appropiate hotkey works though).

Quote Originally Posted by Woreczko
    I finally made it to work. I followed instructions in this thread: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...3&postcount=85

However I used descr_strat from ferromancer`s installer to have night battles and formations enabled. So far the only glitch, is that there is no icon for shieldwall in the battle interface (clicking appropiate hotkey works though).

You will only have the option to begin a night battle, when your general has at least 4 command stars. The night-fighter trait is disabled in EB. To activate it, you would need to remove the ";" at the beginning of each line in the "NIGHT FIGHTING SECTION" of the "export_descr_character_traits.txt" file. This gives general a chance to acquire the traits.

Additionally in ''../eb/data/export_descr_VnVs_enums.txt'' you have to add the following lines (they should not be present in vanilla EB)
    Night_Fighter
    Night_Fighter_desc
    Night_Fighter_effects_desc
    Noctophiliac
    Noctophiliac_desc
    Noctophiliac_effects_desc

and last in "../eb/data/text\export_VnVs.txt'' the following lines should be added, if they are not present:
    ¬--------------------

{Alone_in_the_Dark} Alone in the Dark

{Alone_in_the_Dark_desc}
    In the dark, there were always strange noises, and as a child this man heard them.

{Alone_in_the_Dark_effects_desc}
    -1 Command when fighting at night

¬--------------------

{Night_Fighter} Night Fighter

{Night_Fighter_desc}
    This trait allows a general to fight a battle at night.

{Night_Fighter_effects_desc}
    +1 Command when fighting at night

¬--------------------

{Night_Terrors} Night Terrors

{Night_Terrors_desc}
    Darkness is not a friend. Darkness is where bad things happen.

{Night_Terrors_effects_desc}
    -2 Command when fighting at night, +1 to personal security (improves the chances of detecting and foiling assassination attempts).

¬--------------------

{Noctophobic} Noctophobic

{Noctophobic_desc}
    Whatever his reasons, this man is terrified by darkness and the long, long hours of the lonely night.

{Noctophobic_effects_desc}
    -3 Command when fighting at night, +2 to personal security (improves the chances of detecting and foiling assassination attempts).

¬--------------------

{Likes_the_Dark} Likes the Dark

{Likes_the_Dark_desc}
    In the dark people get scared. But not this man.

{Likes_the_Dark_effects_desc}
    +1 Command when fighting at night.

¬--------------------

{Night_Owl} Night Owl

{Night_Owl_desc}
    The cloak of night is a friend to this man. He uses the dark; he is strong in the dark.

{Night_Owl_effects_desc}
    +2 Command when fighting at night.
    ¬--------------------

{Noctophiliac} Noctophiliac

{Noctophiliac_desc}
    Born at midnight, or in love with the moonlight, this man is a real night bird, almost resenting the coming of dawn.

{Noctophiliac_effects_desc}
    +3 Command when fighting at night.

{Noctophiliac_gain_desc}
    This man is now seen as an expert when commanding battles at night.

¬--------------------

Hey, thanks mate :) . Some baloons for you :)

Ok...installed the patch,and game won't fire up with the Bi disk?,installed the patch to my copy of eb,is there anything else I need to do?
    So come down get of your F****** cross,we need the space,to nail the next to the wall

I am getting a CTD when I try to start a campaign.

I am pretty sure I followed the install directions correctly.

RTW
    BI (includes previous RTW patch)
    Patch
    EB
    This mod
    "I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams." -Hamlet, II, ii

"Historians and others attempt to pin the tail on the reluctant monkey of change." -excerpt from a real college essay, from Ignorance is Blitz by Anders Henriksson

I now have one of those same errors,
    Sript Error in EB/Data/Export_descr_unit.txt, at line 140, column 34.
    Could not find soldier battle model for unit type 'generic ship baitaz'.

Tried the previous fixes in this thread, nothing has worked.

is there a chance that this installer works with eb 1.1? btw great installer it works perfect for me...

"Alexander came by the statue of his father and spoke loud: `Youths of the Pellaians and of the Macedonians and of the Hellenic Amphictiony and of the Lakedaimonians and of the Corinthians... and of all the Hellenic peoples, join your fellow-soldiers and entrust yourselves to me, so that we can move against the barbarians and liberate ourselves from the Persian bondage, for AS Hellenes WE should not be slaves to barbarians."

The Aspiring God Of War Member Lysander13's Avatar
    Leading the assault against the Gods at Mount Olympos itself.

I would not use this installer on my 1.1 installation were I any of you. As it does not appear from the first post that it has been updated for 1.1. It will break your installation as you will be overwriting the 1.1 EDU for the old 1.0 EDU with added BI abilities. I would recommend you do it manually or wait til this is updated for 1.1.

I used it with 1.1 and it seems to be working fine, no trouble with crashes so far in either campaign or battles... I also didn't install any of the BI specific features such as the shiled walls or night battles.
    Balloons from Andronikos, Frontline1944, HunGeneral, m0r1d1n, Alsatia and skullheadhq

My EB Faction Wallpapers:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=120204

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander13
    I would not use this installer on my 1.1 installation were I any of you. As it does not appear from the first post that it has been updated for 1.1. It will break your installation as you will be overwriting the 1.1 EDU for the old 1.0 EDU with added BI abilities. I would recommend you do it manually or wait til this is updated for 1.1.
    i will follow your wisdom ..Thanx !

"Alexander came by the statue of his father and spoke loud: `Youths of the Pellaians and of the Macedonians and of the Hellenic Amphictiony and of the Lakedaimonians and of the Corinthians... and of all the Hellenic peoples, join your fellow-soldiers and entrust yourselves to me, so that we can move against the barbarians and liberate ourselves from the Persian bondage, for AS Hellenes WE should not be slaves to barbarians."

Quote Originally Posted by mlc82
    I used it with 1.1 and it seems to be working fine, no trouble with crashes so far in either campaign or battles... I also didn't install any of the BI specific features such as the shiled walls or night battles.

but you missing the good stuff shield wall for hellenic hoplites is just great ..if you use it with the short_pike attr. it is even better

The Aspiring God Of War Member Lysander13's Avatar
    Leading the assault against the Gods at Mount Olympos itself.

Quote Originally Posted by mlc82
    Oh, ok. I've never used this installer and wasn't aware it offered you options on what the user wants to install. I manually add all of my BI stuff. I guess as long as you stay away from adding the BI specific features the user may be ok.
    Last edited by Lysander13; 04-08-2008 at 20:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander13
    Oh, ok. I've never used this installer and wasn't aware it offered you options on what the user wants to install. I manually add all of my BI stuff. I guess as long as you stay away from adding the BI specific features the user may be ok.

yeah, i've been using the old 0.8x version on 1.1 without the EDU changes and it works fine...
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by The Wicked
    but you missing the good stuff shield wall for hellenic hoplites is just great ..if you use it with the short_pike attr. it is even better
    I actually thought you weren't supposed to use those special features with 1.0 either and so never have... I always used TWFanatics' First Cohort/Better Hoplites mod anyway which I liked the most anyway. No idea if it's compatible with 1.1 though.
    Balloons from Andronikos, Frontline1944, HunGeneral, m0r1d1n, Alsatia and skullheadhq

My EB Faction Wallpapers:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=120204

Quote Originally Posted by STuNTz2023
    I now have one of those same errors,
    Sript Error in EB/Data/Export_descr_unit.txt, at line 140, column 34.
    Could not find soldier battle model for unit type 'generic ship baitaz'.

Tried the previous fixes in this thread, nothing has worked.
    I had that error and then realized that I had forgotten to install EB 1.0 before applying the installer.
    "I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams." -Hamlet, II, ii

"Historians and others attempt to pin the tail on the reluctant monkey of change." -excerpt from a real college essay, from Ignorance is Blitz by Anders Henriksson

So has anyone tried to see if it works for 1.1? Ah what the heck, I'll try it anyway, I'll just reinstall if it messes up.

So it doesn't work. I just tried a custom battle, but when I try to start it, it takes me back to the faction selection screen. Help?

Script error. It couldn't find the, something or another, for the generic ship Baitaz.

Crashed.

Edit: Could not find soldier battle model.

Line 140, column 33. EB/data/export_descr_unit.txt Script error.

;12
    type generic ship baitaz
    dictionary generic_ship_baitaz ; Baitaz Flotilla
    category ship
    class light
    voice_type General_1
    soldier hellenistic_infantry_daernaght_pantodapoi, 13, 0, 1
    ship light warship
    attributes sea_faring
    formation 1.2, 1.8, 2.4, 2.4, 3, square
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 1, 0, no, 0, 0, melee, blade, slashing, none, 25 ,1
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, no, no, none, 25 ,1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 2, 1, 0, flesh
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 0
    stat_ground 0, 0, 0, 0
    stat_mental 20, normal, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 2, 2000, 800, 200, 200, 2000
    ownership germans, slave

Edit: here is the ship.

Never mind. It just doesn't seem to work with 1.1, so I'll wait for the updated one (if it hopefully is made).
    Last edited by EasyCo506; 04-10-2008 at 22:47.

Hello, to all.

First of all, thank you to the creator of this mod. BI adds a whole new lvl of dimension to the already wonderful game (lets face it EB is just too good to be called a MOD compare to Vanilla RTW).

I have just installed 1.1 (vanilla > BI > 1.6 patch > all permanent fixes for 1.1 > BI of EB 1.0).

I believe as long as you DON'T opt to use shiltron/shield wall and night battles, this mod functions flawlessly. At least for me it runs with NO problems.

Roman.
    " If he is so smart, how come he is dead?" - Homer Simpson

I posted a similar message in another thread, but I thought it would be appropriate to add it to my own thread about the mod:

I would like to let you know that I'm finally back and currently working on updating my installer to version 1.1 of EB.

I am also going to remove schiltrom because it's horribly horribly broken after much testing. Two problems with it. The AI sometimes gets confused and puts a unit into schiltrom (in the middle of nowhere on a field sometimes) and just leaves it there to be slaughtered. Second, it seems while schiltrom is sometimes effective against a cavalry rush, I've noticed that some units will stand there and do nothing when engaging in hand-to-hand. It doesn't matter if it's a strong unit or weak unit, but many times the schiltrom will kill not a single enemy unit! Something is screwy and it will have to wait until EB2.0 to put schiltrom back into the game.

I feature I will be adding is for a troop to carry torches during night battles. If possible I will make it so it's an optional feature in the installer.

Currently I'm slogging through the EDU file, one unit at a time :)

Any idea what the MP EDU is all about? I assumed it's for multiplayer. If so, I'm not to going to add shieldwall or can-swim to it so that it's compatible with other mods if they also leave the multiplayer EDU alone.
    Currently playing as:

Want to play Europa Barbarorum on Barbarian Invasion? Read all about it!
    Thanks for the balloons!

Big Brother got you down? Join the Freedom Group on the .org!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferromancer View Post
    The AI sometimes gets confused and puts a unit into schiltrom (in the middle of nowhere on a field sometimes) and just leaves it there to be slaughtered.
    told ya
    MP EDU is as you guessed is for MP games.
    im still using your old installer (for 1.0) and it works fine, just needed formations option dis activated when installing.
    glad to see you back and looking forward to a new installer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    told ya
    Yes, you were right, I was wrong. I was hoping that the AI would undo the formation eventually, but... no dice.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

does this work with EB 1.1?
    Ser mineiro é, antes de tudo, um estado de espírito.

El bien perdido

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwfhJy6JwPg
    A don Jose! Oriental en la vida e en la muerte tambien!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok. View Post
    does this work with EB 1.1?
    Only if you leave all options unticked (no shield wall, night battles, etc) and it will set everything up so that EB of any version can run with BI. I'm currently updating it so that the installer is fully compatible with EB 1.1.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

Any known killing bugs, bugs, bugs with the perm fixess, bugs with the temp fixes, bugs in custom battle, bugs in historical battle, bugs in X faction on Y year that can lead to ultimate frustration?

El bien perdido

Okay. I've now updated everything to work with version 1.1 of EB! Please redownload it. REMEMBER TO UNINSTALL THE OLD EB FOR BI FIRST!

As far as the permanent fixes, I'll think about adding them at some point, maybe as a part of the main section or as a separate check box. I'll have to investigate.

I've updated the first post with all the new information regarding the installer.
    Last edited by Ferromancer; 06-22-2008 at 23:04. Reason: whoops forgot to mention something
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

Does this installer works with all the
    1-AI unit formation mini mod
    2-city mod restriction mini mod
    3-Spoilers of battle mini mod
    4-forced diplomacy

please tell me it can

El bien perdido

Quote Originally Posted by Havok. View Post
    Does this installer works with all the
    1-AI unit formation mini mod
    2-city mod restriction mini mod
    3-Spoilers of battle mini mod
    4-forced diplomacy

please tell me it can
    If any of these mods change the EDU, then you won't have shield-wall. BUT. If you only install the "main section" of my installer (the first checkbox), you can have any of these mods installed over my installer, and then you'll be able to play these mods with BI instead of vanilla RTW.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast