Thread: Question and Answer

Default Question and Answer

Any questions about the mod please go here.
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War

Default Re: Question and Answer

What version is the beta for?

RTW 1.5

The readme (note: it might be a good idea to post the readme in this forum, it´s supposed to answer a lot of questions beforehand regarding the required version and the installation process) states that the installation should not overwrite anything, however, when I take a look at the folder structure that does not seem to be the case. A mod folder installer should theoretically only have the mod folder, the shortcut and the readme in it. Your installer has an empty mod folder, a data folder and a few more, all of which already should be present in the RTW root directory.

Oh ****, that's why people have been getting it wrong...

The WHTW folder which you download and get directly out of the zip is what you paste inside your RTW directory. The second WHTW folder underneath the top one should be discounted.

Yes, but then the name does not match. In the paths in models_battles the folder simply is WHTW, the folder which you get when you unzip the pack is named WHTW - Download Copy.

Oh darn.

Reanme it to WHTW and it will work then.

Oh, I know how to go about it, but chances are a lot of other people taking an interest in this mod won´t.

I just downloaded your mod and I tried to unzip the content into my RTW folder, but it told me that same files that sound like they have something to do with the unit models could not be unzipped because they are faulty. It ended that the whole folder has only been unzipped in my programfiles/rtw folder, not in my programme/folder (I'm using windows vista, perhaps that may cause problems?)

Speak up for those who were silenced forever.
    Visit https://www.HellenicGenocide.org

Hi,

I have downloaded the mod. I notice in the read me instructions I have to alter the path for the exec supplied. How do i do this as it only ever opens up the RTW game. Nothing for WTW.
    Any help gratefully recieved!!

You need to save WTW to a folder named WHTW (just that, no additions) under your main RTW directory, it should be inside the folder that contains the .exe file. Directly in that folder should be your WTW dat folder and readme and stuff, no other levels. Then click shortcut - properties, and edit the path to point to your RTW directory.