Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bugs and Patch Changes v1.6 (BI)

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Default Re: BI Bugs

Ehm, this is the bug-thread. A lot of what you havfe asked is answered in several of the other threads.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

I'm sure it's been mentioned but I tend to get CTD's after a particularly large siege, and when i choose to occupy/enslave/exterminate (I don't believe it matters which one you choose) it CTD's. It's the main reason i stopped playing my Goth campaign :/.

There seems to be a slightly 'random' ability to produce saps. Sometimes the option appears when you go to build siege equipment on large, larger and epic walls, other times they are greyed out with a 'this equipment not needed' tool tip. This happens whether you have units with the 'Can Sap' ability or not in your siege stack. Obviously, they are always unavailable when sieging wooden walls.

I say it's random - there could be a pattern that I'm not seeing. If someone wants to have a crack at explaining it to me, I'd appreciate it.

On the other hand, it's great to see the AI using saps more frequently against me now.

Not sure if it's a bug or not, but I'm unable to choose the zoroastrian religion with most factions, which is something you should be able to, at least as barbarians.
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

Bug Hunter Senior Member player1's Avatar

"CharacterMarries" event still does not work, when used in scripts for generaing ancillaries or vices and virtues.

I tried few tests with putting some of the traits/ancillaries that should be gained at 100% chance on event, and it did not happen.

What this means for common player is that traits such as Well Mannered Wife, or ancillaries like Evil Mother-in-Law will not apprear in game (exempt in few cases when they are preplaced at the beggining of campaign).

P.S.
    This was old v1.2 bug
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack

EDIT: post deleted (Wrong forum)
    Last edited by sik1977; 10-08-2005 at 10:55.
    AMD A64 3700+ (San Diego)
    MSI K8N NEO4 Platinum
    Asus EN7800GTX TOP 256MB
    Kingston 2x1 GB DDR400 Ram
    Cooler Master Extreme Power Duo 600W

"Upgrade bodyguard" building function in v1.3 imperial campaign doesn't seem to do much for other factions exempt romans.

For romans, building imperial palace triggers Marius reforms, which with other things upgrades bodyguards for ALL factions.

On the other hand, when other factions build their highest level governor buildings, nothing happens (although they also have "Upgrade bodyguard" function).

Feature or bug?

Pictish Crossbowmen have weird attack animation.
    They have bowmen stance when using crossbow. Weird.

Easy to test in custom battle.

EDIT:
    Changing the flexi model to one used by bucellarii fixes this problem, which leads me to belive that error is in original celt crossbowmne CAS files. Not that they are needed, since bucellarii ones can be used without problems.

EDIT2:
    Not perfect fix. There are side-effects.
    Changing flexi to bucellarii screws up their forearms a bit (getting edgy).
    Last edited by player1; 10-08-2005 at 21:37.

Chief Biscuit Monitor Member professorspatula's Avatar

Yep, he's stuck in archery-esque mode, despite having the fs_crossbow skeleton. The Merc bucellarii crossbowman is given the wrong skeleton too.. fs_archer.
    Improving the TW Series one step at a time:

BI Extra Hordes & Unlocked Factions Mod: Available here.

Look the edited post above. I found the fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax
    Not sure if it's a bug or not, but I'm unable to choose the zoroastrian religion with most factions, which is something you should be able to, at least as barbarians.
    There only available to the Sassanids.

Before posting please read first post... I have compiled all the bugs for now. Might put them in related order at some point. But please read the first post.

Default Re: BI Bugs (read first post before posting)

The new personality VnV system added in BI is not really working (the "hidden" traits Guardian, Idealist, Rational, Artisan).

How it is supposed to work is that every character gets one personality at birth, which disables some of VnVs happening to him.

But there are several problems.

For example, if you give to trait Drink, Guardian personality as antitrait, like it's done in files, that does not mean that Guardians won't get Drink trait at all. It only means if you have points in Drink, that getting Guardian trait later, will reduce those points if possible. Since personality is gained at birth, before other traits are generated, it will in no way prevent getting Drink trait after.

To work it should've been done the other way around. For Drink to be disabled for Guardians, Drink should've been an anti-trait to Guardian, not vice versa. That way evrytime Drink should be gained, game will try to reduce Guardian, which is not possible due to "nogoingback" level, so Drink won't be gained.

Another problem with system is that, preplaced character don't have these "hidden" traits, nor will those characters adopted/married get them. Only those born into the family will get them.

Pining for the glory days... Member lancelot's Avatar

I have noticed that some pictures in the info parchments dont show up on some occasions, Im not sure if there is a pattern to this or not.

Some traits seem confused.. one has +1 and -1 to public order in the same personaility trait!
    "England expects that every man will do his duty" Lord Nelson

"Extinction to all traitors" Megatron

"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such." Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by PseRamesses
    5. CTD´s, CTD´s, CTD´s. It´s been mentioned a lot but this is really frustrating. Especially when you´re fighting the 4th or 5th consecutive horde-battle, 3hrs waisted, arrrrrgh!
    Save, save, save. Especially before every major battle.

Merkismathr of Birka Member PseRamesses's Avatar
    Birka town in Svitjod. Realm of the Rus and the midnight sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvanko
    Save, save, save. Especially before every major battle.
    You can´t save during the AI´s turn, can you? I always press ctrl+S before a battle but when the AI hit you 2, 3, 4 or even 5 turns in a row there is nowhere to save, right!? Now, my CTD´s always occur in this phase of the game. It helps though if you reboot now and then. Playing long sessions seems to put a lot of strain on your PC which causes your game to crash due to mem.loss I think.

Of course you can. Hit escape, and go to save game.

As the saxons if your conquer britainia ie take the roman provinces the game CTDs probably somehting to do with the romano-british emerging

Merkismathr of Birka Member PseRamesses's Avatar
    Birka town in Svitjod. Realm of the Rus and the midnight sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvanko
    Of course you can. Hit escape, and go to save game.
    He he, and now he tells me! It seems we learn something every day, don´t we? Had no idea that I could save between battles during the AI turn. Don´t tell me that I could´ve done it in the vanilla RTW too?!
    Thx!

Exempt ongers and ballistas, romano-britons are also lacking bucellarii in campaign, while having them in custom battles.

Also, celtic wardogs have wrong color in battle (black, instead of white).

I'm pretty sure this is a bug:

The "toggle AI control of reinforcements" button doesn't work. If the reinforcement army is controlled by a general, it is always controlled by the AI. If it's an army controlled by a captain, it's always under your control.
    Proud Strategos of the

Yeah I have notied something fishy with that too... Will add it right away.

Btw, this is a shot of the result of the ladder-limbo. Most of the guys here are from a unit after the intial 'limbo' unit. The same happened at another ladder attack a little way down the wall. My infantry killed almost nothing in this battle due to this.

Bug/Exploits:

- AI have problems in conquer rebel towns. Sometimes even with much greater armys AI quit from sieges and don't conquer easy towns.

- In sieges, when reinforcing ladders or siege towers, AI ignore Towers and is devasted because aproach armys of it.

- Is impossible to join several admirals in same fleet like we do with generals in land armys (problem that remain from RTW).

- I got a General that was Archer instead Germany Bodyguards!!

- When conquering citys Horde don't destroy all possible buildings (like human do) even with the message that everything was destroyed.

- ERE defend to bad Egypt and Desert citys!!! It's easy to get a landing and conquer ERE best economic citys with a small army! That important citys almost don't have garrison and Human can get it with few cost!!! Maybe CA should provide for AI always have a large garrison in ERE south frontier!

Other Problems:

- AI do many peasantas in the armys!!
    - AI is very little expansive, take lot's of time to advance and conquer territorys when have huge army superiority.
    - Retraining experience units keep their experience for no extra cost! Another problem that remains from RTW.
    Falas Português? Então participa no PorT Fórum de M2TW!!

Chief Biscuit Monitor Member professorspatula's Avatar

The problem with ancillary characters being copied still remains. Sometimes you move a retinue character from one person to another, but it appears as if the character hasn't moved. The character has actually moved, but doesn't appear to until you close the window down. But if you then drop the same character back onto the original person's retinue list without closing the window, you now have a copy of the ancillary character. It doesn't happen all the time, but I notice it a far bit. I'm sure people said this happened in the original RTW before.

Oh and I wonder what are the chances CA will fix all the messed up textures and models in the next patch. British Legionaries with just one and a half legs? No wonder the poor sods had no chance when they were crippled and faced unimpressed and angry Saxon raiders.
    Improving the TW Series one step at a time:

BI Extra Hordes & Unlocked Factions Mod: Available here.

Another problems are the using of mass villagers to garrison our citys a low cost! Maybe villagers should have a penalty in giving order to citys to force players using limitanei, or even better, maybe CA retire villagers for civilizated factions......

Another problem i verified is that in some sieges at stoned walled citys, doing sappers not was available (and i had infantry ;)). And i NEVER went attacked with sappers by AI, but i guess it was only my game experience, because some people already reported it.

Other BIG BUG is:

When AI attacks with several armys, only of them build siege weapons, the others just remain quiet trying to enter when a breach is done..... and are mostly killed by defense towers.

And AI never conquer our defensive towers when they control the gates and have armys inside. It would require only 1 or 2 companys to run around the walls and conquer towers to minimize casualities in main army when it moves inside walls to the center to fight the final battle against human.

Another solution for this can be Towers only fire to outside instead inside walls.

Quote Originally Posted by PorT_Lobo

Another problem i verified is that in some sieges at stoned walled citys, doing sappers not was available (and i had infantry ;)). And i NEVER went attacked with sappers by AI, but i guess it was only my game experience, because some people already reported it.
    Not all infantry can sap. Most merc infantry can, though.

PorT_Lobo, please read the first post as the thread says... Basically all of what you say has already been noted.

Angry Re: BI Bugs (read first post before posting)

I noticed playing as a ERE that theres only one province that can make a port in the red sea this is the city of Petra. Theres no reason to make a port over there, you can´t have any trade with someone.

I think theres a fewer province than vanilla.

AB
    Virtvtis fortvna comes
    Abrarey

CA better do a patch this is just too many bugs for a game that was suppose to solve many but seems that many bugs that had been fixed in 1.2 have reappeared.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast