Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New installer for Europa Barbarorum with Barbarian Invasion

Default Re: New installer for Europa Barbarorum with Barbarian Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Lent View Post
    I installed the installer for BI, but when I run the game, I am unable to play the EB Main Campaign ("Please select an item from this list") and when I quit the game I get the following error message: Script error in eb/data/world/maps/campain/barbarian_invasion/descr_strat-txt at line 1, column2:
    Expected campain or battle map type

Someone solved the problem by following those (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...13#post1433613 instructions but they did not solve the problem...

Do you guys know how to solve my problem?
    You likely do not have a valid installation of EB, or you've installed BI to a system protected folder (currently the installer just checks for Program Files - what folder did you install to?)

EDIT: Also, those instructions in that post are for installing EB with BI MANUALLY, which will likely just make things worse if you've run this installer first.
    Last edited by Ferromancer; 02-06-2011 at 21:26.
    Currently playing as:

Want to play Europa Barbarorum on Barbarian Invasion? Read all about it!
    Thanks for the balloons!

Big Brother got you down? Join the Freedom Group on the .org!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferromancer View Post
    The install button remains greyed out until you select a directory with a valid EXE for BI. An unpatched or cracked exe will not work. And you definitely should be able to change folders (just tested on my win7 x64 box).
    I don't think I've patched BI. Come to think of it the instructions said you needed to patch BI. My bad

You likely do not have a valid installation of EB, or you've installed BI to a system protected folder (currently the installer just checks for Program Files - what folder did you install to?)

EDIT: Also, those instructions in that post are for installing EB with BI MANUALLY, which will likely just make things worse if you've run this installer first.
    C:, but outside Program Files. What should I do?
    Balloons are opium for the Orgah's

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Lent View Post
    C:, but outside Program Files. What should I do?
    I have a windows 7 x64 box. Rome Total War is installed to c:\Games\Activision\Rome - Total War\ , and I created the C:\Games\ folder using the same account that I used to install RTW. This garauntees that RTW has all the necessary permissions to write to that folder. Otherwise it spams files to a hidden folder in C:\Users\[your account], and this causes lots of problems. Also, make sure you follow the instructions on the first post of this thread. RTW, BI, and EB and all the patches have to be installed in a certain order. In my case, after following the proper install order of RTW, BI, and EB, I ran my installer at c:\Games\Activision\Rome - Total War\. When you run my installer, there is a text box that spits out messages on copying files and patching files. Make sure you look at this text box and copy it somewhere in case you can't run EB with BI, so I can see what went wrong.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

So I patched BI, and everything worked great. Thank you very much

I really must thank you for this mod. Without it EB crashed after just about every battle, but now I can actually complete a campaign.
    I have a few questions though. Does the RS2 environments for EB mod affect or clash with yours? And is is possible for you to disable
    the campaign map voices of units and characters in a future patch. Hearing that horrible barbarian imitation accent yell "General" at you
    really is quite annoying.
    Once again, thank you for this mod.

It is working now. This is great. But I have a question. I was able to set the preferences but when I tried to change the configuration I get th.

Failed to copy the file 'C:/Users/publismanlio/EB/EB/sp game edu
    backup/map.rwm' to
    'C:/Users/publismanlio/EB/EB/Data/world/maps/base/map.rwm'
    (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)

edit: Nevermind. I simply added " -ne" to target line for windowed mode. Thank you for this awesomeness!
    Last edited by moriluk; 03-17-2011 at 18:56.

Some guy asked it in 2009, at page 13, but I saw no answer!

How do I trigger the windowes mode using this EB BI ? I can't find a way on that!
    Last edited by Odoacro; 03-23-2011 at 01:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander IV Aegus View Post
    I really must thank you for this mod. Without it EB crashed after just about every battle, but now I can actually complete a campaign.
    I have a few questions though. Does the RS2 environments for EB mod affect or clash with yours? And is is possible for you to disable
    the campaign map voices of units and characters in a future patch. Hearing that horrible barbarian imitation accent yell "General" at you
    really is quite annoying.
    Once again, thank you for this mod.
    In theory, this installer is compatible with any mod, so long as you run my installer last. Basically, install EB, patch it, patch BI, install any mods you want, then run my installer.

What is this RS2 environment mod by the way? It sounds interesting. EDIT: I found the mod, at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=415513
    It looks very appealing.
    Last edited by Ferromancer; 04-06-2011 at 03:41. Reason: found the mod
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

I've evaluated RS2 environments for EB mod. It works so long as you install it after EB and before you run my installer, and that you leave Remove Giant Trees UNCHECKED in my installer. The environments look much more realistic, giving this game a bit more longevity!
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

If you are trying to access the link to download my installer, it is temporarily down. I am migrating to a cheaper and hopefully better host. The download will be available again shortly.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

Is there a mirror where I can download your installer? If not, no worries. Good luck with the new host.

Script Error in eb/data/export_descr_unit.txt at line 10227, column 27.
    Could not find officer battle model for unit type 'roman infantry first legionary cohort i.'

I had this working fine. After installing I got this message once on the first try then never again. I played this for several months with no problems.

Then I wanted to reinstall without shield wall. Now I get this message every time and am unable to play it. Any one else get this message? What did you do?

I did not install in program files or anything. I am using vista. BI is patched 1.6 User account control is turned off. EB with rtw.exe was working fine. Anyone?

edit: I am inclined to believe it has something to do with the minimod from reading simlar problems in other threads. But I used the minimod on my last install.

RTW
    Bi
    Bi 1.6 patch
    eb 1.1
    eb 1.2
    fixes
    minimod
    BI installer

I have also tried doing the fixes again after the minimod instead of before, and not at all as the bi installer has them.

I can get this to work without minimod. I cannot get it to work with. I also tried installing minimod after. I every combination I can think of.
    Last edited by moriluk; 05-04-2011 at 22:07.

Link is dead, could anybody re-upload it please?

Got off my butt and got the new website functional. It's not back to where it was before, but now you can download EB for BI again. Donations don't work, so it's a completely free download at the moment.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

Is there like an upload to a normal file hoster? I'm not giving this odd shopping site thing my address... or perhaps you could compose this into a torrent?

Quote Originally Posted by Kikaz View Post
    Is there like an upload to a normal file hoster? I'm not giving this odd shopping site thing my address... or perhaps you could compose this into a torrent?
    I haven't figured out how to not require an address for a free item for this kind of shopping cart. You could always put a fictional address on there to amuse me.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

I haven't figured out how to not require an address for a free item for this kind of shopping cart. You could always put a fictional address on there to amuse me.
    I'll give it a shot.. hopefully it works.

So, you just don't want to torrent this or don't know how? It's much easier than having a web address host it, I reckon.
    Last edited by Kikaz; 06-06-2011 at 01:54. Reason: Look for Yawgmoth Peenuckle. Thanks for making this by the way.

Okay, I've hacked and slashed to the point where you are no longer required to enter an address. Now all you need is a name, country, and email.

On torrenting, at 1.5 megs, it's too small for a torrent, and there probably won't be enough seeds anyway.

As for the top-heavy shopping cart, I plan on putting more software up there. Eventually there will be bigger software products on there that are not donationware. So I can quit my job. Some day. Maybe.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

Hello.

I have a question. Can EB work with the demo version of BI.exe? I've read your first post but not the entire thread.

EDIT: also - assuming it works - do I need to patch the demo?
    Last edited by kureoshin; 06-11-2011 at 15:09.

Quote Originally Posted by kureoshin View Post
    Hello.

I have a question. Can EB work with the demo version of BI.exe? I've read your first post but not the entire thread.

EDIT: also - assuming it works - do I need to patch the demo?
    The installer checks the date on the EXE to make sure that it's installing against the correct version of BI. You could try patching the demo to version 1.6, but I have no idea if that will work or not.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

I tried patching the demo with the 1.6 patch but it said it could not locate Rome: Total War - Barbarian Invasion. I'm using Windows 7 and I saved the RTW folder with BI demo + EB in My Documents. I also renamed that foder "RTW with Europa Barbarorum". Why is the patch not able to find BI? Is this because I am using a demo or because of the folder name or file location?

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would assume that the demo .exe has been created in such a way that you cannot use it to emulate the full expansion. Also, and no offence, but if you want to use the expansion, you should pay for it.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Hey i have just returned to EB after a year out ..... i had EB with BI installed previously ..... problem i have now is im using previous saves i had ..... and im getting constant CTDS and my desktop keeps randomly popping up mostly whilst in battle .... this is very annoying. Whys it happening?

I noticed a guy futher up installed a minimod also .... i have all these installed except for that minimod pack... what does this do and do i need it? If some 1 could answer these id be very grateful tyvm :)
    RTW
    Bi
    Bi 1.6 patch
    eb 1.1
    eb 1.2
    fixes
    minimod -I havnt installed this
    BI installer
    Last edited by lionhard; 06-21-2011 at 13:48. Reason: few things
    From Olaf the Great

"Fight for your country -- that is the best, the only omen! ..." - Hector

Member Member Cincinnatus Johnson's Avatar
    Burke, Virginia, United States of America

Ferromancer,

First off - thanks for the BI-based mod. I've been playing my lastest campaign for about 10 months. As long as I limit the continuous gameplay to 2 hours or less at a stretch I get no CTDs.
    I've got a gameplay question that I hope you or one of the experts here can shed some light on. I achieved Polybian reform a long time ago. Now its about 141 BC in my campaign. I've conquered most of historical Rome's territories except for Brittania, Iberia and the Ptolemaic lands in along the southeast section of the Mediterranen. I've eliminated the Epirotes and the Carthaginians. The question I have is about upcoming reforms and technological advances. I've continued playing and many years have passed since the Polybian reforms but I've seen nothing since. Are there futher reforms in the BI executeable? Are there certain trigger points I simply haven't hit yet? I was expecting to eventually come to a point where ballistae, scorpions, and the like would be developed. Do you have any ideas about this?
    Thanks,
    - CJ

Quote Originally Posted by lionhard View Post
    Hey i have just returned to EB after a year out ..... i had EB with BI installed previously ..... problem i have now is im using previous saves i had ..... and im getting constant CTDS and my desktop keeps randomly popping up mostly whilst in battle .... this is very annoying. Whys it happening?

I noticed a guy futher up installed a minimod also .... i have all these installed except for that minimod pack... what does this do and do i need it? If some 1 could answer these id be very grateful tyvm :)
    RTW
    Bi
    Bi 1.6 patch
    eb 1.1
    eb 1.2
    fixes
    minimod -I havnt installed this
    BI installer
    Installation of certain mods will break your savegame compatability. Also, upgrading EB could break your save as well.

Also you do not need to install the fixes, as my installer will patch those fixes into EB for you -- in fact those fixes are probably wiped out by any mods you install anyway!
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus Johnson View Post
    Ferromancer,

First off - thanks for the BI-based mod. I've been playing my lastest campaign for about 10 months. As long as I limit the continuous gameplay to 2 hours or less at a stretch I get no CTDs.
    I've got a gameplay question that I hope you or one of the experts here can shed some light on. I achieved Polybian reform a long time ago. Now its about 141 BC in my campaign. I've conquered most of historical Rome's territories except for Brittania, Iberia and the Ptolemaic lands in along the southeast section of the Mediterranen. I've eliminated the Epirotes and the Carthaginians. The question I have is about upcoming reforms and technological advances. I've continued playing and many years have passed since the Polybian reforms but I've seen nothing since. Are there futher reforms in the BI executeable? Are there certain trigger points I simply haven't hit yet? I was expecting to eventually come to a point where ballistae, scorpions, and the like would be developed. Do you have any ideas about this?
    Thanks,
    - CJ
    For information how to trigger reforms, please consult this FAQ:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...Barbarorum-FAQ
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

Where do I download it? The link provided is weird

Hi, i'm also having a bit of trouble getting this installer to work. Currently i get an "item not found" message when i try to start a campaign.

Maybe i have not installed everything in the right order, this i what i did:

1) Install RTW
    2) Install BI
    3) Patch BI to 1.6
    4) Install this
    5) Install EB
    6) Patch EB

I'm running Windows 7 and RTW is not in program files.

Any suggestions?

I think you do need to switch up the order a bit by installing this last. Of course I don't know for sure since I can't even get this to install :P

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast