Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MTW Review Part 1: Castles and Siege Warfare.

Coffee farmer extraordinaire Member spmetla's Avatar

The seasons is one thing I really miss from STW. The tech goes faster your heirs and Leaders seem to last longer. And you can strategically attack in summer to take all the improvements and income.

I'll stop now, this deserves a differnt thread.

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Four stage strategy from Yes, Minister:
    Stage one we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Im going to start a complaint thread. Ok?
    Then the programmers can go to it, and see what it brought up the most, and what needs to be adressed most in the patch.

------------------
    Proud Leader Of the SKD Clan
    Visit Us Here
    Proud Leader Of the SKD Clan
    Visit Us Here

Did medieval armmies really assault castles by using swords and axes to cut their way in through gatehouses? What are they using some kind of energy weapons?
    If I can break in through the gatehouse in a few minutes using ctrl-t, with just minimal losses, why would I waste my time with artillery, aside from the "cool" factor? Battering rams need to be added. Having reinforcement siege men arm artillery pieces and battering rams also needs to be included. Would it really be that difficult to code? Breaking in through the gatehouse should be far more of an ordeal, and very costly in terms of lives, arrows, rocks, boiling oil, murder holes, etc. DOn't you agree?

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

John Geeshu you can't just batter down the gate of an upgraded Keep or a Castle (upgrades or better castles I doubt you would just assault).
    You might win, but expect to lose a lot of men.

I had in a recent battle 83 men bottled up in a Castle (I think) and the AI tried to assault it, didn't work. I lost 16 men and I killed 90, but in reality the AI bled his army dry on this (castlekills are not counted in the end battle screen), and now I can safely retake the province.
    The ground around the castle was littered with dead Almohads, I have calculated the losses to be around 1000 (remembered the size of the force before the battle and the deducted the force left after the battle).

------------------
    BTW, Danish Crusades are true to history.

You may not care about war, but war cares about you!
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12